Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    I read an article yesterday (can't remember where) where the raid designers discussed wrath of the machine (WOTM??) It seems they're planning to move the raid back towards the style of VoG and CE in so far as it's a fight of survival / hoards and less of the mechancics of NF. Seeminhly you can over level for the boss encounter too with the right gear and weapons. The mechanics of NF where a death at Oryx essentially meant a wipe, and it seems this will not necessarily be the case here. (Blue orbing making a come back :D )

Suppose I'd like to see a happy medium of both. It's very satisfying to down Oryx first run when all the mechancics cooperate, can be soul destroying at the same time when genuine glitching plays a factor.

Personal observation: that raid gear is fecking SNAZZY!!!! :O

Nev was telling us about this last night during the raid. He will be delighted with the blue orbing coming back into it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I read an article yesterday (can't remember where)

One thing from that article that has really stuck with me:

"In this raid you get to .... smash $hit into other $hit". They are swinging the pendulum back towards the "Fun" side of the spectrum. Really looking forward to trying it out.

Also, watched a Datto vid (I know I know) where he was running down through all the weapons and armour for RoI. He touched on the pulse rifle [go to 4:24 in vid](The one that was basically designed on reddit), and it looked to be Gjallaharn v1 levels of power. Those seeking globs on headshot kills where putting out some serious damage numbers (542 per glob, with what looks like 8 globs in total). He speculated that this could be a Raid Exotic, as it seems to be a bit too OP for a Raid Legendary. I'm sure it'll have it's numbers tweaked before final release, but it looked very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm very worried about that Pulse in PVP - it could be near game breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Gonna step (slightly) into the Datto defence corner. His vids on stats, comparisons, and perks can be quite good. There's less personal (whinging) opinion and more facts for you to digest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Personal observation: that raid gear is fecking SNAZZY!!!! :O

Yep, raid gear looks great. I didn't really like the aesthetics of the gear from Crota or Oryx (CE hunter helm being the only exception).
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nev was telling us about this last night during the raid. He will be delighted with the blue orbing coming back into it haha

Blue orbing is where it's at. I think I only blue orbed once at the War priest and ye we were able to kill him then. :D

Yeah, pulse looks great for PVE. The damage and seeker count will surely get nerfed/scaled back for PVP, maybe the tracking distance also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Remember the riad etc you can be overpowered, so what if the video of the pulse is when they are OP for PvE but it should scale properly on PvP,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gonna step (slightly) into the Datto defence corner. His vids on stats, comparisons, and perks can be quite good. There's less personal (whinging) opinion and more facts for you to digest.

I never said his videos weren't informative. I still check them out as they put all the info in one tidy place without tonnes of cr@p talking and graphics and music and the likes.

If you never, ever watched his videos on the KF Challenge modes and the subsequent weeks of hand wringing, teen angst, passive aggressiveness, then you are better off and will like his content more.

I simply lost (some) respect for him because 1) he is a moaning entitled prat in those videos and more importantly 2) didn't have the strength of character to stand over his own opinions in the aftermath of those videos.

Really a blot on the copybook of overall good work, chalk it down to him being (maybe) young enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He's a knobhead but he was right about the challenge modes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Not unless it uses heavy ammo.

• Advertisement

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

He means if it's an archetype that slots into a non archetype weapon slot. Primary Sniper? Primary Shottie? Heavy Fusion?

Is it a Heavy Pulse? Nope. Video shows it's a Primary as the character is also rocking a Fusion Secondary and Rocket Launcher Heavy.

At the moment it just appears to be OP'd.

EDIT: Just looked at video again, and a Headshot deals 2749 damage. So, until we know the circumstances in which this weapon is being used and under what conditions, everything is just speculation. It does have Outlaw too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Well it is an Exotic. I'm sure those swarm rounds will only perk under certain conditions anways which will hopefully keep it balanced.

Well it is an Exotic. I'm sure those swarm rounds will only perk under certain conditions anways which will hopefully keep it balanced.

Didn't they announce it was headshot kills proc'd it?

Unless the perk is headshot kills on minions of darkness it will cause PvP problems.

This is all in the BUNGIE TEST ENVIRONMENT

I'm pretty sure they won't release a pulse rifle that can burn a deity down in 3 bursts

Unless the perk is headshot kills on minions of darkness it will cause PvP problems.

I was wondering if it's only critical shots on Splicer Fallen.

Cormac... wrote: »
    This is all in the BUNGIE TEST ENVIRONMENT

There's no need to shout.

I was wondering if it's only critical shots on Splicer Fallen.

They did mention that it would proc on Headshot Kills. Can't remember for certain, but I THINK they said it was a 'Chance to Proc'. Whether it's Minions of the Darkness / Splicer only is uncertain.

And they will most probably reduce the damage numbers before final release. I don't think they'd get themselves into Gally 1.0 again.

Some lovely images of the new Armour available from RoI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

of the new Armour available from RoI.

It's all gorgeous. I want it all :O

• Advertisement

Finally armour designed for cat lovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm liking the woolly stuff.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm liking the woolly stuff.
    Baaaaaa

Baaaaaa

Your mind works wonky

Baaaaaa

Your mind works wonky
    It works Willy Wonky.

Eh.......

It works Willy Wonky.

Eh.......

Maybe...Weally Wonky

It works Willy Wonky.

Eh.......

Maybe...Weally Wonky

Yeah, let's go with that. Doesn't lead to so many questions. Yeah. Weally Wonky.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Was never a fan of the Crota/Oryx armour sets, but that WOTM and Iron Lord Hunter sets are gorgeous.

Yeah, The lads are right, it'll be a 6PM launch. Wednesday would be the better option. Imagine taking the day off, not being able to do anything until 6, and then having to go back to work the following day.
    I pre ordered this Friday night and the count down timer on PSN has it releasing on the 20th at 10am, with expected download on the 18th.

• Advertisement

I pre ordered this Friday night and the count down timer on PSN has it releasing on the 20th at 10am, with expected download on the 18th.

Maintenance on the Sunday beforehand then.

Advertisement