Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kceire wrote: »
    I rarely use public chargers so not concerned about getting the full 22kw 11kW charging speed.

FYP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

unkel wrote: »
    Almost all EVs have a 5m cable as standard, so a 7.5m cable will give you a bit more to play with. You might want to try it out first, cables always seem a little bit short in real life. I was going to buy a 12.5m cable for my driveway, but it would not have been long enough (even though I measured) so I was glad I erred on the side of caution and got a 15m cable made up!

Technically speaking - would a longer cable mean higher loss in energy transfer?

Technically speaking, yes. But it makes feck all difference in your total cost of charging the car. Maybe €5 per year extra :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I've an 8 meter coiled cable I'd be up for selling. I'd just want enough to cover buying a straight 7.5m cable.

Just an option if some sort of 3 way deal works for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭Soarer

I’m down in Cork lads, so don’t know how that’ll work for ye.

The cable, with bag and adaptor, arrived Wednesday while I was in the UK.
    Collected the parcel from the office yesterday, took out the adaptor, so the bag and cable are still untouched. So they’re all ready to be sold or returned.

The ol’ fella is up and down to Dublin in the truck fairly regularly if that helps anyone? He have to be met somewhere on/near the motorway though.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    I’m down in Cork lads, so don’t know how that’ll work for ye.

The cable, with bag and adaptor, arrived Wednesday while I was in the UK.
    Collected the parcel from the office yesterday, took out the adaptor, so the bag and cable are still untouched. So they’re all ready to be sold or returned.

The ol’ fella is up and down to Dublin in the truck fairly regularly if that helps anyone? He have to be met somewhere on/near the motorway though.

Cork too.

Mine has been used 1-2 times a week for the last 7 months, but it's as good as new. Think the coiled ones are usually a bit more expensive than the straight ones, but i'd really just be looking to break even on replacing the cable with a straight one.

Shipped the cable back this morning lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Have a 162d Mercedes c350e premium plus model in the metallic blue colour, 45k kilometres on it, command system, upgraded sound system, panoramic sunroof etc

Was wondering what it would be worth privately, on carzone the 161s with lower spec and higher milage are generally around 25k.

Would love to trade up to a used model s, model 3 is too expensive for me right now.

Would i realistically find anyone willing to spend 20k plus on a private sale?

Would i realistically find anyone willing to spend 20k plus on a private sale?

First of all, to determine value, we will go worst case scenario which is to compare your car with how much it could possibly be brought over from the UK, where PHEV depreciate badly (because so many of the are tax compliance cars coming out of lease)

Cheapest 2016 c350e on AutoTrader is GBP16k. Which is nearly €19k. Plus €1k VRT and very little money to bring one over if you book cheap flight and ferry, so only a touch over €20k to land one.

That's usually a good minimum marker of how much your car is worth in a private sale. So not at all bad news compared to your expectations

Secondly it might not be that easy to actually find a private buyer willing to buy it. I presume your car is now outside of manufacturers warranty? If so, that does not help

In your favour is that the car is a 162, so technically only 3.5 years old

If I were you, I would have the car professionally valeted and professional pics taken and do up a very good ad, asking €23k. Take any offer from about €20k Give that a few weeks (if you have the time and then approach a few premium second hand dealers (non Mercedes), to see would they advertise and sell the car for you (you can agree the terms, usually a percentage of the price it sells for). In this scenario a net revenue to you of about €18k-€19k is more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Thanks for that, a few things to consider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

2018 Ioniq for sale

- Near mint, tiny scuff right side that you would buff out with a baby wipe :)
    - Low low mileage, with almost no fast charging (like 3/4 times in 2 years)
    - Looking for a good home...you will be asked several questions about random TeslaBjorn videos to prove you are worthy of an audience

Maybe use that baby wipe before trying to sell?

Soarer wrote: »
    Maybe use that baby wipe before trying to sell?

No Soarer...No I wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

jusmeig wrote: »
    No Soarer...No I wont.
    You're competing with a dealer selling a 2018 Ioniq at the same price.

ELM327 wrote: »
    You're competing with a dealer selling a 2018 Ioniq at the same price.

I am...the ad is 2 hours old...cut me some freakin slack :D
    So that whole situation is confusing....

They are selling 2, both the same year. The one with much higher mileage is 2k more? WTF is going on there. When I was trying to buy my Ioniq (for months) all the garages had an ad for an Ioniq, but when I called they never had one (Maybe kept the ad for leads?)
    • 2018 - 37,000km - 25,995
    • 2018 - 96,561km - 27,950
    • 2018 - 16,766 - 24,999

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2018 Ioniq for sale

- Near mint, tiny scuff right side that you would buff out with a baby wipe :)
    - Low low mileage, with almost no fast charging (like 3/4 times in 2 years)
    - Looking for a good home...you will be asked several questions about random TeslaBjorn videos to prove you are worthy of an audience

Get rid of the scuff.
    Then you won’t have to mention it.

Also, loose the mumbo jumbo from the description of the ad. I couldn’t understand it as an EV owner, never mind joe bloggs looking to jump into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭User1998

Get rid of the scuff.

Also, loose the mumbo jumbo from the description of the ad. I couldn’t understand it as an EV owner, never mind joe bloggs looking to jump into it.

I actually thought it was a nice honest description, funny too :D

Few extra photos would help.

Do people actually use carzone? I’ve never once looked for a car on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭User1998

Get rid of the scuff.

I have more photos, I presume people do use it...and the descriptions there are gack. I'm not writing ABS, LKAS gawd damn bs bingo.

Someone will buy it coz they want it. Who the hell these days does not YouTube the hell out of a purchase!?

What other sites would u recommend? I thought Carzone was popular, it's autotrader

Get rid of the scuff.

Gimmie 200 quid and I'll get rid of it, or 23k and it's yours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

User1998 wrote: »

DoneDeal is the go to car market. But carzone are still hanging in there.
    I personally haven’t listed anything on carzone in 15 years but I still check it when looking for something.

I’ve sold everything on donedeal over the last 15 years and one or 2 by word of mouth on Facebook too.

Are you in any of the EV groups on there?
    Gimmie 200 quid and I'll get rid of it, or 23k and it's yours.

Not a chance. Especially when you said a baby wipe will remove it :)

DoneDeal is the go to car market. But carzone are still hanging in there.
    I personally haven’t listed anything on carzone in 15 years but I still check it when looking for something.

Not a chance. Especially when you said a baby wipe will remove it :)

I'll lash it up there so!
    Not on Facebook, ever, just here.
    You would need a baby wipe and a fair amount of elbow grease...maybe a pack of them.

No Soarer...No I wont.

Best of luck with the sale then.

If you think someone will hand over €23k with out the car being pristine, more power to you.

I'll lash it up there so!
    Not on Facebook, ever, just here.
    You would need a baby wipe and a fair amount of elbow grease...maybe a pack of them.

Sounds like you're under selling the extent of the scuff.

It's a scuff on the bumper, driver's side.
    Got it repaired about 4 months ago, and the wife scraped it again. It was 180 to repair last time, and I have the invoice from the Hyundai garage that painted it.

Not going to repair it again, as it will just happen again.

Donedeal WAY better than Carzone -> Thanks for the heads up on that one lads.
    Hyundai Ioniq 28kwh for sale!

I have a 10m 32Amp icebreaker for sale. It’s to suit L24 and L30 Type2 to Type1 cable. Very little use so it’s in perfect condition.
    Will be replacing it with the same but T2 to T2 to fit the new SK3 baby in the house so only looking to cover the cost of purchasing the new one minus a few quid...
    Please, pm me if you have an interest.
    Willing to travel to meet/deliver within distance.
    Tha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

peposhi wrote: »

I'd be tempted but doubt you'd get that in a jiffy bag to post!

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'd be tempted but doubt you'd get that in a jiffy bag to post!

PM me I might meet you half way within reasonable distance... or I might be heading your way some day...

Advertisement