Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tampered with Passport, now being investigated

Options
  • 19-05-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

17 years old here so of course i want to go to the club with my mates from time to time. so i decided to change the dating of my passport to 18 years so i could get in and it's worked. My problem is that I used to the same passport to apply for my driving license without realizing until after the fact. So now my falsified passport has been identified and I might be in a whole heap of ****. I've read up on some of the charges and it's given me little hope that it'll all blow over. I'm now being investigated for this so I kinda have no idea what to do right now.

Any idea guys?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Contact a solicitor, they'll give you a brief over the phone consultation, usually for free. Then hold on and try to forget it until something happens. If you're arrested/invite and brought to a garda station (IIRC) at 17 you don't have a right to have a parent present.

Make sure you DON'T SAY ANYTHING without having spoken to a solicitor first. They will advise further.

Silly sausage - passports are not for tampering with or proving your age, learn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You should have tampered with a different type of ID for the club.

Solid advice by the poster above.

519ePr2cgkL._SX300_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'm looking at the Passport Act 2008 - is that the correct and only source of law here?

EDIT: OP don't be overly concerned Judges/Garda know a 17 year old doesn't have the sense they were born with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I would be curious to see what the result and method of your tampering was on a modern passport to be sufficent to get you in to a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would guess that you probably get a massive lecture. I assume.you had the correct date of birth on the forms you submitted. They will most likely see you as a stupid idiot but not a criminal. The worse I guess will probably be that it will take your passport renew longer than most people as it will go through extra checks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement