Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

NIMAN wrote: »
    I bought one of these a long time ago, and ended up not needing it.

https://evonestop.co.uk/collections/adaptors/products/type-1-to-type-2-cable-adaptor-converter-16-32-amp-1-metre

How much do you think I could get for it?

Tbh, not sure if its 16A/32A or what length it is, its been in storage since I bought it!

I think you should taken 20 for it...I might have a buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

https://evonestop.co.uk/collections/adaptors/products/type-1-to-type-2-cable-adaptor-converter-16-32-amp-1-metre

Tbh, not sure if its 16A/32A or what length it is, its been in storage since I bought it!

Offer it to Phil, I'm sure you'll get more than 20 for it. I paid €130 for one just a couple of months back

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I might be interested as I am getting a Type 2 car in a month or two, and my charger is a tethered one for a leaf (type 1). Is that the correct adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah it should work ok for that.

I've popped it up on Adverts with an initial price of €90, to see if any interest.

https://www.adverts.ie/other/type-1-to-type-2-electric-car-charging-adapter/18233275

Edit: SOLD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

151 Nissan Leaf XE 24kWh 3.3kW & Fast Charge capability

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/151-nissan-leaf-xe-24kwh-fast-charge/22201624

Form an orderly queue :)

jprboy wrote: »
    151 Nissan Leaf XE 24kWh 3.3kW & Fast Charge capability

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/151-nissan-leaf-xe-24kwh-fast-charge/

Form an orderly queue :)

We will, once you get a link to work;)

We will, once you get a link to work;)

Ok, sorted. Thanks for pointing out.

Now get in line :pac:

Ok, sorted. Thanks for pointing out.

Now get in line :pac:

I have no need for a 2nd. But good luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's a bargain, jprboy. I'd say you'll have that sold within days. You saved a fortune on fuel with that commute :D

What you getting now?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    That's a bargain, jprboy. I'd say you'll have that sold within days. You saved a fortune on fuel with that commute :D

What you getting now?

Ah, unkel, knew you'd be along at some point !

Yes, I think it's a bargain too so thanks for the affirmation.

Ad is up over 2 weeks now. Originally had it up for €10,500 and had a buyer willing to pay €10,000 who subsequently decided she was going to wait a little longer to purchase an EV.

I then dropped it to €9,900 and physically shook hands on an agreed sale with a viewer at my house last Sunday evening after spending a long time discussing the car with them. Were due to collect the car today but phoned me on Monday saying it wouldn't get them from Cork to Dublin without recharging so the deal was off! The thing is they knew their stuff before they came to view the car and I was also fully up front about the limitations of the car, what the max range was given the right conditions and the reduced range in cold, rain and wind so that was frustrating.

Not one call since last Sunday (6 days)

I've emailed 3 Nissan dealers wondering if they were interested and none of them replied. One of them has a 2015 XE up for €14,995.

I emailed 2 EV dealers and only got a response from one saying there was no demand for 24kWh Leafs - they have one for sale, though.

I've saved approx. €11,000 in fuel, over €2,000 in Motor Tax, my maintenance costs have been slashed, my insurance has reduced and I have a much more relaxing and pleasant drive and a pre-heated toasty ice free car on winter mornings. Not forgetting that instant torque guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

What am I getting? Let's just say I'm having what you're having :)

You were very unlucky. Time wasters :(

If you're under pressure to get the cash, I have an option that you probably haven't considered. Sell it to Phil Fitzgerald (electricautos.ie). Give him a ring on monday morning. I'd say he will give you close enough to the current asking price of the car, but obviously he is no charity, he needs to make money on it.

If you're not under pressure, don't accept a cent less than your current price in a private sale.

You were very unlucky. Time wasters :(

If you're under pressure to get the cash, I have an option that you probably haven't considered. Sell it to Phil Fitzgerald (electricautos.ie). Give him a ring on monday morning. I'd say he will give you close enough to the current asking price of the car, but obviously he is no charity, he needs to make money on it.

If you're not under pressure, don't accept a cent less than your current price in a private sale.

I did try Electric Autos - emailed them. That's the EV dealer I referenced above who said there was low demand for 24 kWh Leafs.

I can wait. Have it up on Carzone since Day 1 as well and stuck it up on Gumtree earlier today, for what it's worth. And the Boards For Sale thread today too, of course :)

I did try Electric Autos - emailed them. That's the EV dealer I referenced above who said there was low demand for 24 kWh Leafs.

Very surprised they said that. This crowd?

Linky

The Leaf 24 has gone up in value relatively more than any other EV over the last 2 years. Ideal second family car from a total cost of ownership point of view. And obviously more and more people know it (that's what caused the price to go up)

The one reason that I can think of is that your car is the base model, where most people would prefer the SV or SVE. Maybe he prefers to sell those and was looking for a polite excuse not to buy your car

Very surprised they said that. This crowd?

Linky

The Leaf 24 has gone up in value relatively more than any other EV over the last 2 years. Ideal second family car from a total cost of ownership point of view. And obviously more and more people know it (that's what caused the price to go up)

The one reason that I can think of is that your car is the base model, where most people would prefer the SV or SVE. Maybe he prefers to sell those and was looking for a polite excuse not to buy your car

Yep, that's them.

Base model alright but easy to live with when the TCO is considered !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

How much is it for a new battery including fitting? Just out of interest i seen topgear a few weeks back the leaf they had only had a range of 37 miles i think.
    The secondhand value of EV must be grim due to battery cost.

Phil.x wrote: »
    How much is it for a new battery including fitting? Just out of interest i seen topgear a few weeks back the leaf they had only had a range of 37 miles i think.

I don't know where to start on this, no offence, but your post is so completely wrong and ignorant :p

I guess I'll start with a question. What car are you talking about, a Nissan Leaf 24kWh like the '15 car we are discussing at the moment?

The Leaf Top Gear had isn't exactly the same as everyone else's Leaf now is it?

I don't watch TG, but I'm guessing they either had a knackered one, or else one they drove very hard, in which case you might only get 37 miles from it.

My 5 yr old Leaf has a range of 70 miles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It was a 2011 Leaf

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I don't know where to start on this, no offence, but your post is so completely wrong and ignorant :p

I guess I'll start with a question. What car are you talking about, a Nissan Leaf 24kWh like the '15 car we are discussing at the moment?

Sorry if i sounded ignorant, but im talking about a EV cars.

• Advertisement

The Leaf Top Gear had isn't exactly the same as everyone else's Leaf now is it?

I don't watch TG, but I'm guessing they either had a knackered one, or else one they drove very hard, in which case you might only get 37 miles from it.

My 5 yr old Leaf has a range of 70 miles.

A 5year old car that has a range of 70miles is terrible no matter what way you look at it, but people like you are paving the way forward by investing your money now in making the cars of tomorrow better, somebody has to be the Guinea pig (excuse the pun).

The car on top gear was bought second hand for the EV segment which included two other DIY retrofitted cars.

A 5year old car that has a range of 70miles is terrible no matter what way you look at it, but people like you are paving the way forward by investing your money now in making the cars of tomorrow better, somebody has to be the Guinea pig (excuse the pun).

The car on top gear was bought second hand for the EV segment which included two other DIY retrofitted cars.

Actually it's more like 80 I'd say, and it probably wasn't much more when it was new.

Of course to many they'd laugh at a range of 80 miles in a car, but its not really an issue at all because it's a 2nd car and it's charged every night to full again. I have never come close to running out of battery.

It suits my needs at present, and probably would for many years to come.

And yes we need early adopters for any new technology to succeed, but I wouldn't even consider myself an early adopter as I bought it secondhand at a bargain price. If I sold now I'd make money after 2 years of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mike Schooling is selling his tarted up Leaf!

20190607_090055-jpg.120907

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭KCross

That actually looks good. He should have sold that nose design to Nissan!

Has he pimped anything under the hood? With his knowledge of the power electronics I'd have to think it goes faster?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

I have about 87 other threads open but decided to add my bit here too :)

Looking for a Gen 1.5 leaf.

Most important thing >> Budget: id like it to be around 10,000 Euro, less if possible.
    ideally would like the onboard 6.6kw charger, but beggars cant be choosers.

would like one that has potentially 12 bars, but may not be possible with budget and therefore age of car.

Colour: not fond of red or white but again , beggars etc

I am looking for the 'Acenta' / 'SV' Spec.

Did you ring Phil Fitzgerald from electricautos.ie?

Did you ring Phil Fitzgerald from electricautos.ie?

I did, had a chat , he said he would keep an eye out.

Best do a daily search on DoneDeal yourself and maybe one on Auto Trader too, if you are prepared to bring one in from the UK (not that there is any value for money to be had in that market for EVs in recent times, but you never know)

• Advertisement

Best do a daily search on DoneDeal yourself and maybe one on Auto Trader too, if you are prepared to bring one in from the UK (not that there is any value for money to be had in that market for EVs in recent times, but you never know)

Ah yeah, I’m keeping an eye on donedeal, adverts, Carzone etc.

Just said I’d post here too on the off chance someone had one for sale.

Advertisement