Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Why would you be selling the Ioniq?? lol

Did you not take out finance on it, you cant sell a car that is financed afaik

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You can sell a car on finance so long as you can cover the outstanding finance. I think you have to get agreement from the finance company.

For instance we bought our Ioniq on PCP for 26k in Jan '17 (with scrappage) by my reckoning there should be around 9k left on the loan, plus the GMFV which was 8k at the time.
    So long as I give the finance company 17k (possibly there will be a penalty for the missed interest as well) then anything extra is mine.
    If I was to sell for 25k, I'd clear my finance and have 8k left over, though we would be down the '07 Grande Punto we first traded.

Not bad for owning a new car for 20 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've owned a new car for 16 months and 20k km and I reckon it has cost me not much more than €50 per month total cost of ownership. Depreciation, opportunity cost of money / interest, maintenance, fuel, motor tax, insurance :D

Edit - forgot the tolls, but these are 75% discounted these days for EVs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

unkel wrote: »
    Edit - forgot the tolls, but these are 75% discounted these days for EVs

Note typically the discount is only 50% on most tolls. It is only 75% on the M50, only before 7am, between 10am and 4pm and after 7pm. You also need a tag which has a minimum charge of 6 euro per year, or typically 12 euro per year depending on which provider you get the tag from

http://www.tagcompare.ie/electric-vehicle-toll-inc/

http://www.tagcompare.ie

I am on target to save 400 euro on tolls, per year, (capped at 500) but I will also be spending 406 euro on tolls, given discount and fees.

zg3409 wrote: »
    It is only 75% on the M50, only before 7am, between 10am and 4pm and after 7pm.

And don't forget it's off peak to any Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday

I don't commute through the M50 toll, but still use it very regularly (up to about 6-8 times a week, almost all of it off peak) so it saves me a couple of hundred quid per year. Better than a kick in the eye :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I can't believe this person....every few days they are dropping a few k off the price.....

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2015-152-volkswagen-golf-electri-dublin-fpa-201808019019269

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I can't believe this person....every few days they are dropping a few k off the price.....

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2015-152-volkswagen-golf-electri-dublin-fpa-201808019019269

Carzone gets very few views. What size battery and what sort of range is normal for that car?

Still not particularly cheap in my book. A private sale 162 L30, so a year younger with a higher range, would sell for less

EPA (realistic) range of 152 eGolf is 135km, 162 L30 is 172km

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's at the mark now where you could conceivably take it to England and make a profit, something is odd about that car, or they are being forced into a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

liamog wrote: »
    It's at the mark now where you could conceivably take it to England and make a profit, something is odd about that car, or they are being forced into a sale.

I'm nearly getting interested myself!

• Advertisement

Still not particularly cheap in my book. A private sale 162 L30, so a year younger with a higher range, would sell for less

EPA (realistic) range of 152 eGolf is 135km, 162 L30 is 172km

No idea how many KM a 30kWh Leaf does but the eGolf will easily do more than 135km...

I do 135km on a bad day. Try turning on Eco or Eco+ mode and you will do a lot more.....

Also you don't have to drive a Leaf....there is no comparison.....even go see it at night and turn on the lights :-)

zg3409 wrote: »
    Carzone gets very few views. What size battery and what sort of range is normal for that car?

26kWh battery.

I think range was put at 190km

I get 120-140km at worst....drive in Limerick does 170km no problem....

liamog wrote: »

Fairly Similar UK version at 20k UKP

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808079219317?postcode=bt797df&sort=price-asc&model=GOLF&fuel-type=Electric&advertising-location=at_cars&make=VOLKSWAGEN&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

26kWh battery.

I think range was put at 190km

I get 120-140km at worst....drive in Limerick does 170km no problem....

Why does a 26kW battery get so much more than a L24? Is the golf's full 26 available?

I'd say I get 70miles out of my l24, so that's about 115km

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why does a 26kW battery get so much more than a L24? Is the golf's full 26 available?

I'd say I get 70miles out of my l24, so that's about 115km

Same reason an eGolf 36kWh gets better distance to Leaf 40

The battery for one in the eGolf is a lot better.

I don't know enough about the details. You could check on eGolf facebook page

[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }[/COLOR]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Same reason an eGolf 36kWh gets better distance to Leaf 40

The battery for one in the eGolf is a lot better.

I don't know enough about the details. You could check on eGolf facebook page

[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }[/COLOR]

Does thi sseem good value? 2018

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809220758627?postcode=gu179lt&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=GOLF&year-from=2017&fuel-type=Electric&sort=price-asc&page=1

You'd land that for under €28k

I've no doubt it will keep its value better in this country than a similar money demo 2018 Leaf 40kWh

Exception value.....2017 is 28k.....

why no pictures

I'd say it's just received, and not ready yet,

You'd land that for under €28k

Oops. From Belfast. So you'd land it for the price of a one way bus ticket up North so. Get your GBP at the interbank rate with the likes of Revolut / N26 and we are talking just €27,500 minus maybe a few hundred GBP discount negotiated off...

• Advertisement

The demo 2017 eGolf in Liffey Valley, they want 32k for it. They pulled it back down because I guess again they sold the replacement for it.....

If you get a 2018 over here fro 28k you are sorted. At least 1 or maybe even 2 years depreciation protected against.....

That is final version of eGolf so will hold its value. Some people trying to keep them because they expect they could become collector items in years to come

If you get a 2018 over here fro 28k you are sorted. At least 1 or maybe even 2 years depreciation protected against.....

I wouldn't go that far. 32k for an almost 2 year old eGolf is just absurd. It's not the norm of what it is worth. Maybe some fool will pay that for it, but that's another story :p

I wouldn't go that far. 32k for an almost 2 year old eGolf is just absurd. It's not the norm of what it is worth. Maybe some fool will pay that for it, but that's another story :p

VW are saying circa 4k per year depreciation which is what they would quote on a combustion engine Golf. They don't count any extra you paid for gadgets...... so if you paid 40k it will still be 36-4 after first year :p

VW are saying circa 4k per year depreciation which is what they would quote on a combustion engine Golf. They don't count any extra you paid for gadgets...... so if you paid 40k it will still be 36-4 after first year :p

I called today, it's their demo, awaiting pics n video

That Belfast car is less than 6 months and less than 6000km though.

Doesn't this bring complications re: vat?

If I could sell my eGolf and buy it I would make it work :-)

Eh?

8k miles and probably and do you know something about the date of first registration, that we don't?

I was wondering that myself as I see no date of registration.....

Eh?

8k miles and registered February 2018. Reg: IGZ9078

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

Age? Yeah. No way of getting around the date of sale.

Mileage? Not an issue if you’re willing to make some long journies in the month before registration.

Edit: oops. Didn’t see the post above.

• Advertisement

Eh?

8k miles and registered February 2018. Reg: IGZ9078

Sorry, read the advert wrong!

Yip, I thought it had 752 miles.

Advertisement