Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with homepage on Wordpress; Mystile theme

• 20-05-2016 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm using the Mystile theme through WooCommerce - I deleted the original "home page" fully and now my custom logo doesn't link back to "home" any more, even though I have a new home page created. Is there a way to give the logo an external link i.e the new homepage? For some images on the site I'm able to link them to another page but there's no option for this for the logo.
    Now it goes to localhost/DJKendo instead of of localhost/DJKendo/home

I'm not using a child theme so I'm afraid to do any editing per se to theme on WP.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Is the original "home page" in the Trash? If so then you should be able to restore it.
    Now it goes to localhost/DJKendo instead of of localhost/DJKendo/home
    Is the new home page set up as the front page in Settings/Reading?
    I'm not using a child theme so I'm afraid to do any editing per se to theme on WP.
    I recommend creating one so that you can make changes without fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

daymobrew wrote: »

Is the new home page set up as the front page in Settings/Reading?

That was the problem, when I deleted the original homepage the "new one" defaulted to a page containing the latest posts. I've changed that now back to static page and my home page :)
    daymobrew wrote: »

It's something I may do in the near future but for now just want to get the site sorted out.

Thanks for your help with that Damo. I was lost altogether!

Advertisement