Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HISTORY- how much is enough?

Options
  • 19-05-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi!
    I thought I'd chance my arm here, I'd be really really grateful if someone could please give me a hand. I'm doing Leaving Cert History(less than a month to go) and I'm really starting to panic. This is the only subject that I feel will let me down :/

I just find the course so overwhelming and I'm fed up getting C1's (despite working my bum off), I'd be delighted to push it up to at least a B. I'm hoping my RSR project will work to my advantage as I did extra work on it following the mocks and had it corrected by a few different people, continuing to correct it till I got in the 90%'s.

I've been asking my teacher(who has hardly turned up for class over the past two years) for guidance consistently , which he has failed to provide by dodging my question again and again, How much is adequate information for the Leaving cert history exam?
    I've read through the syllabus(broadest thing going) and searched online, but there doesn't seem to be much around. I've also looked at the papers, but I'm still worried.

The three topics that I'm studying are:
    >The Pursuit of Soveirgnity and the Impact of Partition
    >Government, Economy and Society in the ROI
    >USA and the World

I'm not looking for predictions, just purely how much information is enough is enough for me to have walking into the exam centre in June. Is it enough to know all 12 case studies inside out and upside down and a key personality or two per section?
    Any help would be fantastic,
    Thanks so much!!

Advertisement