Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange of Foreign Currency Coins

• 18-05-2016 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hoping this is OK under this forum (banking?)

Is there any forex agency in Ireland that will process foreign coins?

I'm a volunteer for a small but active charity. We recently received what looks to be a large enough donation (maybe €400-500) of mixed currency coins....various North American, Latin American & middle Eastern currencies.

Looking online I can see that we would be able to get these processed if we were in the UK...at a cost certainly, but to us 90% of something is better than 0%. We have the option to courier the coins to the UK, but given that they weigh going on 70 kg, this will be expensive, giving us even less return. We'll do it if it's our only option, but I'm wondering f anyone knows if it's possible to get it done here anywhere?

Advertisement