Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting PPT 2007 to Youtube video

Options
  • 20-05-2016 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Is there any easy software (preferably free and without Watermarks) that will convert a PPT with voiceover to video format for upload to Youtube. Computer has Windows 8, and the PPT is a school assignment that must be uploaded to Youtube. All advice appreciated, please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just do a Save As in PowerPoint to save as a .WMV file and then upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Don't see an option for "save as" .wmv in my Powerpoint 2007??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

ajmull wrote: »

How about Windows Media Video? I have that as a "Save As" option in Powerpoint 2010.....but it might not be in 2007.

Edit. Seems like 2007 doesn't have WMV as an option :(

You could try what's suggested here:
    https://blogs.office.com/2011/03/02/the-secret-to-converting-your-presentation-into-a-video/

Dammit! That link is for 2010

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ajmull wrote: »

Is there an Export option when you click the gold circle menu bar? Think there should be a video export option there!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

No "Export" option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cactusmania

An easy way of doing it would be to use screen recording software, such as CamStudio.
    This article explains what to do

wintips.org/how-to-convert-powerpoint-2003-2007-to-video/

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Ok, thanks for your replies... I tried downloading free PPT conversion programs but they all had big intrusive watermarks on the finished video... so then ... I saved my PPT, opened Windows Media Player and saved my voiceovers to that. Then I opened Windows Movie Maker, imported the PPT (slide by slide to make editing easier for myself), and imported the Media player files, again, one by one. I did a bit of twiddling with the timing of the images to match the timing of the voiceover, and hey, I ended up with a video... not great, but a video as required. And learned a lot in the process. Thanks for the replies. ;)

Advertisement