Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Accord recall

• 18-05-2016 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I received notification from Honda that the airbag inflators may be faulty in my car. I phoned the nearest Honda garage and was informed the drivers side airbag inflator need to be replaced. Would anyone know why is it only one side is faulty? I drive a 2005 Accord, and the recall covers 2003 - 2012.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a different inflator system on the steering wheel. As far as I know the fault is that shardes of plastic/debris can come loose when the passenger airbag deploys from the dashboard putting them in to the passengers face.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/93373/honda-recalls-up-to-329000-uk-cars-for-takata-airbag-fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had mine done in the local Honda dealer I booked it in and the job took about 1/2 hr.
    Takata inflators were faulty in many manufacturers vehicles and they are all being replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Yes I got this too. Must give them a buzz shortly. Nice to hear it only took a half hour as the letter said to set aside a half day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I rang my Main Dealers last Thursday week still waiting for the parts to come in. Suits me as I was test driving a CRV there since and will be interested to see how their Sevice dept. normally do business.

Not looking favorably yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Mine booked in on tues. Do they replace the air bag mechanism or is it just a minor tweak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

cnoc wrote: »
    Yesterday I received notification from Honda that the airbag inflators may be faulty in my car. I phoned the nearest Honda garage and was informed the drivers side airbag inflator need to be replaced. Would anyone know why is it only one side is faulty? I drive a 2005 Accord, and the recall covers 2003 - 2012.

Same here,on insight

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

I rang my Main Dealers last Thursday week still waiting for the parts to come in. Suits me as I was test driving a CRV there since and will be interested to see how their Sevice dept. normally do business.

Not looking favorably yet...

I was told the parts will take 10 days to be delivered and will take about 2 hrs to replace one inflator. The letter states 1 hr for one repacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

My 08 Accord is a UK import so I guess I won't receive any notification. Should I just contact a dealer and book a time?

SeaFields wrote: »
    Yes I got this too. Must give them a buzz shortly. Nice to hear it only took a half hour as the letter said to set aside a half day.

In the States, Honda are obliged to give u a hire car until parts arrive,(Honda insight central forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭umop-apisdn

madds wrote: »
    My 08 Accord is a UK import so I guess I won't receive any notification. Should I just contact a dealer and book a time?

My 2004 Accord is a UK import and I still received the recall notice. If in doubt, call into your local dealership and ask them check for you. I would think that the recall applies to all Accords regardless of where they was first registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yep, mine is a UK import and I received the notice. Didn't take long to perform the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I used the contact me form from the importer in Dublin and they asked for my VIN, once I gave them the VIN they said to call the dealer of my choice and they would arrange the replacement inflator and fitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

It is a quick enough job. Our service dept gets through quite a few in a day. I'm sick of looking at airbags! We have shelves of them earmarked for jobs pending.

The whole airbag unit is replaced. Parts can take time to come in as this is such a big recall the demand for the same part is massive. Airbags are also slower to arrive as they are classed as hazardous goods for transport due to pyrotechnics.

Just the passenger one replaced in our 2005 accord today. Presume the drivers one is ok in that model

Still no word from Main Dealer yet. That's the end of me looking to buy anything off them, if they can't look after what is a" money in the bank" job, it doesn't bode well.

Anyone else waiting? Just to that poster about the english import, so was mine and I was contacted via post.

Mine was a uk import. No issues getting recall letter. Although i did contact them when i herd last year about the tata airbag controversy. But. They should know who the current owners are anyway.

Still no word from Main Dealer yet. That's the end of me looking to buy anything off them, if they can't look after what is a" money in the bank" job, it doesn't bode well.

Anyone else waiting? Just to that poster about the english import, so was mine and I was contacted via post.

I'm waiting 2 weeks after phoning my local main dealer. My car is not a UK import.

Contact, as I did Honda Ireland, with Vin number (mine was in jap)they then contact Japan, then back to Ireland, Honda will contact u then

I have been waiting for over 6 weeks now ! It's crazy

Over 3 months here, had forgotten about it!

Over 3 months here, had forgotten about it!

Did you phone your local Honda garage to make an appointment?

• Advertisement

cnoc wrote:
    Did you phone your local Honda garage to make an appointment?

Yup, "we'll call you back to arrange an appointment ". I just never followed through on it. Surely that's money in the bank for main dealers no?

Yup, "we'll call you back to arrange an appointment ". I just never followed through on it. Surely that's money in the bank for main dealers no?

Call them in the morning and say you need an appointment. I had to phone twice to get mine done.

cnoc wrote:
    Call them in the morning and say you need an appointment. I had to phone twice to get mine done.

I won't be ringing the main dealers, gonna ring Honda Ireland.

Did it take long?

I won't be ringing the main dealers, gonna ring Honda Ireland.

Did it take long?

After 2nd call, within in 1 week.

Advertisement