Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    According to the Bungie gamescom schedule there will be a group of peasants playing the game - Generic won't be impressed by that!

No Broman?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nevelator wrote: »
    According to the Bungie gamescom schedule there will be a group of peasants playing the game - Generic won't be impressed by that!

Makes sense - get community players to play the new crucible mode/features - to show it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

No Broman?

I still remember the PoE stream reveal and the hearing test I booked afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »
    I still remember the PoE stream reveal and the hearing test I booked afterwards.

It's Bromigul, silence his screams!
    1J3nKYa.png

HYPE HYPE HYPE!

• Advertisement

Private match making - announced right off the bat.

Private matchmaking confirmed.
    New Exotic LMG called Nemesis Star
    First RoI Iron Banner is Supremacy.
    Appears to be a slight ui change to the radar, function remains identical.

Private match making - announced right off the bat.

Stuck in work. This eases the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hey! That guy is on my friends list! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Boards tournament? :pac:

• Advertisement

Private matches not looking that customisable.

Map, game type, light level enablement - seemed to be the main ones. Didn't see anything that indicated being able to pick weapon types, for example.

First Rise of Iron "Iron Banner" will be Supremacy.

You can kick off a private match on your own - so you will be able to explore the maps in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Guy on stream actually has zero game sense!

AdamD wrote: »
    Guy on stream actually has zero game sense!

Yep - shoot them? Nah, nope, maybe, ok - no, dead.

Yep - shoot them? Nah, nope, maybe, ok - no, dead.

Lets sprint straight at a shotgunner to shoot him with my handcannon :pac:

the lighting on the new maps looks fantastic.

Private matches available to all on next gen. you don't need rise of iron - though I would assume you won't have access to maps from content you have not bought (they haven't elaborated on the maps point)

Clan roster is seemingly in the game with Rise of Iron.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/765601248712142848

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Encouraging people to go "Next Gen" by offering a discount on the RoI collectors edition for having the Last Gen versions is a decent move

• Advertisement

The Iron Lord armor (i'm assuming its iron lord - the flaming stuff) looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Looks pretty savage alright. Liking that IB Monte Carlo look. Is that a Sleeper Simulant esque Raid scout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Is that a Sleeper Simulant esque Raid scout?

The black one? I put it down as a sniper, cross between SS and the NM one looks wise. It'll sound awesome that's for sure.

Looks pretty savage alright. Liking that IB Monte Carlo look. Is that a Sleeper Simulant esque Raid scout?
    dudeeile wrote: »
    The black one? I put it down as a sniper, cross between SS and the NM one looks wise. It'll sound awesome that's for sure.

I think that might be the effects of an Ornament. It was mentioned in one of the GI articles that one Ornament can make your weapon look SS like.

I think that might be the effects of an Ornament. It was mentioned in one of the GI articles that one Ornament can make your weapon look SS like.

I saw a pic of the ornaments on the Hawkmoon last night. Does it not take from it's uniqueness to throw a bit of slap on and pimp it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I saw a pic of the ornaments on the Hawkmoon last night. Does it not take from it's uniqueness to throw a bit of slap on and pimp it up?

No.

Here-in lies the problem. We still don't know the ins and outs of Ornaments. Watched the ViDoc this morning from Gamescon, and yes, on some weapons it was just a colour palette change, yet on Armnour, the Ornaments added flaming stuff and wings and $hit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »

I think its actually a pulse, check out this video at 11:17 and you see it firing in burst mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPj1t194Lc

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think its actually a pulse, check out this video at 11:17 and you see it firing in burst mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPj1t194Lc

Yer man from planet destiny was saying that it was the pulse on his summary video. I like the mini seekers/swarm/yokes that you get for a precision kill with it.

• Advertisement

the burst fire side arm looks interesting - "Dead or Alive, you are coming with me".

Advertisement