Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »
    I'd say macnab might take it as a trade in. PM him, or he'll come back on here to tell you.

Then I’d have to make a serious decision :)
    What’s the performer spec of the S85?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Yeah I would consider the i3, the 4 seats might be a problem (OH, not me) but we are down to 2 teenagers now so it shouldn't be.
    Performance is: 0-60 in 5.5s and 144mph top speed IIRC.
    My e39 M5 is the only car I have owned that is somewhat similar.
    The M5 would probably start to pull away once you hit 100mph ish. I'd say the Tesla would be in front for the first 3 seconds at least.
    The handling in the Tesla is softer, more like a merc than a BMW, but well able to hustle through twisty sections.

Some photos I took today.

A few more.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I see an asking of 37, Tesla offering 10 less than that , looking for an ioniq, and I get a little excited. Glanced at my wife... She wasn't having it.

What level of self driving so these early model S's have? Adaptive cruise and lane keep? How involved is the driver on a motorway cruise? Any blind spot detection?

• Advertisement

There are no driver aids on my Model S, unless you count reversing camera or cruise control.
    It is possible to find 2014 cars with driving aids, but they would be October built cars, mine was built in September 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What level of self driving so these early model S's have? Adaptive cruise and lane keep?

This car has none. No lane assist, no active cruise control, no auto pilot, no autonomous emergency braking, none of that.

Just standard fixed speed dumb cruise control...

This car has none. No lane assist, no active cruise control, no auto pilot, no autonomous emergency braking, none of that.

Just standard fixed speed dumb cruise control...

Dream... Crushed!

Tesla would be a lovely step up, but driver aids would be a step down. S is also massive! Driveway mightn't take it (it would but you might struggle to beside the car)

I would be tempted if a very keenly priced Model S without AP1 came along. But coming from Ioniq with its pretty decent autonomous driving level 2 setup, it would be a big step back technology wise. I'd say most likely someone coming from a Leaf or i3 will go for it.

And it's big alright, loads of luggage space, but also a problem on narrow roads and in multistory carparks like the ones in Dublin city centre. And I have had cars that big before, but never that wide.

One suggestion to the seller is to get it cleaned up as it takes away from a smashing car.
    Get a coat of liquid or spray wax on it, if even just for the sale photos as you can tell its never had a polish and is unprotected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

but also a problem on narrow roads and in multistory carparks like the ones in Dublin city centre. And I have had cars that big before, but never that wide.

This would be an issue for me. By me, I mean my wife. I've driven Merc Sprinter vans before for work so I'm used to wide vehicles.

But my wife, on rural Donegal roads... She'd annihilate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Peter mx5

Hello I wonder if anyone could advice me on some items on a 24kw 2015 151 plate Nissan leaf.it is advertised at a dealer.it is a UK import
    Km is 61000. There is 6 months warranty on it

The battery gauge has 12 bars and the km shows 118km at a charge of 97 percent eco isn't Turned on. Does this sound right.

The there is a granny lead but no public charge lead.should there be one to connect to car stands.

Finally the screen on start up of stereo navigation screen says telematics not connected what is that is it an easy fix.

I feel a fool as the car was reasonably priced and apart from a few minor scratches was in good shape.we are both getting on in years so the price of it was as much as we could afford and we put a deposit on it.

Now am concerned about the items above and also didn't get battery condition report as the Ford dealer it's at didn't Have it.and also that maybe it's a 2014 car not 2015 car.

I hope someone can reassure us on purchase of this.thanks

Peter mx5 wrote: »
    Hello I wonder if anyone could advice me on some items on a 24kw 2015 151 plate Nissan leaf.it is advertised at a dealer.it is a UK import
    Km is 61000. There is 6 months warranty on it

The battery gauge has 12 bars and the km shows 118km at a charge of 97 percent eco isn't Turned on. Does this sound right.

The there is a granny lead but no public charge lead.should there be one to connect to car stands.

Finally the screen on start up of stereo navigation screen says telematics not connected what is that is it an easy fix.

I feel a fool as the car was reasonably priced and apart from a few minor scratches was in good shape.we are both getting on in years so the price of it was as much as we could afford and we put a deposit on it.

Now am concerned about the items above and also didn't get battery condition report as the Ford dealer it's at didn't Have it.and also that maybe it's a 2014 car not 2015 car.

I hope someone can reassure us on purchase of this.thanks

This time of year the GOM at 118km is about right. Also the dealer may be driving it and they won’t give a care about efficiency.

12 bars is good. I’d expect a bar loss in the next year or so.

The granny cable was standard and the public cable was an additional purchase. You can pick them up online new and second hand.

The telematics issue I’m Not sure about. The integrated SIM card should take care of it but that’s something I’d ask the dealer to investigate.

kceire wrote: »
    The granny cable was standard and the public cable was an additional purchase.

Wasn't it the other way around? Public charging cable was standard with the Leaf but the granny cable was an optional extra.

I would insist the garage supply the public charging cable that came with the car, otherwise I'd deduct GBP200 from the price agreed.

Wasn't it the other way around? Public charging cable was standard with the Leaf but the granny cable was an optional extra.

I would insist the garage supply the public charging cable that came with the car, otherwise I'd deduct GBP200 from the price agreed.

I’m not 100% sure. My UK Leaf had the granny from factory and the public cable was bought as an extra by the owner.

Wasn’t there opposites between here and the UK too?
    We got the public cable and the granny was €900 option ?

Looks like the OP created an additional thread in the main forum about it.

This one has the granny cable or at least a lead with a three pin plug I rang nissan dealer in cork and they wanted 700 euro for it.should 32amp cable.would it work with the smaller on board charger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

This one has the granny cable or at least a lead with a three pin plug I rang nissan dealer in cork and they wanted 700 euro for it.should 32amp cable.would it work with the smaller on board charger

I wouldnt go to a main dealer for a charging cable, plenty of reputable companies out there selling them. I got one recently for €180

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thats in Ireland. The UK initially did it the other way around.

Looks like it wasnt a Nissan dealer that was selling it so they can only provide the cable that came with the car when they traded it in. You can insist they include one as part of the negotiation I suppose, but since its not a Nissan dealer they'll probably just shrug and say thats what it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭KCross

should 32amp cable.would it work with the smaller on board charger

Yes, it will.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I wouldnt go to a main dealer for a charging cable, plenty of reputable companies out there selling them. I got one recently for €180

What amp rating did you get

• Advertisement

Price drop to €35000

Make: Tesla
    Model: S
    Battery: 85kW
    Variant: E
    Drive: Rear wheel drive
    Suspension: coil springs, not air
    First reg: October 2014 (No self driving hardware or software)
    Odometer: 94393km
    Colour: Black bodywork with black leather seats.
    Warranty: Remainder of 8 year battery warranty only.
    Charging: 22kWh AC, type 2 DC. Free supercharging for life.
    Other features: NCT to October, 5 seats, Tech pack, Security pack, premium interior and light pack, power lift gate, full panoramic glass roof, reversing camera, heated/power front seats.
    I have owned this car for over 2 years and it has been without fault.
    It came from the UK nearly 3 years ago as a CPO car so it had all the checks and updates done then.
    Condition is excellent for its age with a couple of marks that are easily missed.
    All 4 alloys have some gravel rash from previous owner but not too bad.
    I have a new Model 3 on the way so I want to shift this soon.
    Asking price is E35,000.
    I will consider trade ins of cheaper EVs (Leaf, Ioniq etc) plus cash my way.
    I will also consider a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, but no diesels.
    I'm Based in the Meath/Dublin area.

Get a 32Amp rated cable. The price difference between 16Amp and 32Amp is minimal, and at least the 32Amp rated will be more future proof. 16Amp cable is pretty much a waste of money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

32a.

My car came with a 20a one and it was taking all night to charge. I only use the 32a one if I’m stuck out and about as I can charge overnight at home or all day at work so the 20a is fine for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Selling my Ioniq:

171, Premium spec with leater seats
    52K KM on the clock
    €21,750

Pictures & more details in link:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-electric-5dr-auto-leather-interior/23897957?fbclid=IwAR09_gKiyc_7Fm3VJ-NvIQoFXcTA3QnmfuvTgdrg_AVub-Y5gjhZn3fsjDs

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hi All,

Still have my leaf 24 for sale

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/2014-nissan-leaf-24kw-6-6-charger/19142470

Black, Tekna, 142, 83K km, 6.6 charger. €11,000 ono

Leafspy yesterday says 92.8% SOH on the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭Soarer

Purchased from evcables.co.uk

Brand new 7.5m 32A Type 2 - Type 2 cable (green). Also comes with a carrier bag.
    Bought for my new car, but the dealer threw one in for me so this is now surplus.
    Cost me €165 + shipping, and just looking to recover the purchase price.
    I can return it without issue, so no silly offers.
    Covered by a 5 year warranty too, apparently.

Soarer wrote: »
    Purchased from evcables.co.uk

Brand new 7.5m 32A Type 2 - Type 2 cable (green). Also comes with a carrier bag.
    Bought for my new car, but the dealer threw one in for me so this is now surplus.
    Cost me €165 + shipping, and just looking to recover the purchase price.
    I can return it without issue, so no silly offers.
    Covered by a 5 year warranty too, apparently.

Anyone know off hand the standard bmw cable length? I think it’s 5m, I’m just not at the car now.

Maybe interested as it will save me have to park in a specific position in the garden when i need to charge.

Where are you based?

Will sell my bmw cable to recoup costs I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

kceire wrote: »
    Anyone know off hand the standard bmw cable length? I think it’s 5m, I’m just not at the car now.

Maybe interested as it will save me have to park in a specific position in the garden when i need to charge.

Where are you based?

Will sell my bmw cable to recoup costs I suppose.

Just beware AFAIK the BMW i3 needs a THREE phase 32AMP cable to get maximum power from a 22kw public outlet. I believe it can charge at 11kw on these outlets if the correct cable is used

The one above is single phase 32amp so limited to 7kw Max and possibly less on i3 . If you want maximum rate you should probably use the BMW cable on public charge points

Almost all EVs have a 5m cable as standard, so a 7.5m cable will give you a bit more to play with. You might want to try it out first, cables always seem a little bit short in real life. I was going to buy a 12.5m cable for my driveway, but it would not have been long enough (even though I measured) so I was glad I erred on the side of caution and got a 15m cable made up!

• Advertisement

zg3409 wrote: »
    Just beware AFAIK the BMW i3 needs a THREE phase 32AMP cable to get maximum power from a 22kw public outlet. I believe it can charge at 11kw on these outlets if the correct cable is used

The one above is single phase 32amp so limited to 7kw Max and possibly less on i3 . If you want maximum rate you should probably use the BMW cable on public charge points

My current one is single phase.
    I rarely use public chargers so not concerned about getting the full 11kw charging speed.

Advertisement