Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The design team not so much, mountain is riddled with badly placed invisiwalls that push you off when jumping.

That wasnt invisiwalls........ it was me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The design team not so much, mountain is riddled with badly placed invisiwalls that push you off when jumping.

It's just like real mountain climbing. Except you can jump 20 feet high, you have your hands strapped to your sides and a sonic the hedgehog-esque spring strapped to your chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Watching guardians flying past your head on the way down is highly amusing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Id there any public events in the plaguelands? I haven't encountered any but I have that quest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

thegame983 wrote: »
    Id there any public events in the plaguelands? I haven't encountered any but I have that quest

Yeah I've gotten a few :) warsat and walker ones mainly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

There are. Only one I've come across though is the typical Destroy the Walker.

PetKing wrote: »
    Watching guardians flying past your head on the way down is highly amusing. :D

Or using them to jump higher is even funnier especially when you end up pushing them off :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yeah, many a time: Thanks christ i made tha... nope.

But at least they added in spawn points at certain points along the way.

Which seem to be entirely random as to whether or not you respawn there.

I have fallen off near the top and respawned back on ground level, and fallen off half way up and respawned a quarter of the way up. Falling off at the same spot 3 times in a row could see you respawn in 3 different places.

Archon's Forge counts as a public event each time you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Thanks lads. Question: If I'm at 330 light and I decrypt an exotic engram will it decrypt to 330ish light or a set amount like 350? Cause I have on I got off a boss yesterday, but I'll hold onto it if its not gonna be 350. (it's a primary engram and I already have the kalastakov 350 primary)

• Advertisement

It will decrypt at your LL so hold off on it for now :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks lads. Question: If I'm at 330 light and I decrypt an exotic engram will it decrypt to 330ish light or a set amount like 350? Cause I have on I got off a boss yesterday, but I'll hold onto it if its not gonna be 350. (it's a primary engram and I already have the kalastakov 350 primary)

Won't decrypt at 350 if you're 330, probably mid 330's if you decrypt now.

I'd decrypt and just infuse it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

awec wrote: »
    Which seem to be entirely random as to whether or not you respawn there.

I have fallen off near the top and respawned back on ground level, and fallen off half way up and respawned a quarter of the way up. Falling off at the same spot 3 times in a row could see you respawn in 3 different places.

If you fall off ensure you commit to dying and you should respawn back near where you fell originally - so basically mash jump so it doesnt register you lower down due to sliding or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can I wait till they patch this? I don't like jumping.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can I wait till they patch this? I don't like jumping.

Gimli, if i have to take control of your game again I will :P but its not that hard in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Gimli, if i have to take control of your game again I will :P but its not that hard in fairness

Might have to take you up on that. Was climbing the mountain earlier. At it about 5 minutes. It's quite frustrating. May head out at lunch and buy a spare controller in case I throw one out the window.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Might have to take you up on that. Was climbing the mountain earlier. At it about 5 minutes. It's quite frustrating. May head out at lunch and buy a spare controller in case I throw one out the window.

I can do it in my sleep at this stage haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Omnigul Siva Strike List Farming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do you get one of those level upgrade shards with RoI. I remember getting one with TTK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do you get one of those level upgrade shards with RoI. I remember getting one with TTK.

Yup up to level 40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

awec wrote:
    I'd decrypt and just infuse it later.

Definitely do not do this.

Keep it till you hit 360-365 where leveling gets harder and exotics decrypt over 365.

At your lvl just run the heroic strike lists the blues will always be higher than your light just make sure your equipping them straight away, don't bother infusing for every 1 or 2 light levels or you'll burn thru marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Which are the best strikes in the SIVA crisis playlist to claim strike specific loot from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Myself, Itchy, Cable, Merry, Mickey & Ger just finished the second boss. Had time to look for sick fragments too.

Siva

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got to the final encounter blind fairly easily, but the last boss evaded us. Think we are too low light level. We have the mechanics down, but you need a no mistakes run when people in the fireteam are so far below light level. This raid will be a piece of piss in two weeks. Hopefully the hard mode adds some good challenges and isn't just enemies at an unobtainable light level.
    The Fallen Zamboni is great craic. Mad Max vibe with excellent set pieces. The raid could maybe do with 1 more encounter to flesh it out The exotic chests were also crazy easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Patrol missions are such a lazy pile of shÃ႒­te. Why must they be so tedious?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think the raid needed a quest leading into it, with some back story. It's prob in grimoire but I've no real idea who we were fighting, where, or really what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I think the raid needed a quest leading into it, with some back story. It's prob in grimoire but I've no real idea who we were fighting, where, or really what was happening.

True, Crota and Oryx were well established by the time the road came out. Seemed like a natural conclusion to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ranking up is painfully slow in this. How is the raid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    Ranking up is painfully slow in this. How is the raid?

It looks a fun raid but not a route to much faster progression. I reckon it will crota quick once we are on level.

The leveling in this has gone crap with this update in comparison to the April update. Poor choices and changes from bungie, imo.

Advertisement