Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed

Options
  • 18-05-2016 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I removed the stock from my ruger 17 rim to give it a good cleaning . Put it back on as it came off headed out y- day to rezero it and it was shootin all over the place checked the screws they were tight I did notices that the barrel is now hitting the fore- end .can anyone tell me wats gone wrong. Sorry ment to say I used a torque screwdriver set to what the screw were tighten to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Is it a wooden stock? a couple of pics may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

its most likely that the action and barrel are not sitting correctly in the stock, loosen the action screws and place the butt of the rifle on the floor so the rifle is vertical and centre the barrel in the stock and retighten the action screws so the action and barrel are seated in the correct position.
    Try this fire to see if it sorts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭merv35

Yap it's timber

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If the problem was not there when you stripped it i thnk Wadi is right. You may have the barreled action not seated correctly. It could be something simple as the back of the action not seated right which is "tipping" the foreend down causing it to touch the stock.

Disassemble it, check everything and reassemble again. If this does not solve it we can go from there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement