Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringing from Australia

Options
  • 19-05-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Have a cc issue that we need to get sorted, been on the phone for over 30mins waiting for a 'customer service representative'. This is costing us a fortune, do you have a number for international queries??

BTW the initial announcement stated 10min wait, its been 32 mins already, also the wait music is freaking awful!!..Its almost like you dont want to talk to your customers.

Rgds

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Xennon wrote: »
    Have a cc issue that we need to get sorted, been on the phone for over 30mins waiting for a 'customer service representative'. This is costing us a fortune, do you have a number for international queries??

BTW the initial announcement stated 10min wait, its been 32 mins already, also the wait music is freaking awful!!..Its almost like you dont want to talk to your customers.

Rgds

Dave
    Hi Dave, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear you experienced a long wait time while looking to speak with a representative. Please be assured that a representative will be with you as soon as possible. Just to mention, it's possible to send your query on 365 Online if you have added your Credit Card to view on 365 Online. Just select the Online Service Desk and then the Ask a Question option and a representative with account access will be able to assist you. If you have a general query we will also be happy to help you here. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Its not a general query Sarah, BOI have blocked our card in Ireland because we told them we were going to Aus, we didnt request you block it in Ireland, we just told you we were going to Aus.

And now this is a pain in the ass and an expense to sort out.

Again we will try ringing.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Its not a general query Sarah, BOI have blocked our card in Ireland because we told them we were going to Aus, we didnt request you block it in Ireland, we just told you we were going to Aus.

And now this is a pain in the ass and an expense to sort out.

Again we will try ringing.

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a difficulty using your card abroad. If you’d like to contact one of my colleagues in the Credit Card team on 00353567757303 they will be happy to look into for you.

Reps are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, Saturday from 8am to 6pm and on Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
    If there is anything else we can help you with here Dave please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a safe trip.

Thanks

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Yeah wont be doing that as that was the number we were calling, and we've already wasted over 2 hrs on that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I rang Bank of Ireland recently & I was at least 15 minutes holding on.  It was only a general query.  Press this, press that!! and the musis.  I could have got into my car & in to my local branch for the length of time I was holding on.  Then they have the cheek to ring my mobile during working hours to discuss better SAVINGS.  Its not possible to discuss my bank account while I work in an open office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Yeah wont be doing that as that was the number we were calling, and we've already wasted over 2 hrs on that line.

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing delays whilst calling our Credit card department.

If you have not yet spoke with a representative from our Credit card team you can send us a private message here including your full name and contact number and we can request a member of the team call you back.

You can send a private message by clicking the link below in my signature.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

hillbloom wrote: »
    I rang Bank of Ireland recently & I was at least 15 minutes holding on.  It was only a general query.  Press this, press that!! and the musis.  I could have got into my car & in to my local branch for the length of time I was holding on.  Then they have the cheek to ring my mobile during working hours to discuss better SAVINGS.  Its not possible to discuss my bank account while I work in an open office.Hi hillbloom,

Hi hillbloom, 

Thanks for post here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear you experienced delays calling Bank of Ireland.

If you have a general query we’d be happy to assist you here.

Thanks,
    Tara C

Advertisement