Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drimnagh, Crumlin, Walkinstown & Kingswood

Options
  • 19-05-2016 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi there,

As some of you may have read on my last post, we're currently going through the motions to get a mortgage.

So, while that is still outstanding, we have been researching what our potential budget of 260k-280k will get us.

We're looking at 2-3 Bedroom houses in the aforementioned areas - does anyone have any advice? Are any of these areas entirely no-gos?

Any other areas we should be looking at? South-ish of the city due to work and family.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Drimnagh is a decent area - def a good one location wise for the city centre as the luas is right there. Lot of terraced houses mainly so if you are looking for a semi detached you might be waiting a while.

Walkinstown is a nice area with plenty of bus routes and decent size houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭secman

Across from Kingswood . There's Kilnamanagh ,also on luas line. Have lived there since 1981... no issues. Currently going for around 250/260 ish.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Walkinstown is nice, would go Kingswood next, then Crumlin then Drimnagh

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Valerie2015

I've been looking at buying in Drimnagh and I've been outbid in the last few weeks... houses seem to be going for up to 20k over the asking price. Is this joust and end of year thing or should I be worried? Are the prices too high? some houses have more than doubled in value in 4 years. I know they were deflated, but anything he know what they went up to in the boom? I'm talking 2 bed terraced on good nick or kitchen and bathroom up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Currently live in Drimnagh myself, quiet enough area at night to be honest, same as Crumlin.
    Obviously ya get the few hooligans hanging around but thats everywere.
    Kingswood is quite nice as well.
    Walkinstown I would not recommend while the houses are nice and all and the area, its a feckin nightmare for traffic. So if your driving and its one of them decider things for you thats not the place to go.

Crumlin and Drimnagh have great public transport as well, hospitals close (st james, Our ladys) schools very close. Plenty of after school activitys as well if you have kids. Parks and AstroTurf in Pearse park if you want to use it.
    I can't really comment to much on Kingswood as I only know a mate who lives their but I would live their its very nice and again has decent public transport.
    I just find walkinstown a mess when it comes to traffic probably mostly caused by that poxy roundabout that I have to go through everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from Accommodation and Property. Dublin city forum charter applies

Advertisement