Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with home desktop pc.

• 20-05-2016 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone to check out my home desktop pc?

I reinstalled Windows 7 and I can't get the sound working. Probably a software

issue with installing drivers but I can't sort it.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

tippman1 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone to check out my home desktop pc?

I reinstalled Windows 7 and I can't get the sound working. Probably a software

issue with installing drivers but I can't sort it.

Any advice appreciated.

Try instaling driver booster, that will run a scan and update any drivers that are out of date, if not try going to the website of the pc and download the drivers from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Did that.....no joy.

Getting error 10 codes. "Driver installed but device cannot start" I have uninstalled and re-installed the offending components several times but it's "error 10" that I can't crack. Also "No audio playback device installed" even though my system is exactly as it was before I re-installed Windows 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Get into device manager and find the offending device and first try to update driver and if not then just uninstall it after making note of the name of it.

On the top bar then find add or remove hardware and it should do a search. / It could say "Scan for Hardware Changes". I'm working off Win 10 right now and My Win 7 is in the Jeep and it's raining so bugger that going out.

If not then onto a plan b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Berty, I've covered that bit with no joy. Basically the prob is: several drivers won't install and the audio hardware isn't even detected. Windows keeps telling me "the best drivers are already installed" but "the device cannot start"

I've spent a day trying all the possible solutions and searched the web but I now need a pro to investigate as it's beyond my (limited) ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

tippman1 wrote: »
    Berty, I've covered that bit with no joy. Basically the prob is: several drivers won't install and the audio hardware isn't even detected. Windows keeps telling me "the best drivers are already installed" but "the device cannot start"

I've spent a day trying all the possible solutions and searched the web but I now need a pro to investigate as it's beyond my (limited) ability.

pm sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement