Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

I have a 20amp coil type 2 cable (5meters) for sale if anybody is interested.

It is a MENNEKES A0005832198 cable.

Same as this cable

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-MERCEDES-BENZ-C-CLASS-HYBRID-PORTABLE-CHARGER-CABLE-MENNEKES-A0005832198/223004841059?hash=item33ec1fd463:g:79gAAOSwcfdbFT37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

zoom_cool wrote: »
    I have a 20amp coil type 2 cable (5meters) for sale if anybody is interested.

It is a MENNEKES A0005832198 cable.

Same as this cable

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-MERCEDES-BENZ-C-CLASS-HYBRID-PORTABLE-CHARGER-CABLE-MENNEKES-A0005832198/223004841059?hash=item33ec1fd463:g:79gAAOSwcfdbFT37

How much

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

I would take €95 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Leaf-E-TEKNA-SVE-5DR-ELECTRIC-6.6kw/201811052139444

Haven't sold a car privately before, hints welcome.

How do you protect yourself against someone turning up to buy and then just driving it away, or smashing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How do you protect yourself against someone turning up to buy and then just driving it away, or smashing it?

You don't. The unwritten rule is you crash it, you buy it. A gentleman would stick to that.

Best of luck with the sale!

• Advertisement

https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Leaf-E-TEKNA-SVE-5DR-ELECTRIC-6.6kw/201811052139444

You don't let them off in car anymore without going with them......I used to spin around in cars years ago on my own but not anymore....

Make sure you dont put in any of the documentation into car. Keep it seperate...

Personally next time I think I will warn the driver not to crash, then when he goes to take off, whip out a shot gun, just sit in back seat slowly rubbing it with a piece of cloth....say nothing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

Can't comment on price and description. Location Donegal might put off some people in particularly of very north Donegal. If you offer delivery service they might reconsider.

I find other websites such as donedeal much better for ordinary car buyers. I normally put car in 4 or 5 sites including free sites like Gumtree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

Can't comment on price and description. Location Donegal might put off some people in particularly of very north Donegal. If you offer delivery service they might reconsider.

I find other websites such as donedeal much better for ordinary car buyers. I normally put car in 4 or 5 sites including free sites like Gumtree. Also put it on this new Facebook group for EV related sales in Ireland:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098

zg3409 wrote: »
    Also put it on this new Facebook group for EV related sales in Ireland:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098

Lol yeah, I'm an admin on that page.

Already listed it.

It's up on adverts, done deal, carzone and Facebook.

Had 1 enquiry so far but they're in Sligo so will be the weekend before they can come for a look.

Lol yeah, I'm an admin on that page.

Already listed it.

It's up on adverts, done deal, carzone and Facebook.

Had 1 enquiry so far but they're in Sligo so will be the weekend before they can come for a look.

If I flog the eGolf I will take it off your hands :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How much is your eGolf going for?
    Have you it up for sale?

Why would you swap an eGolf for a L24 unless you need to free up some cash?

3 enquiries so far, 2 from Sligo natives via Carzone, one in adverts.ie.

Sligo chap seems keen, hoping to come view it on Saturday. The Credit Union is open Saturday so that would make payment easy. He could lodge cash there and drive off.

3 enquiries so far, 2 from Sligo natives via Carzone, one in adverts.ie.

Sligo chap seems keen, hoping to come view it on Saturday. The Credit Union is open Saturday so that would make payment easy. He could lodge cash there and drive off.

Remember the shot gun :P

Great news folks, I've been contacted by a chap through Carzone. Not only does he want to buy the car when he arrives in Ireland, but he wants to give me €9.7m if I help him with transferring his €1b fortune out of Syria.

What a stroke of luck!

Bait him!

This one is a classic :D

Linky

Great news folks, I've been contacted by a chap through Carzone. Not only does he want to buy the car when he arrives in Ireland, but he wants to give me €9.7m if I help him with transferring his €1b fortune out of Syria.

What a stroke of luck!

Now the fun begins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QdPW8JrYzQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Bigus

Advert critique on pictures only.

I see no obvious picture of battery status bar, and no mention in advert that it has its full compliment , which I can see inadvertently in one of the pictures.
    The close up of the mileage shows dirt/splashes on the instrument binnacle Perspex, a less close up picture with a full battery and showing battery bars would be nicer.

I think it's because of the time of day and harsh winter light but the interior photos show the car in a worn light at present.
    and also the close up of the of the hatch release/steering wheel heater buttons they appear to have scratches dirt/fluff on them , also the seater heater button picture shows white specks on the black plastic, zoom out and crop photo or wipe buttons.
    Remove the picture of the false timber floor altogether, and explain this separately in person.
    I'd also temporarily remove the grey mats for photos along with the air freshener from the mirror, and clean the grey dirt off the tyres and brake pedal rubber, for photos, go to a Nissan garage leaf photos for guidance on what you are trying to convey in pictures.
    Finally Show the whole blooming reg , (buyers can now do a motorcheck)this hiding regs is number one reason to dismiss adverts and not make further enquiries, especially if it's revealed to have a DL reg, so if it's DL reg buyers are aware in advance and if D reg it's more saleable.
    All of Above is not personal criticisms it's how buyers think.

NIMAN wrote: »
    How much is your eGolf going for?
    Have you it up for sale?

Not up for sale yet but contemplating :P

Fair comments, thanks.

I've got a friend's parents viewing tomorrow evening, and a guy coming from Sligo on Saturday.

If neither if those work out I'll have an overhaul of the listing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

just out of interest, what would you say your range is now that it's recently dropped to 11 bars? 100 - 110 km in winter?

deadduck wrote: »
    just out of interest, what would you say your range is now that it's recently dropped to 11 bars? 100 - 110 km in winter?

The way I drive it, (like I stole it) about 100km I'd say. Someone with a lighter boot would still scrape out 110-120 in winter though I'd say. I live on a hill top too and do most of my driving in Derry which is a hilly city which doesn't help range in any EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

The way I drive it, (like I stole it) about 100km I'd say. Someone with a lighter boot would still scrape out 110-120 in winter though I'd say. I live on a hill top too and do most of my driving in Derry which is a hilly city which doesn't help range in any EV.

Good to know, would still cover me. I hope to be in the market for a Leaf soon, so I’ll be keeping an eye on yours. In the meantime, good luck with the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I've got a friend's parents viewing tomorrow evening, and a guy coming from Sligo on Saturday.

Dont sell for a penny less than your advertised. You are too cheap as it is.

Have you got many calls in total?

KCross wrote: »
    Dont sell for a penny less than your advertised. You are too cheap as it is.

Have you got many calls in total?

Lol, everyone else told me I was too expensive!

I've had 1 call and 4 emails. One contact was from the fella offering me €9.7m, one was just an early enquiry, 2 have asked to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Lol, everyone else told me I was too expensive!

I've had 1 call and 4 emails. One contact was from the fella offering me €9.7m, one was just an early enquiry, 2 have asked to view.

Do not agree for a cent less. This car is worth it every penny. I’d have had it advertised for 11k :)

It's gone.

Took a few hundred € less for it. Could have probably hard balled and stuck to €10k but they were a nice couple and I think it was a fair price.

I had offered it to family for €9k so I'm glad they refused.

Nice one Phil, well done. Goes to show how strong the Leaf holds its value now.

Nobody ain't laughing at electric cars no more...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good job DrPhil, keep us updated on any new purchase.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Good job DrPhil, keep us updated on any new purchase.

He bought an i3 REx :)

Advertisement