Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

The times for the Irish Daily Mail FAI Cup semi-finals on Sunday, 2 October have been confirmed.

Cup holders Dundalk welcome Derry City to Oriel Park for a 1.45pm kick-off, with Cork City travelling to Richmond Park to take on St Pat's Athletic in the second semi at 3.55pm.

Two really big games too look forward too in a less than a fortnight, would be great to see both Oriel Park and Richmond Park full for both games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Two really big games too look forward too in a less than a fortnight, would be great to see both Oriel Park and Richmond Park full for both games

I'm a Bohs man but living near Inchicore. I'll defo go down for that game, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Can't imagine Inchicore will be full especially with the All-Ireland a day before. Would be happy with around 3000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The times for the Irish Daily Mail FAI Cup semi-finals on Sunday, 2 October have been confirmed.

Cup holders Dundalk welcome Derry City to Oriel Park for a 1.45pm kick-off, with Cork City travelling to Richmond Park to take on St Pat's Athletic in the second semi at 3.55pm.

Are any other clubs sending buses to Oriel to support Dundalk?

Over 34k at the LGFA final inn Croker yesterday shows the power of marketing, I hope the FAI have plans to market this Sundays two FAI Cup Semi finals bit I wont hold my breath

• Advertisement

Predicting a ......Dundalk v St Patricks Athletic final in the Aviva on November 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Really tough match for us tomorrow. Our only chance is if we play to our very best which we haven't done much at all this season. Still there is always a chance. COYS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What time is Saints vs Cork on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

15:55

last thing Dundalk will want is a replay, expect them to go for it from the getgo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any idea when tickets for the final go on sale please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

If last year is anything to go by, the later you left it, the better the seat. I don't know about the City end last year but Dundalk got the north terrace and the lower seats near the corner on the east stand. As the seats sold the next batches released were closer to the halfway line, when those sold the opened up higher tiers. There was better seats online than available at the clubs (well, Dundalk anyway).IMO a total disgrace, Cork and Dundalk fans should have come FIRST for premium viewing seats and then the ends opened up if necessary, with a relatively good choice available to the supporters of both clubs, through their club. It would be helpful if ticket master 'advised' on their website when the tickets go on general sale which side of the ground to select, if you intended to support one club or the other. No segregation necessary, we mingled outside the ground before and after the match and at Connolly. I acknowledge it was easier for us to be friendly but we did wish the Cork lads good luck for this season and we meant it too. Maybe didn't have to take it so literally though :)

WHERE IS THE WEBSITE FOR BUYING TICKETS FOR THE FINAL? Just over a week away and from searching FAI, LOI sites and Google can't find it!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Ticketmaster.

blingrhino wrote: »
    Ticketmaster.

Cheers. you think the FAI would mention this somewhere on their site....

Ok, here's my issue.
    I have 2 season tickets, block 104. On Ticketmaster there's no tickets for sale in that section or anywhere near it. I presume if I buy a kids ticket for anywhere in the stadium it won't be a problem. Either my youngest (6) can sit on my lap or we can find 3 empty seats and use them.

I doubt there'll be a problem for 1 of us entering the stadium through the 'wrong' turnstile? It's me and 2 of my kids so we all have to go in together.

Thanks,
    Pa.

I know there is no bad seat in the Aviva, but (as predicted) Cork and Dundalk got the poorer of the first seats allocated ie behind the goals and on the corners. Almost like two sets of away fans. Heard Dundalk sent some of theirs back and are now getting premium west stand tickets at €30 a pop. The FAI really are bunch of useless twats,they should have allocated the East and West stands to each team and put the other seats on general sale and not the other way round. Let's hope for a great occasion and maybe surpass last year's 25000 attendance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

joeysoap wrote: »
    I know there is no bad seat in the Aviva, but (as predicted) Cork and Dundalk got the poorer of the first seats allocated ie behind the goals and on the corners. Almost like two sets of away fans. Heard Dundalk sent some of theirs back and are now getting premium west stand tickets at €30 a pop. The FAI really are bunch of useless twats,they should have allocated the East and West stands to each team and put the other seats on general sale and not the other way round. Let's hope for a great occasion and maybe surpass last year's 25000 attendance?

Its a pity we got the south stand again this year, I really cant see more than 4 or 5 thousand City fans heading up, theres no buzz at all for it down here, at the moment anyway. Dundalk should have got the bigger end as they'll have the bigger crowd given the buzz around them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    Its a pity we got the south stand again this year, I really cant see more than 4 or 5 thousand City fans heading up, theres no buzz at all for it down here, at the moment anyway. Dundalk should have got the bigger end as they'll have the bigger crowd given the buzz around them at the moment.

There is not a huge buzz in Dundalk either. People are more focussed on the Europa League games than the cup final.

Hopefully it will change, but I foresee a much reduced attendance this year.

There is not a huge buzz in Dundalk either. People are more focussed on the Europa League games than the cup final.

Hopefully it will change, but I foresee a much reduced attendance this year.

Surprised about Cork, Dundalk slightly in mute mode,hopefully that will change for both clubs, but I think a lot more 'neutrals' this year. I know 6 already booked who support neither club. Still think over 30,000

joeysoap wrote: »
    Surprised about Cork, Dundalk slightly in mute mode,hopefully that will change for both clubs, but I think a lot more 'neutrals' this year. I know 6 already booked who support neither club. Still think over 30,000

We have by far the largest reach to floating fans in the country, but unfortunately the majority of them couldn't be arsed going all the way upto Dublin on a Sunday morning to potentially lose to Dundalk again. Had we won the league we would be looking at bringing 15k I reckon, as it is, I think we'll be doing well to get 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭yknaa

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cheers. you think the FAI would mention this somewhere on their site....

Ok, here's my issue.
    I have 2 season tickets, block 104. On Ticketmaster there's no tickets for sale in that section or anywhere near it. I presume if I buy a kids ticket for anywhere in the stadium it won't be a problem. Either my youngest (6) can sit on my lap or we can find 3 empty seats and use them.

I doubt there'll be a problem for 1 of us entering the stadium through the 'wrong' turnstile? It's me and 2 of my kids so we all have to go in together.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Sesaon tickets for RoI games in the Aviva? If so you get bumped up to Premium level.

I am sorry to hear that, there are 18 clubs that would swap with either of us to be in the final. Cork had a cracking year. I have posted before that I am a long time Dundalk supporter and as such have seen both sides. I have been around when Dundalk won the league in previous seasons, and I have been around when we struggled in the 1st division. And old enough to know that sometimes it's a fine line. For instance if the postponed match had been in Cork and not Oriel, would that have made a difference? (By my reckoning Cork at home twice to Dundalk next year). I also said that in any other period Cork would have probably have won at least one of the past three leagues. In that sense Cork have been unlucky to have to compete with probably the best League side ever.

yknaa wrote: »
    Sesaon tickets for RoI games in the Aviva? If so you get bumped up to Premium level.

Cool! Do I get allocated seats in Premium level or just sit anywhere? An no need to buy normal tickets on top of the ROI season tickets I presume?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Going to go. Head up Saturday night after work, off Monday.

Not confident but it be nice to actually get 1 over a super side. We ain't million miles away, but Dundalk have those 3 or 4 match winners that we lack.

My heart says Cork but head says Dundalk by a goal.

Going to go. Head up Saturday night after work, off Monday.

Not confident but it be nice to actually get 1 over a super side. We ain't million miles away, but Dundalk have those 3 or 4 match winners that we lack.

My heart says Cork but head says Dundalk by a goal.

Dundalk will be knackered after St Petersburg, if City can't take advantage of that.......

You are correct though, City aren't a million miles away, maybe a player or two

Hopefully between now and Sunday Cork City fans will galvanise behind their Club and Team, they are a better side than last season and with Dundalk travelling back from Russia they have a real chance of being fresher and better prepared.
    Have Cork soccer fans forgotten so quickly they nearly lost their club, this vid should jog memories, I reckon the Rebel Army wont let their club down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-Iq-2uiTU

Hopefully between now and Sunday Cork City fans will galvanise behind their Club and Team, they are a better side than last season and with Dundalk travelling back from Russia they have a real chance of being fresher and better prepared.
    Have Cork soccer fans forgotten so quickly they nearly lost their club, this vid should jog memories, I reckon the Rebel Army wont let their club down.

Look where Cork were only four years ago.

2012%20League%20Table.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Look where Cork were only four years ago.

2012%20League%20Table.jpg

Looking where Dundalk were !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Look where Sligo Rovers were.

Take us back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Look where Shamrock Rovers were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Look where Drogheda were.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cool! Do I get allocated seats in Premium level or just sit anywhere? An no need to buy normal tickets on top of the ROI season tickets I presume?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Unallocated seating. Your ST will work at the Premium level entry styles.

You can enter the Stadium via the following stiles only:
    M - Purple Route via Herbert Rd
    A - Green Route via Lansdowne Rd
    X - Blue Route via Podium Entrance

Still little to no buzz in Cork for this, it might arrive after the u19 game is over tonight. Iv a feeling its going to be a seriously low key event given its between the countries top 2 teams.

Still little to no buzz in Cork for this, it might arrive after the u19 game is over tonight. Iv a feeling its going to be a seriously low key event given its between the countries top 2 teams.

Don't know about your crowd but we will bring more than we brought last year.

Love Cup Final Day, Breakfast at 10, Pint in the pub at 10.45, Bus leaves pub to Dublin 11.15, Arrive Dublin 12.30, Pints and more Pints, Into Aviva at 3, Pint, Game then either a night of cans at the square in Dundalk if we win or pints in the pub all night if we lose

Over 3,000 at the Turners Cross tonight for the U19 game against AS Roma, I think the Rebels will have plenty of support come Sunday. Expect a crowd of around 30,000 with Dundalk support up on the 12,000 that travelled last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Not many tickets on sale on ticketmaster. Are they selling section by section like they did for the Dundalk v Legia game or is there that few tickets left?

Just saw John O'Sullivan highlight it on twitter. You think they'd be trying to sell tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

howiya wrote: »
    Not many tickets on sale on ticketmaster. Are they selling section by section like they did for the Dundalk v Legia game or is there that few tickets left?

Just saw John O'Sullivan highlight it on twitter. You think they'd be trying to sell tickets
    Must be selling it section by section. Can't imagine that it is anywhere near sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Whats the Pub situation??

Ballsbridge was dead last year, whos going where? HQs etc

major bill wrote: »
    Whats the Pub situation??

Ballsbridge was dead last year, whos going where? HQs etc

A lot of Dundalk fans will be in Sean Gannon land; Irishtown. We'll leave the yuppie bars to the boys from Cork.

A lot of Dundalk fans will be in Sean Gannon land; Irishtown. We'll leave the yuppie bars to the boys from Cork.

Slatterys was packed as soon as it was open last year with both sets fans

• Advertisement

Haven't been to a Cup Final in the Aviva before. Are bars open in the ground? Presume they are just closed for Ireland qualifers?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Haven't been to a Cup Final in the Aviva before. Are bars open in the ground? Presume they are just closed for Ireland qualifers?

They're definitely open in premium

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Bars under the south stand where City fans are were open last year anyway.

Yes they are open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Tis far from bars in stadiums ye were reared. Sneak in a few cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Tis far from bars in stadiums ye were reared. Sneak in a few cans.

Random memory of some Ireland game in the Aviva. Saw an older fella have one or two sneaky cans at a game with his grandson. Stewards made an absolute show of him throwing him out. Felt pretty bad.

Looking forward to tomorrows Final between Dundalk and Cork City, too hard too call, hope its a good game and the crowd is bigger than last years 25,000 plus, north of 30,000 would be great.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/1105/829451-horgan-refusing-to-be-distracted-by-scout-talk/

Great interview from the brilliant Daryl Horgan ahead of todays FAI Cup Final in the Aviva

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/1105/829451-horgan-refusing-to-be-distracted-by-scout-talk/

Great interview from the brilliant Daryl Horgan ahead of todays FAI Cup Final in the Aviva

It's a good point, the idea that a player here should be dragged over for a kick around against a few youth players in England to judge if they are good enough is a bit insulting. If a coach can't judge ability by watching games, or videos, of players in the top tier here, then they should question their own ability to spot talent in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on you Shelbourne ladies and Dundalk afterwards!

Fub off Wexford youth's and Langer city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement