Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sounds like a con to me

Options
  • 19-05-2016 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

So this guy knocks on the door and asks if he can lop the trees along my wall for eir as they are replacing the cables for broadband purposes, the current cables would be ancient. I gave my permission then decided to contact eir to enquire as to when bb would be available, I told them I do not want a phone package, just broadband. they told me first I must sign up for a phone package (I am sure that involves a min. contract) then and only then will they be able to test and see if bb is available, I know it isn't at the minute  but for you to confirm that to me and then provide a possible date I must commit to a phone contract?  yet eir does offer bb only packages. so why the hard sell and wrong information? typing this and I am thinking why would I bother if that is how I am treated as a potential customer, I wouldn't hold much hope as a confirmed customer. I should of refused them permission to lop. your sales chat team need an upgrade, quicker than the lines around here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

So this guy knocks on the door and asks if he can lop the trees along my wall for eir as they are replacing the cables for broadband purposes, the current cables would be ancient. I gave my permission then decided to contact eir to enquire as to when bb would be available, I told them I do not want a phone package, just broadband. they told me first I must sign up for a phone package (I am sure that involves a min. contract) then and only then will they be able to test and see if bb is available, I know it isn't at the minute  but for you to confirm that to me and then provide a possible date I must commit to a phone contract?  yet eir does offer bb only packages. so why the hard sell and wrong information? typing this and I am thinking why would I bother if that is how I am treated as a potential customer, I wouldn't hold much hope as a confirmed customer. I should of refused them permission to lop. your sales chat team need an upgrade, quicker than the lines around here.
    Hi readytosnap,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Unfortunately in some cases we will not be able to advise weather broadband is available in the home as we would need an active line to test. In cases of customers requesting a line for a broadband service only if the line is not capable of broadband we will arrange to have the account cancelled with any early cease charges. You would need to advise at point of sale that your line is intended for broadband use only and we will have this logged on your order.

Have you checked your address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/?

-Pamela 

Advertisement