Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry Map Wrong

Options
  • 19-05-2016 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm (attempting) to buy a house at the moment, our solicitor noticed during the conveyancing that the map on the land registry was incorrect. It is a new estate built in the last few years.

It seems like the map in the land registry for the estate was an older version and that there were some small changes made to the layout of the houses.

Has anybody ever experienced this kind of issue before and did it cause problems / take long to resolve?

For reference the house we are looking to buy is marked red here, the physical boundaries are the grey lines. As you can see we aren't the only house on this row affected.

DLR8LBR.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Had an issue along these lines. In a year and it's still not resolved.

Be guided by your solicitor and mortgage provider. It could be very easily fixed if everyone plays ball. The problem is if it's a private vendor rather than a developer they're likely to be clueless and hold everything up as it's not cheap to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Did you go ahead and buy despite it not being fixed Mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Did you go ahead and buy despite it not being fixed Mark?

I did but my situation was quite specific.

-The house was (IMO) undervalued
    -I'm (semi) in the legal profession
    -The issue did not impinge on the structure of the house. It only created an issue for side access (Semi-detached)

We went through various iterations of 'it'll be fixed easily' to 'it might take sometime' to 'dunno how we can fix this' in the end I instructed the solicitor to go ahead with possessory title only after the valuer had said it wouldn't affect value much.

Vendor's solicitor was either very canny or completely useless I still don;t know which.

Interesting. Hoping it's an easily fixed mapping error made by the land registry as the boundaries are conclusive on the ground with it being a new estate and all the other houses in it (circa 60) are mapped correctly other than this group of 4/5 (Just our luck!)

4 weeks later and it's now sorted :)

The map of the estate provided to the land registry was slightly off so a quick fix in the end!

• Advertisement
Advertisement