Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent!!! Paramedics!!

Options
  • 19-05-2016 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello! I'm just wondering I have a friend who is and has applied for the paramedic course in Ul for September 2016. He has everything filled but has been fined with 3 penalty point just in the last few days. It says he needs a clean b and c1 licence? Is there any way he can still continue to do the course ? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What was 2 points for? Speeding is normally 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deirdre1995

What was 2 points for? Speeding is normally 2.

He got 3 points for speeding :/

M

Yes my mistake. I can't see it being an issue but when you get to 6 it would be. They are not going to offer the job to someone with 6 given that if they got 12 they are off the road and so can't do that job.

Yes my mistake. I can't see it being an issue but when you get to 6 it would be. They are not going to offer the job to someone with 6 given that if they got 12 they are off the road and so can't do that job.

Yeah it's just it's a 4 year degree training course and it says they need a clean licence ?:/

M

Yeah it's just it's a 4 year degree training course and it says they need a clean licence ?:/

The points would be off in 2 years, clean usually means no serious convictions.

• Advertisement

The points would be off in 2 years, clean usually means no serious convictions.

And would panel ty points be regarded as a serious conviction? Sorry about all the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Speeding is 3 points, and the points last for 3 years. It'll take a month or two for them to be applied, presuming s/he pays the fine.

Why on earth is this thread in here though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Bit ironic, someone with such disregard for people's safety looking to become a paramedic, n'est pas?

Bit ironic, someone with such disregard for people's safety looking to become a paramedic, n'est pas?

C'est pas. Speeding in certain circumstances isn't just not unsafe but can actually be more sensible than the limit.

3 lane dual carriageway, 80 in a 60 was the only time I ever got points. A reasonable speed for the conditions.

Not to mention the fact that the Co. Council actually put up 3 new signs to try and get around my complaint that the limit wasn't properly posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

sdanseo wrote: »
    C'est pas. Speeding in certain circumstances isn't just not unsafe but can actually be more sensible than the limit.

3 lane dual carriageway, 80 in a 60 was the only time I ever got points. A reasonable speed for the conditions.

Not to mention the fact that the Co. Council actually put up 3 new signs to try and get around my complaint that the limit wasn't properly posted.

What dual carriageway is 60? I know chapelizod bypass on n4 was reduced to 60 temporarily. Thank god someone saw the idiocy in that!

• Advertisement

OttoPilot wrote: »
    What dual carriageway is 60? I know chapelizod bypass on n4 was reduced to 60 temporarily. Thank god someone saw the idiocy in that!

Old N81 at the Spawell

Advertisement