Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration with RTB

Options
  • 18-05-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Our new tenancy is not registered with RTB yet. Should I start asking questions? Or it's not needed?

(The property maintained by agency, I have no landlord's contact and he's getting onto my nerves, first month we were couple of hours late with the rent, second month the EA ringing me on the 10th, where's the dosh and the lease clearly says it's due on the 11th)

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The RTB public database can occasionally fail to be updated at all with some tenancies. I'd ring them before assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

You're still covered by the law and the RTB whether or not the tenancy is registered.

The landlord has three months to register a new tenancy so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Ok, thank you! Letters in the post always arrived in a month. This one no show after 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

FYI: It's now the RTB

Advertisement