Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkinstown

Options
  • 19-05-2016 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi looking at a house on John McCormack Avenue, anyone familiar with this road? Is it a nice area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Yes, it is a very nice area!

I love living in Walkinstown - there is a lovely sense of community that I never thought would be important to me. It's also near so many handy things and has great access. See for yourself, walk around the Bunting Road area one day (preferably a sunny one) and you should get a sense of it.

I live on Cherryfield Road - just across Comwellsfort Road from John McCormack Avenue. I walk my Dog up around there sometimes and there is a very nice feel about those roads and Bunting Park. You're also pretty close the the Walkinstown Library.

Amenities are pretty good - there is good stuff in the Ashleaf but loads of other little shops, banks, pharmacies, barbers, hairdressers etc. scattered about the place. There are also a surprising amount of useful and interesting things in the Ballymount Industrial estate.

Bus access is great. 27 and 77A are very regular and get into town pretty quick. The 9 is handy if you need to be down the Camden Street end of the city. If you're driving the routes are pretty direct to most parts of the city and it's very easy to swing on to the M50.

We don't have any kids, but there are a tonnes of schools near by and from the local banter they seem to be pretty decent schools too. If it's important to you there have been discussions about an Educate Together school opening nearby but that's still up in the air.

Advertisement