Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's here...May 20th....TPD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Cant stand that Vic guy, but aye, it's here, and we're still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

No difference. Bought juice today, didn't get arrested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I don't really get it. Has the legislation been transposed into Irish Law? It is identical legislation for all EU members? How can their be different implementations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

It's a directive with minimum requirements that have to be met but each country can add more restrictions on top of that.

A law without enforcement isn't much of a law at all and that's were things could get interesting. Vendors will now have to be licensed and I would presume that a vendor is threatened with loss of licence if they don't comply but then who is checking for compliance? The other area is customs and now that vaping falls under tobacco they may get quite restrictive on what they let through or charge customs duty for as there is no minimum limit on value for tobacco products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I'm wondering how this will work,ive a shipment of ecig products due to arrive this week

• Advertisement

Really tempted to buy a few litres of nicotine now. Apparently is doesn't freeze in a freezer and some places will do multiple 100ml bottles for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I'm wondering how this will work,ive a shipment of ecig products due to arrive this week

You have no worries,the TPD has stopped all ecig advertising on the 20th May,the time to panic is November & this depends how much stock Vendors will have left.If the vendor stocks up well before Nov,he can keep selling all that stock until the following May 2017

You have no worries,the TPD has stopped all ecig advertising on the 20th May,the time to panic is November & this depends how much stock Vendors will have left.If the vendor stocks up well before Nov,he can keep selling all that stock until the following May 2017

I though that was just the UK?I was onto my supplier,they said companies in Germany are stocking up

I though that was just the UK?I was onto my supplier,they said companies in Germany are stocking up

Any vendor can stock up as much as they like but when Nov hits,they cannot sell anything that is new to the market after Nov...

chipfox wrote: »
    Really tempted to buy a few litres of nicotine now. Apparently is doesn't freeze in a freezer and some places will do multiple 100ml bottles for ya

My freezer is well stocked up with pg/vg & nic...

• Advertisement

Any vendor can stock up as much as they like but when Nov hits,they cannot sell anything that is new to the market after Nov...

Ah okay,i have tanks on the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

chipfox wrote: »
    I don't really get it. Has the legislation been transposed into Irish Law? It is identical legislation for all EU members? How can their be different implementations?

Yes the TPD is now transposed to Irish Law.http://health.gov.ie/blog/press-release/minister-for-health-simon-harris-signs-european-tobacco-products-directive-into-irish-law/
    No its not identical in all EU states, the UK for example had adopted a very light touch set of regulations, Belgium and Austria have imposed 4000 euro product registration fees, yes 4000! Other states have added public use bans and internet sales bans to their regulations.
    While not as loose as the UK Ireland have basically cut n pasted the tpd as written, what they have yet to do is set up the standards and procedures so until the running in period ends, 12 months I think, all we will see is a running down of over 20mg and over 10ml juice stock.
    We wont see any new product as theirs no way to authorize it yet and then their will be a 6 month wait for it to come to market. This might impact product already on the shelves being restocked so lets hope suppliers have plenty.
    Their will be no more TV, radio, or print advertising, in store and on a vendors website are fine for now. Flavors are fine for now. tanks and clearos over 2ml will run out as stock is sold, once gone they are gone! .

We need to buy more tanks that have an RBA deck cos the stock coils will eventually disappear.

We need to buy more tanks that have an RBA deck cos the stock coils will eventually disappear.

The new tanks I have ordered are 2ml to comply with tpd

Business Plan:

Sell 66ml + 33ml Bottles of lovely flavoured VG. These bottles will contain 56ml or 26ml of flavour - can be used for anything a customer likes. We only sell for kitchen use and have nothing to do with e-cigs. We have 100's of flavour combos and add many more whenever we want.

We hear some users buy 10ml bottles of 20mg unflavoured nicotine from e-cig vendors and add it to our flavouring bottles. They then shake it up good and have a nice 66ml or 33ml bottle of juice with 3mg or 6mg of nic. We don't approve of this!

Poor e-cig people - Buy and enjoy our flavours in your kitchen. Kitchen use only - that's all we do!

8mm wrote: »
    Business Plan:

Sell 66ml + 33ml Bottles of lovely flavoured VG. These bottles will contain 56ml or 26ml of flavour - can be used for anything a customer likes. We only sell for kitchen use and have nothing to do with e-cigs. We have 100's of flavour combos and add many more whenever we want.

We hear some users buy 10ml bottles of 20mg unflavoured nicotine from e-cig vendors and add it to our flavouring bottles. They then shake it up good and have a nice 66ml or 33ml bottle of juice with 3mg or 6mg of nic. We don't approve of this!

Poor e-cig people - Buy and enjoy our flavours in your kitchen. Kitchen use only - that's all we do!

Reminds me of eBay sellers selling poppy heads for "flower arranging\decoration"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Business Plan:

Some companies have started doing this already, this is an email I got last week.

Chefs Vapour to Chefs Flavours
    As you may be aware, the ridiculous TPD comes in to play on the 20th May 2016, we have made the decision to split the site in to two.

As of Monday 23rd May 2016, Chefs Vapour will sell all nicotine containing products and our new site Chefs Flavours will sell flavourings, PG, VG, and all other DIY supplies.

You will need to re-register on the new Chefs Flavours website which we know is a pain but we do have a lovely discount code for you to use when you create you new account. Put 'chefsflavours' in the discount box for 20% off your first order.

We also have some great new concentrates going on the site on Monday and some are exclusive to Chefs Flavours.

We hope you like the new site and understand the reasons behind it :)

Happy Mixing!

Indeed silly laws that they are.

2ml max tanks? How about a 3-part tank with the bottom that holds the atomiser, the top with the drip-tip and the 2ml middle section. BTW we sell replacement middle sections and oh we hear some of our customers connect and stack these middle sections to increase their juice capacity to 4ml.. 6ml.. and so on. We don't recommend this as we only sell 2ml tanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

I strongly thinking of investing in 8mm's business , are you listed on the stock exchange :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Indeed silly laws that they are.

2ml max tanks? How about a 3-part tank with the bottom that holds the atomiser, the top with the drip-tip and the 2ml middle section. BTW we sell replacement middle sections and oh we hear some of our customers connect and stack these middle sections to increase their juice capacity to 4ml.. 6ml.. and so on. We don't recommend this as we only sell 2ml tanks ;)

I thought about this too, there's nothing to stop sites selling separate glass for tanks, which increase the capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I thought about this too, there's nothing to stop sites selling separate glass for tanks, which increase the capacity.

This is the situation in the UK, replacement parts for tanks do not have to be authorised. We don't know if the Irish regulations will be as lienient. They could insist all parts be notified including drip tips.

Going down the head shop route as predicted... It's not drugs, it's just a 30 euro baggie of white powder that you put in the bath.

chefsflavours..... my god. At least they'll be doing a 20% discount. They have a wide range of stuff, too bad the site isn't up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, pointless restrictions made by people who haven't a clue what they are doing in general even less in relation to vaping.

redkid wrote: »
    The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, pointless restrictions made by people who haven't a clue what they are doing in general even less in relation to vaping.

If there is one thing the EU do well(overkill) is regulations...33.30

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

As a major player within this industry in Ireland and Europe i can safely say that the TPD will not stop us!!!!
    Business will continue as normal but with a few changes, we have a found a few ways around things, expect 2016 and 2017 to be awesome years for the industry once again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

As a major player within this industry in Ireland and Europe i can safely say that the TPD will not stop us!!!!
    Business will continue as normal but with a few changes, we have a found a few ways around things, expect 2016 and 2017 to be awesome years for the industry once again!

L5iwSS.jpg

Hardly be worth it now,its bad enough with customs and handling fees

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Hardly be worth it now,its bad enough with customs and handling fees

Won't have any need for importing stuff soon ;)

Won't have any need for importing stuff soon ;)

Throw in the VAT rate (unless you live in Luxembourg and enjoy 17%) and online fees,its hardly worth it,lot of work importing,packing and sending to customers for what you are left with...now throw in some good ol EU regulations. big business loves regulations,drives smaller business under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jarek

so it's happening now, Finland's restrictions for example:

[10:15]
    Petri Mäntysalo
    13 hrs
    Yesterday Finnish parliament passed (one of the) most stringent adaptation of TPD: all other flavors than tobacco are banned, cross-border AND domestic distant sales are banned, it is allowed to bring one 10ml bottle of e-liquid from abroad with you (you need to spend at least 24 hours outside of Finland), no grace period for present equipment that doesn't meet the TPD standards etc...
    And today they announced that from January 1st 2017 there will be 3€ sin tax for a 10ml bottle of e-juice (nicotine or not)! So "think of children" and "save the citizens' health" turned out to be just a scheme to be able to tax the citizens...

more on fb / EVUN - European Vapers United Network

Advertisement