Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower problems

Options
  • 18-05-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi All
    hopefully some one can help me here, my dad brought a new electric lawnmower today and i put it together for him and he went out to cut the grass, he love the garden and its smal , hes 88 so cant do much but within 10 mins he ran the mower over the power cable !!!!. i put a connector on it till we see what to do, but it still wont run ?. checked fuse, cable for more nick and all ok, what could be the problem, is it completly blown and useless
    regards

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Have you checked the circuit/socket that you had it plugged into that it still has power, may have tripped a mcb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

I have cut the cord on my electric hedge trimmer on two occasions. Anyhow, dont forget to check extension lead and fuse in its plug if one was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

Have you checked the circuit/socket that you had it plugged into that it still has power, may have tripped a mcb.

checked and working fine

Joe1919 wrote: »
    I have cut the cord on my electric hedge trimmer on two occasions. Anyhow, dont forget to check extension lead and fuse in its plug if one was used.
    same thing all checked !!!. cant under stand why it wont work when cable fixed (Temp )

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Check manual as there may be a trip switch on mower itself.

Have you checked wiring is correct and fuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

i lovewine wrote: »
    i put a connector on it till we see what to do, but it still wont run ?

Block connectors on a damaged cable like that is a pretty unsafe thing to do even as a temporary measure.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Block connectors on a damaged cable like that is a pretty unsafe thing to do even as a temporary measure.
    Very true, but needed to test why its not working. why pay to replace a cable and lawnmower still does not work, if it works i will gladly pay a sparks to do a proper job and replace with a bright colered cable for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Remove the connections you put on and put a new plug on the shortened lead and test mower
    This will indicate what side of the cable cut the problem is on

Also check if there's a push connection near the switch on the mower
    Make sure it's pushed home tight

meercat wrote: »
    Remove the connections you put on and put a new plug on the shortened lead and test mower
    This will indicate what side of the cable cut the problem is on

Also check if there's a push connection near the switch on the mower
    Make sure it's pushed home tight
    calling in home later, will check thanks

Advertisement