Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan querie

• 18-05-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Would the credit union give out a holiday loan circa. 1000euro without me needing to provide my bank statements? I had a few hundred in my CU account for a year and in March I topped it up to about 800euro. I have not withdrawn any money for years either. The problem is I gamble online and that can be seen on my bank statements. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask the C.U.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭EIREAROEIRE

they work on history how u deposit and weekly payments with them they are independant buisness dont work with other banks

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

You'll typically have to supply 3 payslips and 3 months bank statements when applying for the loan. The only exception would be if you are taking out a secured loan i.e. if the value of the savings is greater than the value of your loan.

Remember, you won't be able to withdraw any savings you have pledged as security for the loan, until the loan has been repaid

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

I might go for a secured loan - I'd rather not show any bank statements and 3 months worth is a heck of a lot :eek:

Advertisement