Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Creameries low fat milk.

Options
  • 19-05-2016 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone bought this recently she got a very mouldy taste from it. I bought two cartons last week and both of them tasted vile (not sour) a real mouldy bad taste. Dumped both and email them to let them know they may have a contamination problem, heard nothing back. Bought another carton today ( the first since last week) and it's the same, not as bad as last wee but a definite mouldy contaminated taste that is easily detected in strong coffee. I emailed them again and invited them to send someone round to collect the milk and test ut themselves.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Had a problem once and Donegal Creameries came round very promptly. Turned it it was due to some very strong cheese stored in the fridge.:o
    They were very nice about it, even though it wasn't their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont forget that due to the very cold weather right up to the end of April the cattle spent longer in the sheds. When they are put out to pasture there is always a difference in the taste of the milk for several weeks due to the difference in what they have been fed over the winter as opposed to fresh spring grass these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

echo beach wrote: »
    Had a problem once and Donegal Creameries came round very promptly. Turned it it was due to some very strong cheese stored in the fridge.:o
    They were very nice about it, even though it wasn't their fault.

These were both new sealed cartons straight from the shop and on both occasions opened as soon as i came into the house.

Muffler: I seriously doubt that it could be down to the cattle winter feed, its tastes vile!

Advertisement