Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting for Cancer

Options
  • 19-05-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

A certain group are knocking on doors in the Castlebar area collecting for Cancer , they're teenagers and normally go around in groups of four , they have no paperwork or anything , my other half (the soft eijit) gave one of them €3 at the door a few weeks back and today their around again .

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just "Lucky" , I can't name the group as the world has gone P.C mad but I'm sure you can guess.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    A certain group are knocking on doors in the Castlebar area collecting for Cancer , they're teenagers and normally go around in groups of four , they have no paperwork or anything , my other half (the soft eijit) gave one of them €3 at the door a few weeks back and today their around again .

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just "Lucky" , I can't name the group as the world has gone P.C mad but I'm sure you can guess.

Interestingly the same "Group" had a lad outside Aldi at around 8pm on a Friday night. I rang the guards and told them as there was no permit or ID displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

yop wrote: »
    Interestingly the same "Group" had a lad outside Aldi at around 8pm on a Friday night. I rang the guards and told them as there was no permit or ID displayed.

Delighted to hear that , I wish I had have been quicker off the mark and done something similar, it's a disgrace , how low can some people go .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Saw a lot of them around on Wednesday afternoon, outside all the Supermarkets and some on Main Street, all seemed to be of secondary school age and in yellow t-shirts, must of been about 20 of them in all.

Advertisement