Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you (or do you know) a Network Ninja?

Options
  • 20-05-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

(Cross-post from the Job Vacancies thread in Work forum, hoping to bring this vacancy to the attention of members in this forum)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99771498&postcount=330

Our Irish-owned company, based in Dublin 3, is looking to hire someone with strong, strong networking experience, details below.

We've recently been awarded some Tech Excellence, Great Place to Work and Microsoft awards. We have a fast paced culture where the emphasis is on doing things right. This is a company where people tend to stay for a long time and further their careers.

Please PM me with your contact details and a brief career summary/linkedin page.

Network Engineer Level 3

The primary duty of you in this Network Engineer Role is to design, install and support network services internally and externally to client companies.

Main Responsibilities:

-Design Networks to meet Customer Requirements
    -Configure, Install, Test, Commission and Document new network installations
    -Install, Commission and Document Security Solutions for customers
    -Install Commission and Document Voice Solutions
    -Carry out Network Audits
    -Provide Post-Sales Support to Customers
    -Provide Pre-Sales Support to Sales Team
    -Assist with Installation and Maintenance of Ergo Network Operations Centre and Customer Managed Network Services

Required Skills (In depth knowledge of some or all of the following)

-STP, VLAN
    -HSRP, VRRP
    -Switching and Routing
    -BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
    -VPN, IPSEC, SSL VPN
    -Voice over IP
    -Wireless technologies
    -Firewall technologies
    -Authentication, Authorisation RADIUS
    -Network Management and Monitoring, SNMP
    -Minimum 10 years relevant experience in a similar role
    -Proven track record of designing, implementing and supporting networks based on HP, Cisco, Extreme or Juniper equipment
    -Strong troubleshooting abilities.
    -Strong communication verbal and written
    -Multitasking – be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
    -Certifications in Networking/Security technologies, such as HP MASE, ASE, JNCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE, CISSP are desirable but not essential

PM me for contact details; there is a referral bonus which I would be pleased to share.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mod note:

the user does have approval for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

So why is the thread still up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Spear wrote: »
    Mod note:

the user does have approval for this.
    degsie wrote: »
    So why is the thread still up?

Because Spear and myself are cool with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'd rather put my balls in a vice, it would be a more pleasurable experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I'd rather put my balls in a vice, it would be a more pleasurable experience.

That's not something I would recommend...

Can people avoid **** posting? If you have nothing constructive to add usw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

rmacm wrote: »
    That's not something I would recommend...

Can people avoid **** posting? If you have nothing constructive to add usw.

If that company wants to advert their role on a message board(without referencing an actual pay scale), rather then you know, pay a recruitment agency like anybody else would for a role at that level. Then it should be fair game for anybody to express their opinion on taking up the job. Negative or positive. Otherwise they could stick to the usual job search websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 losts

In fairness they are just trying to split the bonus which is grand, but as an aside, I'd never work for someone who asks for a ninja, we're engineers and that's it. this ninja and guru stuff is just getting tiring..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Post a rough salary figure or you're just wasting everyone's time, including your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 losts

for that spec it would want to be 65k min including the pre and post sales aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Apologies for missing the replies to this thread.

The 'network ninja' thing is just my idea, it's not part of the official job ad. The job is advertised with the normal websites, my reasons for posting here are to (a) help my colleagues in recruitment and (b) possibly help 1 person in this forum that's looking for a new job and of course (c) maybe earn a share of a referral $$.

moc moc a moc & losts I don't know the salary details for this role, but I'll ask for the range and then PM it to you when I get it in a few days. I'm away from work myself this week (holidays, far away), so it may take me a little longer than normal.

Cuddlesworth, I'll take your word for it regarding how this role compares with placing your balls in a vice but we won't be looking for any evidence of such skills during the recruitment process.

There's a a good chance the the endorphin release you attain when opening the vice will in fact fall short of the sense of satisfaction and achievement on offer when you nail your networking part in a 200 day project but this is just a job we're advertising and not a lifestyle. Your mileage may vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

@lost & moc moc a moc, I got a fairly standard answer to the salary question. Answer is that salary depends on experience and 65k for this role is possible for the right candidate.

Advertisement