Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning products with chain reaction cycles

• 19-05-2016 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,.
    Recently bought a 100mm stem for my bike but only having fitted it realised a 90mm is more what I'm after.

Still have all original packaging etc for it, only arrived during the week. Anyone any experience returning stuff to chain reaction? Will they let me swap for a 90mm stem?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

You can return within 14 days of receiving it under eu law

http://www.eccireland.ie/popular-consumer-topics/shopping-online/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dunworth1 wrote: »
    You can return within 14 days of receiving it under eu law

http://www.eccireland.ie/popular-consumer-topics/shopping-online/

not if its been used.

godtabh wrote:
    not if its been used.

It would be reasonable for someone to open and try it out and then wish to return it.

As long as it's not damaged and you can package in back in the original packaging there should be no issue with returning it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It would be reasonable for someone to open and try it out and then wish to return it.

As long as it's not damaged and you can package in back in the original packaging there should be no issue with returning it.

Its not. the 14 day rule always for a period of changing mind not to try something out only to figure it isnt what you wanted.

CRC might accommodate you but I dont think they have too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I bought a rain jacket in store in Belfast but in the end it turned out to be a size too big. No problems, I rang them up, explained what happened and I posted the jacket back and they sent the correct sized one back down by return post and at no additional cost. Very hard to beat that. +1 for CRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Their return service is excellent and free (download the label to attach to the package and bring it along to any post office and its sent back free of charge) You can either get a refund or get a different size, no problem so long as the item your returning is in saleable condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Yeah the stem is as new and had all the original packaging and bits. All I can do is send it back and hope for the best! Thanks for the replies.

godtabh wrote:
    Its not. the 14 day rule always for a period of changing mind not to try something out only to figure it isnt what you wanted.

Can you provide me with details of this?

As valve had to start a return policy recently due to the eu law for games and people can actually try out the games and then get a refund

Can you provide me with details of this?

As valve had to start a return policy recently due to the eu law for games and people can actually try out the games and then get a refund

Are you sure about valve? Maybe its their own policy

From http://www.citizensinformation.ie/
    Cancellation will not be accepted in certain cases including where:

The provision of services have already begun with your agreement
    The price of the goods or services is dependent upon financial market fluctuations that are beyond the trader's control
    The goods cannot be returned because they were made according to your specifications or were personalised for you
    The goods are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
    The goods seals have been broken by you and cannot be returned for health protection and hygiene reasons
    The goods are audio/video tapes or computer software whose seals have been broken by you
    The goods are newspapers or magazines
    The goods were purchased at a public auction

LpPepper wrote: »
    Yeah the stem is as new and had all the original packaging and bits. All I can do is send it back and hope for the best! Thanks for the replies.

You don't need to hope. When you go the returns page on CRC you opt for an exchange and give details of what you want rather than a refund. It's no big deal and won't be refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭benneca1

You don't need to hope. When you go the returns page on CRC you opt for an exchange and give details of what you want rather than a refund. It's no big deal and won't be refused.

I second that returned loads of things never a problem and free. If I recall right you have a year to do so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I had slight issues the only tinge I returned something. I sent the thing off in the free an post thingy, heard nothing for two weeks, emailed and emailed, it was suddenly found. They said they didn't have another size in the item and said they'd refund me. Then they said they did and it was on the way. Another week and a half (100% of things I've ordered from them have been here within two days), emailed, then it was here.
    I think they just forgot about it to be honest, I'm guessing it's not representative of their usual service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭benneca1

[font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]Here is a mail from CRC about a return I posted on Wednesday. Not bad service I think.[/font]

[font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]We have received your returned item safe and sound and have processed your refund as requested. (The amount refunded will reflect any promotional discounts used during shopping.)[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]Your refund will take between 3-5 working days to reach your account or up to 10 working days if the account is outside of the UK. If you paid by PayPal, the funds will be back in your PayPal account within the next few days.[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]If you have any further returns queries check out our online Customer Support:[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Help.aspx?HelpTopicID=10[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]If you need any more help with this return please reply to this email with your Order/Web reference number and we will get back to you.[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]Thanks for shopping with Chain Reaction Cycles and we hope to see you again soon.[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]We would really appreciate your feedback by clicking on one of the options below. Overall, how satisfied were you with the process of returning your purchase to Chain Reaction Cycles?[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]Very Satisfied
    Fairly Satisfied
    Dissatisfied
    Very Dissatisfied[/font]

[font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Segoe UI","sans-serif]Gary[/font]

Funny I returned a stem a few weeks ago and heard absolutely nothing, no email confirmation of having received the item or processing the refund but the money was back in my account within a week. Cant fault the service especially as its free because when you consider it, they pay outwards and return postage and in the cases where refunds are requested theyre out all postage costs with no income from a sale.

Advertisement