Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

nevelator wrote: »
    Yer man from planet destiny was saying that it was the pulse on his summary video. I like the mini seekers/swarm/yokes that you get for a precision kill with it.

Wasn't that the gun that the community on Reddit came up with essentially?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Wasn't that the gun that the community on Reddit came up with essentially?

Yeah pretty much. It's practically a 1:1 realisation of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only a month away..... its gonna be worse than waiting for christmas morning :P

The new Strike looks interesting too. Ogre eye on a weapon, and the poor blind Ogre trying to Hulk Smash you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The new Strike looks interesting too. Ogre eye on a weapon, and the poor blind Ogre trying to Hulk Smash you.

Planet Destiny have a vid of it - Holtzman played it last week. You can watch the entire strike if you want. I listened to his impressions, but skipped through the actual strike part of the vid.

• Advertisement

Planet Destiny have a vid of it - Holtzman played it last week. You can watch the entire strike if you want. I listened to his impressions, but skipped through the actual strike part of the vid.

Yeah seen the link on Reddit. Rather just go in blind. A little snippet like the ViDoc is fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Only a month away..... its gonna be worse than waiting for christmas morning :P

Battlefield BETA out end of August. Something to keep you busy until ROI drops.

Assuming you like BF that is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

He does, he'll be fine. Its not like the wait from the Beta till the orginal launch - that was a real stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

PlainP wrote: »

And Titanfall2 Beta(ish) out Friday

Memory of Felwinter Artifact - Lose your Super, gain second grenade and melee charge. Boost to stats.

Just watched a vid MrFruit did, and he says MoF STACKS with other perks. Armamentarium Titans MIGHT have 3 grenades.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PlainP wrote: »

Mcsirl wrote: »
    And Titanfall2 Beta(ish) out Friday

Dear god I forgot all about these 2...... Its going to be a busy winter :P

Memory of Felwinter Artifact - Lose your Super, gain second grenade and melee charge. Boost to stats.

Just watched a vid MrFruit did, and he says MoF STACKS with other perks. Armamentarium Titans MIGHT have 3 grenades.

A hunter with 3 trip mine grenades? THREE!? OH MY! I suck with golden gun too... so might be an okay trade off.

Pity/good thing the super won't charge (and just not usable) though - or a sunsinging warlock with Tlaloc could be game breaking....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Vague Vault Space promises thingy
    With old weapons now capable of being infused up to the new Light level cap, the need to stack old favorites has intensified - and with it, the need for Vault space.

While Taylor did not go into detail on exactly how his team would be beefing up available slots, we'll hopefully have more details in one of the early updates to Rise of Iron when it launches on September 20.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/08/17/gamescom-2016-bungie-promises-destiny-rise-of-iron-vault-space-improvements

Gonna have to do a weapon purge.... near completely full. Ugh.

Have a ton of armor too but it will be junked for marks once RoI hits and I start buying vendor weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey all,

Dudeeille dropped some great advice on Sat night (really... hear me out).
    Keep your Iron Banner gold bounties and Trials weekly bounties - you can store up legendary Marks for Rise of Iron.

With Iron Banner, you can store 75 marks per character.
    With Trials you can store 50 marks per character.

For 3 characters that's 375 marks stored, on top of the 200 you can keep - 575 marks ready for Rise of Iron :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Hey all,

Dudeeille dropped some great advice on Sat night (really... hear me out).
    Keep your Iron Banner gold bounties and Trials weekly bounties - you can store up legendary Marks for Rise of Iron.

With Iron Banner, you can store 75 marks per character.
    With Trials you can store 50 marks per character.

For 3 characters that's 375 marks stored, on top of the 200 you can keep - 575 marks ready for Rise of Iron :)

Also worth holding off on dismantling legendary items until the ROI is released. If you unlock all nodes they are worth 5 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Just booked the 20th off at work. Sa-weeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PetKing wrote: »

If it's like all the rest of the DLC it won't be released until evening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You'd be better off asking for Wednesday.

You'd be better off asking for Wednesday.

It could release at reset on the 20th. Taken King and April update did IIRC, House of Wolves was 6pm or so though. think it is a 50/50 shot so far.

• Advertisement

It could release at reset on the 20th. Taken King and April update did IIRC, House of Wolves was 6pm or so though. think it is a 50/50 shot so far.

Ah balls, maybe I'll swap to Wednesday so to be on the safe side.

Yeah, The lads are right, it'll be a 6PM launch. Wednesday would be the better option. Imagine taking the day off, not being able to do anything until 6, and then having to go back to work the following day.

Up to yourself. But personally I'd rather Wednesday then the off chance of sitting around till 6pm.

I would imagine in the lead up they will announce when the switch will be flipped.

The lads are right, it'll be a 6PM launch.

This is not confirmed - it could just as easily be 10am.

This is not confirmed - it could just as easily be 10am.

True, but have they done rolling region releases? Honestly can't remember. Everything recently has been a Global one and done deal, so 10am Pacific = 6PM BST/7 CET.

True, but have they done rolling region releases? Honestly can't remember. Everything recently has been a Global one and done deal, so 10am Pacific = 6PM BST/7 CET.

TTK released at reset.

Can't remember when the April Update went live - but even if it went live at 6pm that is still only 50% of the "recent" release.

PSN in the US has, according to Reddit, it down as a reset release.

One of the produces said 2am (reset) when talking to IGN on FireTeam Chat the other day.

I'm not saying or claiming 10am is the confirmed time of release, but right now it is as likely (if not more so) than 6pm so stating a 6pm launch as fact is incorrect until Bungie confirm it one way or the other.

Changed the day off to a Wednesday. I'm tied in now :o

Changed the day off to a Wednesday. I'm tied in now :o

Don't blame me if it all goes wrong. I'm just a simple culchie.

• Advertisement

I read an article yesterday (can't remember where) where the raid designers discussed wrath of the machine (WOTM??) It seems they're planning to move the raid back towards the style of VoG and CE in so far as it's a fight of survival / hoards and less of the mechancics of NF. Seeminhly you can over level for the boss encounter too with the right gear and weapons. The mechanics of NF where a death at Oryx essentially meant a wipe, and it seems this will not necessarily be the case here. (Blue orbing making a come back :D )

Suppose I'd like to see a happy medium of both. It's very satisfying to down Oryx first run when all the mechancics cooperate, can be soul destroying at the same time when genuine glitching plays a factor.

Personal observation: that raid gear is fecking SNAZZY!!!! :O

Advertisement