Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

EV cables .co.uk sell all sorts. Should have you covered if you want to go new. Can't imagine why people would sell their own one 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

User1998 wrote: »
    Anyone selling or know where I can get a 3 pin granny charger? Are they universal for any make/model? Thanks

No they are not universal. The old leaf needs a type 1 plug at the other end and are normally cheaper and available second hand as they are generally obsolete.

Newer leaf and most cars are type 2.

If you have a Zoe they recommend only specific units as the cars are very choosy.

Ones with variable charge rate could come in handy if you ever needed a charge from a small generator although some cars have a menu option.

I got my type 2 granny from eBay for around 300 euro all in. I added a heavy duty 15m extension lead with a waterproof socket as a backup plan to keep in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭The Mist

Hi guys,
    I'm selling my ioniq as I'm buying a 2nd hand model s. Asking price is 21,995. It is in very good condition throughout (just some light scratches in front bumpers), with 62,000 km, black. See carzone ad for more details:
    https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/Hyundai/Ioniq-Electric-premium/201910203506806
    Feel free to private message me if interested! :)
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

@ the mist, what model S spec did you get?
    I would throw her up on DoneDeal rather than carzone, no one uses carzone really in comparison. Likely to get more traction on DD. GLWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Wouidn't hurt getting the car valeted and even take it to a scratch repair place before taking some good pictures. Remove all the stuff like the seat base and crud in the door pockets. Is that a charging cable on the ground? Also good to take a picture of the range when the battery is fully charged.

Personally if I was in the market I would assume that your car is full of sticky stuff and not very well maintained based on the pictures alone.

• Advertisement

Hi elm, I pulled the trigger on a 2015 model s 85 cpo. It had all of the stuff I wanted, AP, glass roof, subzero weather pack, next gen seats etc and it came at very reasonable price 32,600£. But I've now cancelled the order, I got put out by all of the mcu issue reports, and I don't really do that many long trips, (just a daily 80km commute) to justify the 20k upgrade...
    I had put the ad later in done deal and adverts, I didn't get as many enquires and offers as I was hoping, but as samih pointed out, the pictures were terrible and I should have had the car valeted etc, just that I got really impulsive and decided to put in the ad in a hurry, thinking as well that demand was huge and time was of the essence :)
    Anyways thank you both for the tips, I will definitely take them on board for next time and all the best with your new model s elm! I'm ridiculously jealous! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What does it cost when you cancel an order with Tesla UK?

Also, MCU isn't that much of an issue if you got another year or two of Tesla warranty, or did your car have high mileage, so the warranty is going to be short (like in ELM327's car)?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hi all,. If anyone is looking for a Leaf 24 I'm selling one of our ones. It's a 142 Tekna with 6.6kw charger. Ad here: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-24-tekna-sve-with-6-6kw-charger/23357196.

oinkely wrote: »
    Hi all,. If anyone is looking for a Leaf 24 I'm selling one of our ones. It's a 142 Tekna with 6.6kw charger. Ad here: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-24-tekna-sve-with-6-6kw-charger/23357196.

All the issues / inverter sorted I presume? You need to update the threads you had about them!

What are you getting next?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

unkel wrote: »
    All the issues / inverter sorted I presume? You need to update the threads you had about them!

What are you getting next?

This is the one that didn't break. The inverter is fixed on the other one and planning on keeping that. Next car is here, a Citroen c-zero. It's an actual golf cart!

• Advertisement

3 EV family ATM? :cool:

I have 3 cars too, but 2 of them are ancient dino juice guzzlers :D

unkel wrote: »
    What does it cost when you cancel an order with Tesla UK?

Also, MCU isn't that much of an issue if you got another year or two of Tesla warranty, or did your car have high mileage, so the warranty is going to be short (like in ELM327's car)?

Nothing, fully refundable deposit.

Had the 2 year full warranty or about 30,000 miles, which is what I'd do in those 2 years approz. But from what I saw online, it almost seems like the MCU issue is bound to happen to most cars eventually and that some Tesla repair bills have come between 3-4k for some pretty crappy component which basically was badly designed throughout? I've also heard there are non Tesla experts that do it for a fraction of the price, but don't know would I "risk" that? I know very worst case scenario of 3-4k repair on a 40k car is probably not too bad, problem is 40k is a stretch already for me at the moment, also doesn't seem fair having to pay for a design flaw, so I'll just have to leave it for now and see how things go in the next couple of years.

There's rumors of a possibility to upgrade to MCU2, which I will be taking advantage of
    Otherwise I think it's just internet hysteria, a few cases and a less than ideal logging system doesnt mean every mcu is going to fail.

Strange that you got the deposit back as it's listed as non refundable

ELM327 wrote: »
    There's rumors of a possibility to upgrade to MCU2, which I will be taking advantage of
    Otherwise I think it's just internet hysteria, a few cases and a less than ideal logging system doesnt mean every mcu is going to fail.

Strange that you got the deposit back as it's listed as non refundable

Sorry I'm not really a techy person, how can you take advantage of that MCU 2 upgrade? Will Tesla in Dublin do that for you at no extra price? That'd be great, it'd be the right thing to do for Tesla as well to be fair...

It is most likely a bit if hysteria anyway like you say, but did see a few articles all published lately and a pretty long thread in the Tesla motors club with quite a few people affected by it. If my budget wouldn't have been do tight, I would still have been ok with it, but unfortunately budget was too tight for me and wouldn't have allowed much contingency if things went wrong.

Re deposit, pretty sure they're all fully refundable. You can see it in last screen before making payment. It clearly says 4,000 fully refundable.
    See that screenshot for instance.

I guess it becomes non refundable once you confirm accpeting the order as my T+C confirmed it as non refundable.
    There is no solution yet for MCU2, just something Elon said was coming on twitter and a few isolated cases of warranty repairs on mcu1 cars having the upgrade done for free.

If it's elective I expect to pay for it. And I would pay too.
    It adds netflix and youtube for while charging and caraoke to keep the mrs and the kids happy on longer trips

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

WANTED:

Anyone have a COILED public charge cable for a 2014 Nissan Leaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Hi, can anyone recommend a public charging cable for a bmw 330e. Thanks. Darren.

bod71 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend a public charging cable for a bmw 330e. Thanks. Darren.
    Hi, any type2 to type2 cable will do the job, the BMW branded ones are expensive, should have come with the car?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Hi, any type2 to type2 cable will do the job, the BMW branded ones are expensive, should have come with the car?

Hi , bought the car in the uk, only came with the granny cable. Thanks.

• Advertisement

The BMW PHEV only come with granny cables. As ELM327 said, any type 2 cable will do. You could consider buying second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

One still available here - 10m though, might be too long for you.

Kramer wrote: »
    One still available here - 10m though, might be too long for you.

Prefer 5m one, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭bf

Prefer 5m one, thanks anyway.

I have a BMW one available here in Dublin, six months only & perfect condition. Comes in BMW carrier bag with unopened accessories (gloves etc). PM me if you are interested.

WANTED:

Anyone have a COILED public charge cable for a 2014 Nissan Leaf?

Is that type 1 or type 2? What length you looking for?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Heads up, our Ioniq is getting serviced in 10 days, I'll the be putting it up for sale to fund the e-Niro. Car is black and has about 60,000 km on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Is that type 1 or type 2? What length you looking for?

hi, a type 1 I think (2014 leaf)

5 metres.

liamog wrote: »
    Heads up, our Ioniq is getting serviced in 10 days, I'll the be putting it up for sale to fund the e-Niro. Car is black and has about 60,000 km on it.

Dibs on the eNiro when ya get around to selling that :pac:

Dibs on the eNiro when ya get around to selling that :pac:

January 2023 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm in the process of convincing myself that the e-Niro won't depreciate a cent and I'd be perfectly sane to buy one...

It's not working.

Advertisement