Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I want me an iron horn :P

Here ya go

NSFW

I found that a bit tooo quickly didn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Whatever floats yer boat knave ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Calling BS on that - no way!

That is a real metal Penis. I kid you not. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It wouldnt shock me if it was a quest drop like the dreadfang sword thing tbh.

I called it back at the April update that they might up the LL to 350..... I just have a strange feeling they will for some reason.

• Advertisement

As long as it's not op or exotic who cares, they give prep order weps every expansion, their always crap.

Also apparently an XBOX leak shows it at 14gb so smaller than taken king, bigger than how and crota end

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CqEVvcW.jpg

Those fallen* looks uhhh interesting

also the trailer if anyone is interested(captured from an iphone6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nohvpsvCYM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They look like fallen/vex pirates or something like that.

House of rain maybe?

From grimoire

The house of rain was a fallen House that foretold prophecies.They were lost in the whirlwind , but variks preserves their ancient prophecies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It wouldn't surprise me if year that Iron Gjallahorn is just a skin for the exotic and it stays at Year 1 light levels or something.

Meaning it's not a "Pay-to-win" type thing. Anyway that's what I would hope. That it's merely a skin

• Advertisement

Embedding video

It's Back. In Black.

Needs an AC/DC backing track.

The lyrics are strangely relevant too:
    Back in black
    I hit the sack
    I've been too long I'm glad to be back
    Yes, I'm let loose
    From the noose
    That's kept me hanging about
    I've been looking at the sky
    'Cause it's gettin' me high
    Forget the hearse 'cause I never die

Number one with a bullet, I'm a power pack
    Yes, I'm in a bang
    With a gang
    They've got to catch me if they want me to hang
    'Cause I'm back on the track
    And I'm beatin' the flack
    Nobody's gonna get me on another rap
    So look at me now
    I'm just makin' my play
    Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way

Cormac... wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if year that Iron Gjallahorn is just a skin for the exotic and it stays at Year 1 light levels or something.

Meaning it's not a "Pay-to-win" type thing. Anyway that's what I would hope. That it's merely a skin

They made it a point to highlight that it's back. I'd be surprised if it was just a Y1 reskin. Why go to all the trouble? It'll be a Y2 lvl version, though I'd guess without the Wolfpack rounds, or at the very least nowhere near as many, and/or as powerful. I doubt it will be the same God Weapon it was in Y1, it'll just be another viable option.

Sweet I was looking for something in less than 640 x 480 that I could watch full screen on a ladies smart watch.

No need to tune in at 6pm CORK TIME now anyhow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Here ya go

NSFW

I found that a bit tooo quickly didn't I?

How long you been sitting on that gem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It could also be a new Gjallahorn; without the wolf pack rounds, or its overall power massively reduced.

They were clear enough that Gjallahorn and Ice Breaker wouldn't be brought back - so I can't see a copy of it back in the game. It will be a rocket launcher, but not the one that basically broke the game.

They made it a point to highlight that it's back. I'd be surprised if it was just a Y1 reskin. Why go to all the trouble? It'll be a Y2 lvl version, though I'd guess without the Wolfpack rounds, or at the very least nowhere near as many, and/or as powerful. I doubt it will be the same God Weapon it was in Y1, it'll just be another viable option.

Nerf wolfpack rounds a touch and your good. Even adjust it's ammo count 1 round in chamber 1 in reserve. Like some of the legendary rockets

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How long you been sitting on that gem ;)

:eek::D

You never know when any of this sort of stuff will come in handy.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    They look like fallen/vex pirates or something like that.

Space Pirates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Wolfpack rounds seems like an apt perk for an Iron banner based weapon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mod: If you're going to posts pictures of giant metal penises please don't embed them and instead mark them NSFW :o

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    Wolfpack rounds seems like an apt perk for an Iron banner based weapon.

Yeah, but if it is a Y2 version, they really need to adjust something, as they don't want a repeat of the original Y1 version, as it was slightly game breaking, as Mitch says. If they don't remove the wolfpack rounds perk, then reduce the number of rounds, or don't have them tracking, so the main rocket tracks the target but not the wolfpack rounds.

Every other pre-order pack has given you weapons that were useless within 2 hours.

I'd imagine it will perform exactly the same as the G-Horn but will be a different skin (kind of like the sword from the Introduce a friend quest).

I mean if you already have a Year 1 G-Horn, when this pack comes out, you will (assuming nothing changes from a QoL perspective) be able to just walk over to the Kiosk and Buy the newest (Year 3?) version anyhow.

I don't see this being the end of the world. I would imagine 90% of players who like Destiny will pre-order the DLC anyway based on the The Taken Kings success (content, review and depth of hours gameplay wise) so everyone will have one.

Sure, maybe we'll find out in like 7 hours anyhow with a bit of luck

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mod: If you're going to posts pictures of giant metal penises please don't embed them and instead mark them NSFW :o

Sure thing boss :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

It's not a real penis though it's a statue. How can it be NSFW?!

This really should have been in the charter :P

Yeah, but if it is a Y2 version, they really need to adjust something, as they don't want a repeat of the original Y1 version, as it was slightly game breaking, as Mitch says. If they don't remove the wolfpack rounds perk, then reduce the number of rounds, or don't have them tracking, so the main rocket tracks the target but not the wolfpack rounds.

Tone the damage down slightly on the main Rocket and a good bit on the Wolfpack Rounds and leave everything else as is.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think at the very least you'll get it at a crappy LL and need to infuse it, it's also possible you'll have to buy it from a vendor like the other pre-order weapon packs. Either way, there's no way in hell it's just a re-skinned Y1 weapon imo but I think it will be heavily nerfed compared to the original.

I don't see this being the end of the world. I would imagine 90% of players who like Destiny will pre-order the DLC anyway based on the The Taken Kings success (content, review and depth of hours gameplay wise) so everyone will have one.

Sure, maybe we'll find out in like 7 hours anyhow with a bit of luck

Ah yeah, I can't imagine many, if any, from here NOT pre-ordering, regardless of any sort of bonuses.

As soon as that pre-order button goes live, I'm pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Imagine it was just a skin the Reddit rage would be of Ragnarok proportions.

Datto would probably turn into a black hole live on twitch - "I'm not angry just disappointed"

• Advertisement

I mean if you already have a Year 1 G-Horn, when this pack comes out, you will (assuming nothing changes from a QoL perspective) be able to just walk over to the Kiosk and Buy the newest (Year 3?) version anyhow.

If you look back at the image wex posted, it states that you'll need to complete a mission in order to attain the weapon. This point's to it being a Y2/3 version, though it may not be an Exotic.

Advertisement