Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Whats this all about ? Do any of ye still have this gun and is it possible to get it back without deleting/starting a new character ?

I don't have it.

The quest to obtain the exotic version is started by either finding something(s) out in the plaguelands or via junking the original version in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Scouts - not touched.
    Pulse Rifles - buffs
    Hand Cannons - not touched.
    Auto Rifles - buffs

Fusions - not touched.
    Side Arms - buffs.
    Snipers - massive nerf.
    Shotguns - not sure.

Rockets - changed.
    LMG - one small buff, no nerfs.

Not sure how you can say that is mostly nerfs. They have made a lot of changes, it isn't mostly nerfs.

As for Snipers - I don't see why you shouldn't need to use a high impact sniper to one shot a max armor guardian during their super (which generally has a armor buff).
    They've nerfed some meta weapons. They've buffed some non-meta weapons (none seem enough to really change much). Most of the buffs are fairly irrelevant, hence me focusing on the nerfs. I mean buffing Lyudmilas fire rate really won't effect special weapon dominance.

The sniper change was just bizarre, it was a high skill move that was fairly uncommon and they've removed it. It seems like they're happy with the current slow TTK and utter uselessness of primaries and dominance of specials, which is very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Probably the sidearm I want the most. While it will probably be disappointing think I will decrypt my exotic secondaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    They've nerfed some meta weapons. They've buffed some non-meta weapons (none seem enough to really change much). Most of the buffs are fairly irrelevant, hence me focusing on the nerfs. I mean buffing Lyudmilas fire rate really won't effect special weapon dominance.

The sniper change was just bizarre, it was a high skill move that was fairly uncommon and they've removed it. It seems like they're happy with the current slow TTK and utter uselessness of primaries and dominance of specials, which is very worrying.

Snipers where still too effective at ridiculous close ranges. Every other weapon type, when ADS and shot, you'd loose your target. Snipers? Not so much. They should be effective at long range and really $hit at close range, middling at mid range. This wasn't the case really.

Snipers where still too effective at ridiculous close ranges. Every other weapon type, when ADS and shot, you'd loose your target. Snipers? Not so much. They should be effective at long range and really $hit at close range, middling at mid range. This wasn't the case really.
    I was talking about not being able to snipe people out of supers. A bizarre change IMO. Not overly bothered by the flinch change.

As for being **** at close to medium range? Not completely sold on them being purely long range weapons when all of the maps are extremely small with cover everywhere to jump between making it extremely easy to play within effective shotgun range.

Really I'd rather they just buff primaries so that both shotguns and snipers can be countered effectively.

• Advertisement

I was talking about not being able to snipe people out of supers. A bizarre change IMO. Not overly bothered by the flinch change.

As for being **** at close to medium range? Not completely sold on them being purely long range weapons when all of the maps are extremely small with cover everywhere to jump between making it extremely easy to play within effective shotgun range.

Really I'd rather they just buff primaries so that both shotguns and snipers can be countered effectively.

Is it not just the high impact ones now that can 1 shot a super? I'm ok with that, and I enjoyed sniping someone who just popped hammers or palpatine.

UR got it's range perk reduced by 75% I think, so will probably see less of that. Shotgunning Titans will still be a thing due to unstoppable. Maybe reduce the bonus damage reduction there to mitigate it somewhat.

What is the problem with nerfing the meta guns, if I accept that is what they have done?

Should the meta guns remain as the meta forever? Should there not be an attempt to dial back on guns that have taken over?

Thorn isn't really meta, and its send it perk was OP imo (as a Thorn lover!). Its DoT information still very usefull and an effective gun in handcannon range.

The Last Word is certainly meta at the moment - not touched.

Universal remote - a broken gun imo - needing fixing. Will have to see how the changes pan out.

Dregs Promise - certainly not meta.
    Boolean - certainly not meta (buffed)
    NTTE - certainly not meta (buffed)

Seriously - take out the Sniper rifle nerfs (which I agree are huge) what exactly are your issues with the 'mostly nerfs'?

Universal Remote and Snipers are the only weapons I can see have been negatively effected from a meta standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

It's a bit of an odd decision to remove them I will admit.

Anyone hopped on yet? Seeing a lot of complaints about some grainy overlay to the graphics on the game - wasn't evident in any stream of the new content (Ride Alongs, Crucible reveal etc) so hoping it is a bug that will be squashed in short order.

I hopped on this morning. Didn't notice anything graphically wrong.
    nevelator wrote:
    Also, they were a handy way to complete the shaxx bounties. It wouldn't be so bad if they auto-completed them rather than removing them.

Oh god are the Shaxx bounties still there? Had his weekly done on all 3

jonnycivic wrote:
    Time to farm Coe as soon as xur arrives

I'm up for drinks and farming! :D

Is it not just the high impact ones now that can 1 shot a super? I'm ok with that, and I enjoyed sniping someone who just popped hammers or palpatine.

UR got it's range perk reduced by 75% I think, so will probably see less of that. Shotgunning Titans will still be a thing due to unstoppable. Maybe reduce the bonus damage reduction there to mitigate it somewhat.

Yes - A high impact sniper can still shut down a super. I don't see why AdamD is so angry a non-high impact super can't one shot a maximum armor guardian at their most powerful. It also doesn't mean a med-high can't do it anymore anyway - if a guardian isn't max armor they can still be taken out - how many run at MAX armor.

I decrypted on exotic this morning for the craic. Got a 335 Tarantella :(
    Got a 300 helm of inmost light from a blue. Looking forward to getting more stuck in later. Super soft launch for the hype win!

• Advertisement

Its just Black Spindle
    What is the problem with nerfing the meta guns, if I accept that is what they have done?

Should the meta guns remain as the meta forever? Should there not be an attempt to dial back on guns that have taken over?

Thorn isn't really meta, and its send it perk was OP imo (as a Thorn lover!). Its DoT information still very usefull and an effective gun in handcannon range.

The Last Word is certainly meta at the moment - not touched.

Universal remote - a broken gun imo - needing fixing. Will have to see how the changes pan out.

Dregs Promise - certainly not meta.
    Boolean - certainly not meta (buffed)
    NTTE - certainly not meta (buffed)

Seriously - take out the Sniper rifle nerfs (which I agree are huge) what exactly are your issues with the 'mostly nerfs'?

Universal Remote and Snipers are the only weapons I can see have been negatively effected from a meta standpoint.
    Because we've seen a year of nerfs and as a result the game is all about special weapons. Primaries are ****, they needed buffing, including the meta ones.
    Yes - A high impact sniper can still shut down a super. I don't see why AdamD is so angry a non-high impact super can't one shot a maximum armor guardian at their most powerful. It also doesn't mean a med-high can't do it anymore anyway - if a guardian isn't max armor they can still be taken out - how many run at MAX armor.
    Its not a massive deal its just another 'WTF' moment from Bungie. Pretty sure its not MAX armour either, its medium to high.

I'm not angry, I'm disillusioned that they're seemingly content with the state of primaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Shotgunning titans will be all over the shop when the no sprint cooldown artifact is available.

They really need to do something about the shotgunning, juggernauth titans - its way too powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there any benefit to nearly maxing your various Reps to the next level but holding off until RoI drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Is there any benefit to nearly maxing your various Reps to the next level but holding off until RoI drops?

Yes, you will then get the new drops/rewards instead of the current ones

Yeah - possibility of new weapons/versions at a higher light level than you could get now. I don't think the ability to chose weapon/armor from your faction drop has gone live yet, so if you don't want boots or a class item hold off earning/cashing in faction packages until the 20th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Exotic boots are decrypting above 335, I got 339's

Rise of Iron hype:

https://vine.co/v/553lJXPEUYP

jonnycivic wrote:
    Exotic boots are decrypting above 335, I got 339's

Actual excitement that I have exotic boots to decrypt for first time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Beyond a different colour gjallahorn and a gjallahorn themed speed bike, is there any advantage to pre ordering Rise of Iron?

And given the Plaguelands are going to be connected to the existing areas, will you need the expansion to go into them in patrol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Before you play ROI you have to
    - buy ROI
    - download and install ROI
    - Launch the Game

Just want as many of those boxes ticked as possible but otherwise no!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

quad_red wrote: »
    Beyond a different colour gjallahorn and a gjallahorn themed speed bike, is there any advantage to pre ordering Rise of Iron?

And given the Plaguelands are going to be connected to the existing areas, will you need the expansion to go into them in patrol?

No, if you don't want the IB Gjallarhorn or Gjallarwing there is no advantage to preordering.

The Plaguelands are in a seperate patrol zone to the standard Cosmodrome.

No, if you don't want the IB Gjallarhorn or Gjallarwing there is no advantage to preordering.

The Plaguelands are in a seperate patrol zone to the standard Cosmodrome.

If you want to go into the Plaguelands, you will need RoI.

The plaguelands are a separate area. Two different patrol nodes on the director map. I don't think you will be able to travel between then. Current cosmodrome will remain as is, with taken. New cosmodrome is updated, different and seperate. Without RoI you won't have access to the new patrol zone.

The Destiny instsgram is previewing some Ornaments for Exotics.
    https://www.instagram.com/destinythegame/

PetKing wrote:
    Actual excitement that I have exotic boots to decrypt for first time ever.

337, 338, & 339 from my boots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yea, but they're still boots like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Handy enough website thing for the update: Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

As far as I know it's only Black Spindle that can headshot a med/high guardian out of a super now. That's really bugging as before, with 1KYS - I always went for a headshot on a roaming super. It's a high skill move, it very rarely pays off - but it's great when it does.

Very few people actually team shot a roaming super if they manage to get close enough, everyone usually scatters.

Now with the special ammo nerfs, if I was to change out special weapon, I'd
    have no ammo. (realistically, how many people are going to use B.S. for crucible?)
    It was nice to have a way of shutting them down, I don't understand why they've made it that much harder.

• Advertisement

As far as I know it's only Black Spindle that can headshot a med/high guardian out of a super now. That's really bugging as before, with 1KYS - I always went for a headshot on a roaming super. It's a high skill move, it very rarely pays off - but it's great when it does.

Very few people actually team shot a roaming super if they manage to get close enough, everyone usually scatters.

Now with the special ammo nerfs, if I was to change out special weapon, I'd
    have no ammo. (realistically, how many people are going to use B.S. for crucible?)
    It was nice to have a way of shutting them down, I don't understand why they've made it that much harder.

They want Supers to be Super? They don't want you to be able to take them out in one shot.

If a guy in super isn't max armor, maybe you still can take them out with one shot - it is still possible.

Maybe Rise of Iron will release a couple of more High Impact Sniper Rifles in the BlackSpindle architype.

If you want to be a Super counter - you are going to have to consider sacrifising your Sniper which previously had very little draw backs for one that does present a usability question. For the tier of sniper you were using, there was no real draw back to using it over any other sniper. if did the job a high impact one would do, and didn't suffer at short range, didn't suffer on AA vs lower impact ones much either.

I don't think the change was designed to take the Super equation out as a priority - I think it is byproduct of trying to reduce the all-round awesomeness of the IKYS type sniper, to make more of a reason for you to consider other sniper rifles.

EDIT: Also, while of no use to xboxers, isn't Zen Meteor high impact too?

Advertisement