Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players to watch this (2016/2017) season

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Berty 3rd in line for pens too, right?

Not sure, he took one at the end of last season anyway.

Tadic, JWP and Austin are probably ahead of him,
    but decent chance of him taking one,
    as Austin rarely finished a game (has completed 90 minutes once since joining),
    Tadic is injured
    and JWP isn't nailed on to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cedric looked more likely to assist today esp in second half. Surprisingly Shineon is being a little harsh I think. Cedrics attacking stats are actually slightly better than Berties this season, and their average position almost identical in most games.

FHFC wrote: »
    Cedric looked more likely to assist today esp in second half. Surprisingly Shineon is being a little harsh I think. Cedrics attacking stats are actually slightly better than Berties this season, and their average position almost identical in most games.

Based purely on the fact that Cedric has only had 2 assists 0 goals since joining the club in summer 2015.

Bertrand has had 3 goals and 8 assists since joining in 2014.

Cedric's general attacking play is good but it doesn't translate into assists, much like Luke Shaw.

This season Bertrand vs. Cedric has been more even admittedly.

Bertrand: 8 games (over 60 mins), 5 clean sheets, 1 assist, 3 Bps.

Cedric: 8 games (over 60 mins) 4 clean sheets, 0 assists, 7 Bps.

The 0.5 price difference makes Cedric a more likely buy for me but if I had spare funds or they were the same price I would get Bertrand every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

shineon23 wrote:
    ...as Austin rarely finished a game (has completed 90 minutes once since joining)

Only once you say. Hmm.

People are saying I'm addicted to Out of position players.

But in my defence I have:
    Alonso
    Brunt
    Cresswell
    Robertson
    and Adam Smith.

shineon23 wrote: »
    People are saying I'm addicted to Out of position players.

But in my defence I have:
    Alonso
    Brunt
    Cresswell
    Robertson
    and Adam Smith.

Looks like Brunt will be dropping into left back position when Nyom goes to afcon. I won't want him if that is the case so I'll be looking to see if Smith is still playing in his current position.

I have Brunt, Alonso and Holebas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like Brunt will be dropping into left back position when Nyom goes to afcon. I won't want him if that is the case so I'll be looking to see if Smith is still playing in his current position.

I have Brunt, Alonso and Holebas.

Smith has got no attacking points since he went into the more advanced position
    It's often the way
    oOP is not always good
    He is an attacking full back. He likes coming into the ball and crossing/shooting
    Receiving ball with back to goal etc may not be suiting him
    I'd be happy for him to stay right back

I'd still prefer to have him. He had 1-2 good chances (from what I saw) from edge of box last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd still prefer to have him. He had 1-2 good chances (from what I saw) from edge of box last night.

Its all about the set pieces with Brunt though.

Plus I agree that full back may suit him better. As part of an advanced midfield 3 he was drifting inside to help crowd the midfield area in the few games I saw. Against Liecester he was way advanced up alongside Rondon but since then he's been in a congested midfield area.

I think playing as full back he could get forward in wide positions more and get more crosses in possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Holgate (Everton) played part of a back 3 yesterday priced at 4.0m could be a good option if he holds onto that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Holgate (Everton) played part of a back 3 yesterday priced at 4.0m could be a good option if he holds onto that place.

I think Koeman will buy a CB in Jan. I was sorely tempted by Funes Mori as my transfer since he's a massive goal threat, but couldn't take the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Peter Crouch? That's 3 goals and 2 assists in 3 games (played 90 in all 3 too)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

From burnley id expect andre gray to hit double figures will more than likely get him id expect him to perform like ings did although he has the potential to do better as I think burnley will have a better team this time round.
    Heaton will definetly be my gk he is a solid keeper and should keep a fair few c.s at home and will be good for save points.
    Michael Keane CB is the only other option Id consider he is a good threat from set pieces he got a few goals last year.
    The great thing about burnley players from an ff perspective is that dyche picks the same team every week never really does rotation.
    They will play a 4 4 2.

Heaton what a season he has had so far. Despite saying he would be my keeper I've only had him for about 6 gws and just sold him in my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Heaton what a season he has had so far. Despite saying he would be my keeper I've only had him for about 6 gws and just sold him in my wildcard.

Will Barton keep his place? Great 5th mid option at 4.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdpRo wrote: »
    Will Barton keep his place? Great 5th mid option at 4.5m.

He only came on today . They also had a few injuries out wide so Hendrick competition for Barton was out wide today. I'd wait and see on it as he also could get a ban for some betting charge he is up on. He was great for them last year although didn't score many goals.

• Advertisement

According to sky sports news Chelsea have contacted Boro over the availability of Adama Traore .

He'd be one to to watch at 4.8m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

According to sky sports news Chelsea have contacted Boro over the availability of Adama Traore .

If he's not producing the goods at Middlesbrough, then I don't see how he will be at Chelsea with all their big name players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Doubt he'd even make the bench at Chelsea. All pace and no brain from what I've seen of him.

If he's not producing the goods at Middlesbrough, then I don't see how he will be at Chelsea with all their big name players.

Weird logic.
    Bit of difference playing with Chelsea and Boro.
    Chelsea on average have more possession, more shots on goal , concede less goals , allow less shots on goal.
    Have better players.
    Putting the ball into Negredo, Ramirez , Stuani and the rest of Boros players is different to putting the ball into Costa, Hazard, Pedro and the likes.

Weird logic.
    Chelsea on average have more possession, more shots on goal , concede less goals , allow less shots on goal.
    Have better players.
    Putting the ball into Negredo, Ramirez , Stuani and the rest of Boros players is different to putting the ball into Costa, Hazard, Pedro and the likes.

He doesn't punt the ball to anyone
    He either runs it out of play or punts it over the bar
    He is like Forrest Gump with a football attached

• Advertisement

Weird logic.
    Have better players.

He will find it very hard to get regular playing time at Chelsea. Sure look what they did with Cuadrado and he's a very good footballer. From what I've seen of him, he has lots of potential but not much end product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Chelsea will probably fire him off on loan to develop him, he is nowhere near good enough to get on that Chelsea squad

siblers wrote: »
    Chelsea will probably fire him off on loan to develop him, he is nowhere near good enough to get on that Chelsea squad

That seems to be the way they do things with their young players yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tom Carrolls move to Swansea could work out well, down to 4.2 and should get a regular game so will a great choice 5th MF if so.

2nd start in a row & 3rd start in last 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lazer Markovic on loan to Hull, they have 4 games coming up which they need to get something from. He was very highly rated before he went to Liverpool.

Harry Maguire is another at 4.2 for the same series of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think they've Man United away and Arsenal in the next 3. Needing to get something is unlikely to come into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    I think they've Man United away and Arsenal in the next 3. Needing to get something is unlikely to come into it.

Gameweek 26 - 31 is the round of games both are worth considering imo, Maguire is 4.2 and has been bombing forward.

Markovic is a decent player and he will deliver.

dahat wrote: »
    Gameweek 26 - 31 is the round of games both are worth considering imo, Maguire is 4.2 and has been bombing forward.

Is Maguire not 4.4?

Davies for Everton. Decent return last three games.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Davies for Everton. Decent return last three games.

They haven't conceded a goal while he's been playing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dahat wrote: »

He is useless. A poor man's Jordon Ibe and he's not someone you'd be rushing to put into your team.

Tom Carroll looked good going forward and got an assist while playing 90min on his Swansea debut. If you're looking for a cheap mid I think he's the better 4.2 option

Gabbiadini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    Gabbiadini
    Yup, he's definitely going to be in my Wildcard team - 2 DGW's to come, and a cheap enabler for the rest of the team.

I think Gabbiadini's scoring run is completely unsustainable. I saw some of his scoring stats in past seasons and he's no better than a Troy Deeney type player. Regression is bound to happen with him.

km79 wrote: »
    Gabbiadini

Yes. GW30 looks a good time for him. Watford(A) next followed by blank GW28 and then GW29 Spurs(A) so no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think Gabbiadini's scoring run is completely unsustainable. I saw some of his scoring stats in past seasons and he's no better than a Troy Deeney type player. Regression is bound to happen with him.
    He scored 4 goals from play in 2016 and already has 5 since joining Southampton

Tbf he was behind Higuain at Napoli and Sarri bought Milik when they sold Higuain so he didn't really get a proper run as a no.9. Don't expect him to get a brace in every game but he will score goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yohan Benalouane
    Leicester Defender 4m

He's only got in the team because of Morgan's injury, but had back to back clean sheets. Search for his name on Twitter and you'll see a lot of Leicester fans raving about him and suggesting that Morgan will have a spot of bother getting his spot back. Morgan is due back this week, so between this week and Champions League next Wednesday we'll get an idea of whether he's likely to hang onto his spot at the back.

• Advertisement

With Ibra out, Lingard now becomes a good cheap option. He linked up very well with Rashers in last league game, playing very advanced too

Advertisement