Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air conditioning/regassing nationwide

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Just bring it to an air con guy. Probably 80 for a recharge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Just bring it to an air con guy. Probably 80 for a recharge.

It was a mistake of my own, I never ran the engine with the gauge hooked up to the port so it showed full, when engine was started it dropped down to low level, I topped it up myself with recharge gas bottle. But I did notice after doing that the compressor clutch was cycling on and off. Is this normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mk7r

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    It was a mistake of my own, I never ran the engine with the gauge hooked up to the port so it showed full, when engine was started it dropped down to low level, I topped it up myself with recharge gas bottle. But I did notice after doing that the compressor clutch was cycling on and off. Is this normal?

Its really not possible to do ac work yourself, bring it to a pro with a recovery machine. A/C works off weight not pressures as they will fluctuate depending on temp and humidity.
    Some cars will cycle the compressors others don't, it may be over pressuring and turning off or over temp etc

The only way to know how much gas is in the system is to drain it out and weigh it and then refill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

A/c systems measure the gas pressure and if all the gas is gone they won't operate the compressor at all. The reason for this is done is to prevent damage running system with no gas.

So now you have added gas, it may start working again. If it's still not working and you have an odb reader it might be worth having a look for A/C related errors.

A suggested also an expert will have the parts and experience to diagnose and fix an issues, including the environmentally friendly gas removal machines.

There are different gasses used in newer vehicles too, so you need to check

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Same issue. Anyone know A/C service in Limerick area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

my aircon ain't working either....the pipes within the engine bay are cold to the touch, but no cold air blowing through the cabin vents :confused:

anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mynameistom

Hi,

been told the air con condensing radiator needs replacing on my ix35.

I only got it regassed last year as air con wasnt working they didnt say anything about condensing radiator damaged,

so will obviously have to get it regassed aswell as replacing the condensing radiator.

How much should that all cost incl. VAt ?

does anybody know if there is much work in replacing one of these ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I only got it regassed last year as air con wasnt working they didnt say anything about condensing radiator damaged

Unless they added fluorescent dye then and it was inspected again after some time, they wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mynameistom

Unless they added fluorescent dye then and it was inspected again after some time, they wouldn't know.

they didnt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Got my VW Golf re-gassed today, I was expecting it to be around €60 but ended up paying €180. First time getting this car done and I forgot it takes r1234yf instead of r134a. It ain't exactly cheap to get done anymore but worth it all the same. First time this car has had it done in five years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Where around Kildare / Laois for aircon check and regas? Thanks

is there any online shop based in Ireland that i can purchase a condenser ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭westgolf

Galway area update, Radfix in liosbaun industrial estate. In, diagnostic, regassed, tested and out in an hour. €170 in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Answering my own question🙄

Car Max in Monasterevin checked and regassed my Sorento for €100, which included an anti bacterial/air freshener treatment.

Freezing in the car now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just got my aircon serviced at the AutoAircon place. There was a good few people there first thing in the morning, but I was in and out in 20 minutes I'd say. AC is back and kicking, I'll have to bring the Octavia out and get it done too.

anyone ever use STP Superseal? for aircon leaks..any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Apologies if this has been asked recently, but any recommendations for air-con repair/leak detection in Cork?

We have an 07 Superb, and the AC only seemed to last a few months last time it was regassed. Main dealer couldn't find the leak, though I'm not sure how thorough a job they did.

Advertisement