Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential IP Issue

• 19-05-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello,

I've been noticing as of late that when I post on certain sites, my nationality is recognised as someone from the UK, as opposed to Ireland.

To my knowledge, I am not using proxies. To be sure, I went about the steps of removing them, if I had one anyways.

I'm kinda stumped. It's not a pressing issue, but it's bothersome. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

With Virgin? They move IP blocks around and it can take up to two months for 3rd parties to consolidate the change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It may also be using your browser language choice, e.g en-gb and not the IP at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Quarks

Sorry for the late reply lads.

I'm actually with eircom, or eir now I guess. I don't think it's my browser because it only started doing this in the last 2 months.

Advertisement