Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room in Dublin for a night a week?

Options
  • 19-05-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

So myself and himself do a pretty savage daily commute to the city, and we were contemplating the idea of renting a room for just one night a week to break up the hours spent on the train! Is this even a possibility?

I don't know where to even start to look - surely there must be people with 2 beds who would be happy to have a bit of extra cash without us being there 7 nights a week?

I don't think that Airbnb is the way to go - something of a more permanent arrangement.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

So myself and himself do a pretty savage daily commute to the city, and we were contemplating the idea of renting a room for just one night a week to break up the hours spent on the train! Is this even a possibility?

I don't know where to even start to look - surely there must be people with 2 beds who would be happy to have a bit of extra cash without us being there 7 nights a week?

I don't think that Airbnb is the way to go - something of a more permanent arrangement.

Thanks in advance :)

There's a roommate search on daft, I presume you could just put up an ad and see who bites. I'm sure there are people who would liek the extra cash but don't want full time tenants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I have a friend who does Airbnb for a spare room in their house.
    They have one person who stays weekly for a night or two.
    That person originally came to them as an Airbnb customer, but after a month or so, they just made it a private arrangement and left Airbnb out of the equation.

Basically I'm saying Airbnb might be a good place to start, try a few places and once you find somewhere you like that works, try to set up a private arrangement.

People doing rent a room in their own home would be the best bet for this though one night a week might not be worth their while giving up a room. Monday to Friday renters are what people often look for in this scenario where they have the house to themselves for weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭yqtwqxqm

If you say what your budget is and you preferred location is here then someone might make you an offer.
    I dont have a place in the location you are probably looking for , but I have a couple similar to yourself that came to me from Airbnb some time ago. They now just pay me 3 months in advance to take the place one day a week. Im flexible enough that they can change the days they stay whenever they want too if i havent got a booking for the other night. We are both very happy with the arrangement, so i dont see a problem with you getting an arrangement like that at all in Dublin.

You might also get someone who has just a spare room to rent. If you dont need the kitchen etc, that might suit you better and wouldnt be that expensive. You might get someone who lets you leave some of your stuff over too, so you dont have to cart it around every time you travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ASoberThought

Definitely airbnb initially.
    I've secured long term room rentals by going in as an airbnb customer at first. Many hosts would be up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Try here they can be reasonable and a great location http://m.bookassist.com/graftonguesthouse?_ga=1.2687991.692023251.1402660941

Whereabouts are you looking for the room OP?
    What kind of price do you have in mind?

I was only discussing this type of thing with a friend of mine last week, she has a 3 bed house to herself & would definitely be willing to rent a room in this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Airbnb

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

What about an ordinary B & B, then you could change the nights you wanted to stay etc. During the week you might get a good rate for a room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Id just go onto trivago and book a cheap convenient hotel or B&B...

Advertisement