Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooo, final raid room has 370 captains, they take 2 hits from a 365 raze-lighter. Before the Raze when I was 352ish they were taking feck all damage. Anything aruond 360 and youll beat them :)

Raze Lighter is the best way for taking down the captains.

ps (you might not want to read this about light level if you're not in the final phase)
    There are 2 phases in the final room. The shanks and captains and final boss go up to 380 on the final phase. It's very tough if you are below 360 light. I'm 367 light and it's a little easier to stay alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nighthawk one hits the captains

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Nighthawk one hits the captains

I reckon most would be running nightstalker to help with the dps on the boss though. I usually throw down a vanish in smoke before I rush the captain with the sword so he has no chance of taking me down before I get to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finished the raid woooo. Got the Scout, looks decent.

365 FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, got the raid done last night as well. It's doable at lower light,
    you just need to be smart about taking cover during shank/Siva mite phase and not just ramboing the captains if you're a bit squishy.

The only issue I see with being lower than 360 is the damage checks at the end of each rotation. Tethers, WOL and using the cannons for DPS is a must. Save tethers and WOL for last phase.

• Advertisement

One piece of advice for the final boss that we learned the hard way just before final damage phase:
    Don't touch his platform. Two of us jumped on it to get across quicker from right to left and it drains your super before killing youby misadventure. Most of you probably know this already, but we did not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got to the final boss on 3 characters but just didn't have the hours over the last 4 days to push it over the line.

Getting from 365 to 370 has kind of been my focus but it is a fricking joke of a choke point.

For context once I hit 365, here's some of the things I gone and did...

3 Nightfalls (3)
    3 CoE (Sigial Rewards are 365) but I ranked up Variks 3 times (for potential 365+ drops): (3)
    Bought 10 Ranks up packages with Dead Orbit (10)
    Naturally ranked up about 8 other times across 3 characters (8)
    Opened about 14 Exotic Engrams (14)
    Got 2 Guaranteed Drops form the Raid and 2 "Chest/Key" drops on 3 characters, so 4x3 = 12 drops (some of which containiend doubles, lets say 16 all in all (16)

3 + 3 + 10 + 8 + 14 + 16 = 54

It took me 54x "365+" drops to get my main character from... drum roll please..... 365 to 369

For f**ks sake

Alts came in around 368 thanks to infusing and moving weapons and Iron Lord artifacts being movable between characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Got to the final boss on 3 characters but just didn't have the hours over the last 4 days to push it over the line.

Getting from 365 to 370 has kind of been my focus but it is a fricking joke of a choke point.

3 Nightfalls (3)
    3 CoE (Sigial Rewards are 365) but I ranked up Variks 3 times (for potential 365+ drops): (3)
    Got 2 Guaranteed Drops form the Raid and 2 "Chest/Key" drops on 3 characters, so 4x3 = 12 drops (some of which containiend doubles, lets say 16 all in all (16)

It took me 54x "365+" drops to get my main character from... drum roll please..... 365 to 369

For f**ks sake

Alts came in around 368 thanks to infusing and moving weapons and Iron Lord artifacts being movable between characters.

Apparently Crucible has a decent chance to drop higher gear once your 365

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Apparently Crucible has a decent chance to drop higher gear once your 365

True that, I just straight up didn't have time for PvP over the weekend -_-

Also, trying to change to max gear in the dying seconds is heartbreaking. I was there at one stage like "Noooooo don't pick up the crests arrrgghhh" :pac:

DIM wont let you change gear once the match is called to an end

Rise of Iron Artifacts....

Memory of Felwinter (DIS 151/194 STR 86/129)
    Lose your super, but gain one extra grenade and melee charge and small boosts to all stats. Orbs grant melee and grenade energy.
    Memory of Skorri (DIS 37/80 STR 32/75)
    When super is full, nearby allies supers recharge faster
    Memory of Perun (STR 64/107)
    Enemy guardians with full supers and all enemies with low health are highlighted
    Edit: I just got the "Aritifacts of the Iron Lords" aka Noble Deeds Performed quest again (the quest that leads us to our first Aritifact) this is how we will be able to get another artifact each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

3 Nightfalls (3)

For f**ks sake

The amount of grind would make Napalm Death proud.

#Forever352

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

As grindy as it is it's not as bad as The Division. However they made that it gives you stuff you really don't want as drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Rise of Iron Artifacts....

Memory of Felwinter (DIS 151/194 STR 86/129)
    Lose your super, but gain one extra grenade and melee charge and small boosts to all stats. Orbs grant melee and grenade energy.
    Memory of Skorri (DIS 37/80 STR 32/75)
    When super is full, nearby allies supers recharge faster
    Memory of Perun (STR 64/107)
    Enemy guardians with full supers and all enemies with low health are highlighted
    Edit: I just got the "Aritifacts of the Iron Lords" aka Noble Deeds Performed quest again (the quest that leads us to our first Aritifact) this is how we will be able to get another artifact each week.

You can get one of each character a week, no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You can get one of each character a week, no?

Yes

Said we'd throw on the Twitch for the Rest Fresh Raid. Sure why not

https://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Never_Midnight

I threw on my twitch for the raid as well.

Currently at aksis, look for never_midnight on twitch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Get the f*ck in!! Raid done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I sharded my year 1 Ghallajorn so that I could infuse my new Ghallajorn into my Iron Ghallajorn.
    I like to think that, technically, it's the same launcher with a snazzy new paintjob.

I quite liked the Sepiks Perfected strike, the new song kicking in during the fight was great.

New raid looks tricky but fun, it'll be awhile before I can run it though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How to do the 5th monitor for the Exotic pulse quest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWCU-x8kd4o

• Advertisement

OBVIOUS RAID BOSS KILLING SPOILERS IN ALL VIDEOS BELOW

I found the best way to actually understand whats happening in the Raid Final Boss fight is to watch the below top video in it's entirety.

It's essentially Slayerage 2-manning it, but because there's so little happening and it's only 2 people talking, it actually helps provide some clarity on what needs to be done when :)

I actually found the 2-man version way more valuable, shows how cyclical everything is

Here's MTashed Video on the Final Boss

And Dattos video (skip to 8:20)

And MyName is Byf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Get the f*ck in!! Raid done :D

That was an epic run last night.

DPS was what was screwing us - we'd him to the final platform three times since Sat but couldn't put him down.

Can't believe we did it on our last run too - we'd literally called final run on it then damaged him so well the final teleport looked like it had glitched because we didn't need to go one more before he went to the final DPS stage.

Manad, Dave, Bag, Ger and Itchy - that was epic!

Good job lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

That was an epic run last night.

DPS was what was screwing us - we'd him to the final platform three times since Sat but couldn't put him down.

Can't believe we did it on our last run too - we'd literally called final run on it then damaged him so well the final teleport looked like it had glitched because we didn't need to go one more before he went to the final DPS stage.

Manad, Dave, Bag, Ger and Itchy - that was epic!

Don't forget the ferocious Tea-bagging he got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Congrats the lads on Xbox for the raid! it will only get easier from here.

Hoch completed it as well today if I am not incorrect.

So after seeing Datto's new pulse today I decided to give it a go myself.

Found a team, got all 5 Monitors and activated them, then completed the rest of the quest until the second to last step (just before I had to run the raid again), for most of this steps you need to have a full FT consisting of a Warlock, Hunter and a Titan, so when are typing in the last code the warlock clicks on the button without telling us, gets the next step of the quest and says, sorry guys I have to leave, and leaves us there hanging....

So after a while and since we couldnt find another warlock at exactly the same quest step I had to start the quest all over again with my titan... that's after 3 hours of raiding, going through the monitors, doing a nightfall, 4 strikes, public evbents, 3 archon forge and a good few kills...

So I started all over again, made sure the team wouldnt leave this time, and after 2 raids (you have to do the raid twice), nightfalls, strikes, public events and archon forges and lots of codes the baby is finally here

I have to say the gun looks very nice

14468168_1585477495082278_2748353075327180603_o_zpsgxnpvwzc.jpg

I am sooo tired now though

We did the first raid for that tonight. We're all 370 plus now and it's almost like a strike at this stage. I'll do the quest over the rest of the week. Cool looking gun though. Still haven't got the fecking thorn quest though. Doing more bounties than I have done in almost two years but it's not dropping for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

We did the first raid for that tonight. We're all 370 plus now and it's almost like a strike at this stage. I'll do the quest over the rest of the week. Cool looking gun though. Still haven't got the fecking thorn quest though. Doing more bounties than I have done in almost two years but it's not dropping for me.

When you're turning in bounties whisper to your controller "I'm not looking for Thorn quest". Reverse psychology 60% of the time it works everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

When your getting the 4th Monitor the 2 people in the server room don't need to press activate for every coordinate, the screens will just update with new ones as your team lands on the canisters (between 5 and 10 seconds after landing on the canister)

This wasn't clear on most guides online and had us stumped for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Just received an exotic shard from a public event completion on the plaguelandsðŸ‘

• Advertisement

For anyone missing the PvE Dead ghosts, check out this Youtube playlist

Can't seem to find one vidoe that contains all 7 (?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0aO7eassM&list=PLWOYpP6sq1FsWBb2d3ftFnppqnLCao4qs

Advertisement