Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yup Black Spindle is now the only way to snipe out a super, its stupid tbh.

And yes the zen is high impact, in the raid the other night it still needed to 2 shots knights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Was thinking about the impact the changes have had in the Raid. The sniper one is no big deal really. Should have plenty of time to 2 shot the knights, and take out any Acolyte Eyes if needed.

The changes to ToM and BoL. Might it now be better to have just one Titan in the middle rocking WoL, and a Sunsinger Warlock with a Tlaloc? With the Sunsingers revive not being used really outside of the Shade, and the usual abundance of Orbs, the Tlaloc should be putting some fairly heavy numbers to with WoL on top. Something to try mayhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The changes to ToM and BoL. Might it now be better to have just one Titan in the middle rocking WoL, and a Sunsinger Warlock with a Tlaloc? With the Sunsingers revive not being used really outside of the Shade, and the usual abundance of Orbs, the Tlaloc should be putting some fairly heavy numbers to with WoL on top. Something to try mayhaps?

I'm open to all strategies! Something will surely rise to the top. Although as our LL increases, it will become easier AGAIN. KF HM is the toughest it'll be right now, and we're still completing it on the old strategy more or less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Was thinking about the impact the changes have had in the Raid. The sniper one is no big deal really. Should have plenty of time to 2 shot the knights, and take out any Acolyte Eyes if needed.

The raid is manageable, the shade seems to have less time to take them down or something now.

I think the hunter in the centre with the titan is actually the best way to go now in regards the raid, between the void anchors and WoL the ogres will be melted again.

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm open to all strategies! Something will surely rise to the top. Although as our LL increases, it will become easier AGAIN. KF HM is the toughest it'll be right now, and we're still completing it on the old strategy more or less.

The normal placement strat still works. Completed it the other night as normal. No issues. Plats just need to throw one or two snipes into Ogre but other than that no change.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    The raid is manageable, the shade seems to have less time to take them down or something now.

I think the hunter in the centre with the titan is actually the best way to go now in regards the raid, between the void anchors and WoL the ogres will be melted again.

I just think the Tlaloc being based around a full super, and WoL would probably get fairly close to a ToM for damage output.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Leaked Rise of Iron gameplay footage from Felwinter's Peak is on Eurogamer here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-12-destiny-rise-of-iron-mission-gameplay-footage

• Registered Users Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Private matches are going live tomorrow. Don't know if it will be at reset or during /after the mlg event.

Private matches are going live tomorrow. Don't know if it will be at reset or during /after the mlg event.

What time is mlg event?

PetKing wrote: »
    What time is mlg event?

10am pacific - so that is 6pm our time I think.

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Noticed the difference allright in the raid last night. Found it ok for the first 2 ogre's but for the third would have to reload the tom, and then switch out to heavy machine gun, and then back to tom for the fourth. Also needs some adjustment when fighting the shade if your still using your tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

If you want to be a Super counter - you are going to have to consider sacrifising your Sniper which previously had very little draw backs for one that does present a usability question.

Just look at the logistics of this:

New way:
    • You're playing IB, clash or control and winning - but the other team has a bunch of roaming supers ready to pop.
    • You have don't have Black Spindle equipped as it's not really a PvP appropriate gun.
    • You want the option of shutting down their super - so change to Black Spindle.
    • You're out of ammo and need to wait for 1.5 mins and challenge special.
    • Your team is wrecked by Sunbreakers.

Versus the old way:
    • You're playing IB, clash or control and winning - but the other team has a bunch of roaming supers ready to pop.
    • You have 100-Yard Stare, a PvP appropriate gun equipped.
    • Enemy pops Sunbreaker, you try to take his head off.
    • Maybe you hit him, maybe you don't but you try anyway...

At least with the old way you had the chance to shut down a roaming super.
    Now people will rely more on "shutdown" supers, such as Fist of Havoc, Nova Bomb, Shadowshot. Which leads to hoarding supers, less exciting games.

It's probably best to keep the weapon balancing chat to this thread, as it seems to be spread over multiple threads and not getting the focus it deserves :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057647196

EDIT:
    They want Supers to be Super?
    As do I but sniping someone out of a super is such a hail Mary shot, I think it deserves to put down a roaming super.
    I also think supers will be better if people are not forced to hoard shutdown supers - happens in Trials a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Or..... Run?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

syboit wrote: »
    Noticed the difference allright in the raid last night. Found it ok for the first 2 ogre's but for the third would have to reload the tom, and then switch out to heavy machine gun, and then back to tom for the fourth. Also needs some adjustment when fighting the shade if your still using your tom.

For awhile now my method has been:

Tom: Ogre 1,3
    Sniper: Ogre 2,4

Cormac... wrote: »
    Or..... Run?

Have you ever been running from a super and your escape felt like this:
    3FTf5ta.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

As do I but sniping someone out of a super is such a hail Mary shot, I think it deserves to put down a roaming super. I also think supers will be better if people are not forced to hoard shutdown supers - happens in Trials a lot!

Trials is a weird creature anyway, totally in a world of its own.

But regular 3v3 or 6v6 there was so little super popping it was negligible, and the sniper Nerfs are a long time coming, and will I think have a more positive impact on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

As do I but sniping someone out of a super is such a hail Mary shot, I think it deserves to put down a roaming super.
    I also think supers will be better if people are not forced to hoard shutdown supers - happens in Trials a lot!

Wouldn't exactly call getting a headshot on a stormcaller a hail mary, the feckers are really slow and can't jump as well while active. A headshot will also still do enough damage to leave them susceptible to a follow up body shot, even with the reduced body damage.

Blinking Stormcallers are a lot more prevalent now than when TTK launched tbf

True, sitting ducks for snipers otherwise.

Cormac... wrote:

TrueVanguard had me move to ionic blink with vertical space too :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Or..... Run?
    A balancing patch encouraging people to run away surely can't be seen as a good thing

AdamD wrote: »
    A balancing patch encouraging people to run away surely can't be seen as a good thing

My comment was in response to Chimp saying you could change to another secondary (BS) for the express purpose of trying to drop a player mid roaming super, I should have quoted that part of his post in hindsight

AdamD wrote: »
    Or..... Run?

Running is an extremely prudent option in some circumstances.

Running is an extremely prudent option in some circumstances.

Another one is waiting out the spawn timer if killed by stormtrance/hammers/blade dancer.

Another one is waiting out the spawn timer if killed by stormtrance/hammers/blade dancer.

Maybe if people were willing to team shot it might be a solution.

The only options aren't snipe or super.

This is a no-brainer in 3v3. I can't believe people bother insta-respawing after a team wipe. I just stay down for the 10 seconds

The only 2 issues with Teamshotting can be the Stormcaller can Blink on Top of you and the Hammers will get it's health back after a kill.

I mean, you know me, I am all for the Teamshotting. But it's ludicrous how many 1v3 those subclasses can win

Muscle memory has me mashing the revive button as soon as I die :(

There in lies the problem. Instead of 4 option: snipe, super, team shoot or run. We are left with 3 options.

If a Stormcaller / Sunbreaker pops his super at the right time, he shouldn't be getting team shot.
    With less options for taking down supers, I believe less people will team shoot them.
    This leads to more running away and it's easier for the super to clean up.

Waiting at spawn is only an option of you've already been killed.

Some people may be happy hiding from a roaming super, I'd prefer to stop them.

• Advertisement

Genuinely found myself in bed last night lying there thinking "oh my god! it's only 7 days away, this day next week, only 6 more sleeps"

Serious hype creeping in now

Advertisement