Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Why do we ride a motorbike?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

D3V!L wrote:
    Of course they need a licence !!! Where did you get that from ?

Maybe they meant motorbike specific licence. IIRC the B licence allowed to you to also ride a scooter up to 50cc...open to correction on that though. I thought that was the case once upon a time but that has probably all changed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

Maybe they meant motorbike specific licence. IIRC the B licence allowed to you to also ride a scooter up to 50cc...open to correction on that though. I thought that was the case once upon a time but that has probably all changed now.

indeed... used to be that if you had a car licence you automatically qualified to have a scooter licence...

Anyway - my question still stands... is there a differentiation between motorcyclists and scooterists in the 'motorcycling' statistics?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

What else would I do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I have no idea ! I think I like doing things that seem challenging, and wanted to do something new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

nhur wrote: »
    indeed... used to be that if you had a car licence you automatically qualified to have a scooter licence...

Anyway - my question still stands... is there a differentiation between motorcyclists and scooterists in the 'motorcycling' statistics?

I would imagine it would be broken down by type of licence.

I once heard that although we are the most vulnerable road users statistically, a high percentage of motorcycle accidents are not the fault of the rider but more so another road user.

Just stay safe out there folks.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    I would imagine it would be broken down by type of licence.

I once heard that although we are the most vulnerable road users statistically, a high percentage of motorcycle accidents are not the fault of the rider but more so another road user.

Just stay safe out there folks.

:rolleyes: you dont say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:rolleyes: you dont say

Doesnt hurt to remind people...the heat seems to affect a lot of racers riders....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Quite simple really, it's just a better more efficient means of transport.

I can be in college in 18 minutes and work in 12. If I were in a car that would be 45 and 35 given I travel during rush hour a lot. I would then have to pay for parking and for petrol in a car carrying one person would be 3 times what I pay on the bike.

Then there is the magic of taking it for a spin on a morning off into twisties not realizing you haven't stopped in 4 hours and are starving until you hop off. I lose myself on the bike, mindfulness is real, but the only time I can achieve it is on the bike.

Advertisement