Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what schools are asti and what are tui

Options
  • 19-05-2016 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I'm a parent and I'd like to know what unions predominate in my local schools is this info avalable on the internet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

By and large (its not always the case) ETB schools and community schools are TUI. Secondary schools are ASTI. Places where schools merged in the past etc can have discrepancies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As above, plus, some ex-voluntary secondary schools (with ASTI members) have recently moved under the auspices of the local ETB.

I'm not clear whether the ASTI then arrange negotiating rights with the local ETB, perhaps someone in a recent merger can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

By and large (its not always the case) ETB schools and community schools are TUI. Secondary schools are ASTI. Places where schools merged in the past etc can have discrepancies

Community schools are actually a mix of both unions in each of the schools, as most were created by amalgamation of old vocational /VEC schools with secondary schools. There are also some community colleges now under the control of etb's that were formed through amalgamation and therefore would be a dual union school.

Advertisement