Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon Belfast?

• 19-05-2016 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

Heading up to Belfast soon and wondering if it's worth visiting this place? Is it all cheap and cheerful stuff or good quality too? I'm on the lookout for some good value shorts (if decent quality) and maybe a new helmet. Has anyone been in the recent past and can tell me what it's like? I know CRC have a store up there somewhere too.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Well worth a vist and good mix of quality as well as cheap gear.
    CRC on the Boucher road and well worth a vist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

If you're heading to CRC may as well call into Slane cycles as well. Not far away and good spot as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Decathalon top end shorts (as worn by FDJ) are very good, I have a few of them and the match top brands if not better them.

Good value too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

miller_63 wrote: »
    Decathalon top end shorts (as worn by FDJ) are very good, I have a few of them and the match top brands if not better them.

Good value too...

you may need to size up with them, I'm normally a M in most brands, tried on the AeroFit Shorts in spain and the XL was too small. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

Decathlon is great.

All their stuff is middle-market quality at entry-level prices.
    They don't really do "pro" gear, but it's all decent, solid stuff that's good enough for 90% of the people here and an absolute godsend for a beginner.

With the more popular stuff, like cycling, they have a few different spec. ranges (slightly above and slightly below middle-market).

They'll be doing sales on winter gear at the moment, so it'll be a great chance to pick up that stuff super, super cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Another definite yes to Decathlon Belfast. And for CRC Belfast. Worth doing both on the visit.

In Decathlon I find it is also worth checking out the running and hiking sections for things like base layers. Also be sure not to miss the end of lines areas which are often at the end of the aisles - they often throw up amazing bargains.

CRC, on the other hand, for anything high quality is best. Great for lights, for example, in the Autumn. Amazing range of goods.

Advertisement