Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising Gates help

Options
  • 19-05-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi I am planning on putting gates up to open into my driveway which is sloped without having a big gap under gates , opening gates outward is not an option , just wondering anyone know or have done this ??? Any special brackets needed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Thekeencyclist

richievo7 wrote: »
    Hi I am planning on putting gates up to open into my driveway which is sloped without having a big gap under gates , opening gates outward is not an option , just wondering anyone know or have done this ??? Any special brackets needed ?

You could have a rise from outer gate edge to the other side of gate, this way the gate would follow the ground when open but when closed there would be a slight gap at center of gates when closed. I made my own gates this way but it all depends on how severe of a slope u are talking about....

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

If it's a steep slope, a wheel on each side of the gate below where they meet in the centre, then use band and gudgeon hinges (I had to google the name, may be called something different here, they're easy to find). As the gate opens the wheels will allow the gates to move up the hinges.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 richievo7

drag0n79 wrote:
    If it's a steep slope, a wheel on each side of the gate below where they meet in the centre, then use band and gudgeon hinges (I had to google the name, may be called something different here, they're easy to find). As the gate opens the wheels will allow the gates to move up the hinges.

Yeah it's pretty steep , I Google band and gudgeon they have a few different hinges what one did you use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Yeah it's pretty steep , I Google band and gudgeon they have a few different hinges what one did you use ?

These are the kind to use (mine were made by a friend) https://fingalfencing.ie/index.php/fencing-accessories/hinges/hook-band-hinges.html

The steeper the slope, the longer the hook part needs to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement