Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Patrol missions are such a pile of ****e. The laziest content going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I don't mind patrols when it's vague, having to do specific ones a number of times is what annoys me.
    15 patrols? Grand no bother. 3 of this, three of that, 5 of those, it's annoying.
    Quarantine patrols. What does a brother have to do to get some of those. Then when you do get one a blue grabs the axe.
    Haha as long as they help in the fight let them off!
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Those bounties are generally the kind of thing I do once on launch then never again :o
    Yeah I want all the Iron Lord thingamabobs for the book though so I've at least five more to do as the do heroic acts one goes up faster that way so why not try for two birds with one stone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't mind patrols when it's vague, having to do specific ones a number of times is what annoys me.
    15 patrols? Grand no bother. 3 of this, three of that, 5 of those, it's annoying.

Haha as long as they help in the fight let them off!

Yeah I want all the Iron Lord thingamabobs for the book though so I've at least five more to do as the do heroic acts one goes up faster that way so why not try for two birds with one stone.

Try get in on the raids, one raid run generally completes the heroic acts one, or almost at least and it's the most enjoyable activity in the game by a very long distance.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Try get in on the raids, one raid run generally completes the heroic acts one, or almost at least and it's the most enjoyable activity in the game by a very long distance.
    I'm only at 351 LL and I like to have experienced babysitters in case I mess something up. :D
    I've seen bits and pieces of the new Raid and I do think I need to level a bit more before jumping into it.

I've always found the Raids a bit daunting. Well apart from Crota, it's smooth sailing once you pass the Deathsingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm only at 351 LL and I like to have experienced babysitters in case I mess something up. :D
    I've seen bits and pieces of the new Raid and I do think I need to level a bit more before jumping into it.

I've always found the Raids a bit daunting. Well apart from Crota, it's smooth sailing once you pass the Deathsingers.

I was 347 first time I did WOTM. Your plenty high enough to get to Aksis

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I was 347 first time I did WOTM. Your plenty high enough to get to Aksis
    Better get my arse in gear in the next week or two then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Quarantine patrols. What does a brother have to do to get some of those. Then when you do get one a blue grabs the axe.

Quaranitines only show up in 3 areas, Giants Husk, Archons Keep and Rocketyard.

Assassination patrols show up in Lords Watch, Archons Keep, Rocketyard and Divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got the Thorn quest on my Warlock last night, went into Classic 6v6 with Atheons Epiloge, The Messanger, a Void Spit-Shifter-Pro and some TTK NM Sidearm with Void burn and Truth. Got it done in like 7 matches, 2 or 3 of which I was dropped into a losing team like 505+ of th way through the match.

It was actually kind of fun using weapons I'd not normally use in PvP and trying to adapt.

Also, for the "Kill Splicers in the Plaguelands" step in the Thorn quest, you need 200 kills, I did the mission "The Walls Come Down" on Heroic (since you need to do 10 Heroic missions for the RoI box), it only took doing that mission 3 times where on the last run I wiped towards the end in the last room twice. So only took like 30 mins overall

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I got that quest done on my Warlock (THANK GOD) in about 7 matches myself. Stuck with my normal primary (playing IB) - but void secondary and heavy. got so many axion bolt, melee and super kills.

Had started it on my hunter - will not be finishing it!

Took it out in the first game I played after I got it... NOPE. Not a fan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Knowing my luck I'll get it on my Titan. Added my brother's nephew over the weekend. He's 12. Told him about the mountain. He literally ran up it. Kids.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Knowing my luck I'll get it on my Titan. Added my brother's nephew over the weekend. He's 12. Told him about the mountain. He literally ran up it. Kids.

sckghzj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Yes, my son was the same, he is 11. Was sitting with him when he was trying to get up, with a bit of help from myself he was up in 15 minutes-ish.

Dave and myself were trying for days...

brother's wife's nephew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Took it out in the first game I played after I got it... NOPE. Not a fan at all.

They've nerfed the bejaysus out of it.
    Funnily enough I was using the IB H.C. last night and thought it was OK...

I can't understand how Thorn is so inaccurate compared to everything else. Considering you only get 2 ticks of poison damage, the accuracy nerf seems too OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I like the IB HC and Palindrome, but just hated the Thorn immediately. I'll have to give it another chance. The ticks seem just informational now, doesn't feel like it has any chance to kill them.

I like the IB HC and Palindrome, but just hated the Thorn immediately. I'll have to give it another chance. The ticks seem just informational now, doesn't feel like it has any chance to kill them.

The poison effect is still good for disorientating them, caught me out a few times last night - I couldn't see who was shooting at me.

Problem is they nerfed the Stability 1st, then ages later nerfed the Range (if I'm remembering correctly), so maybe if the Range had been nerfed 1st, there wouldn't have been a need to nerf the Stability

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Interesting note,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/56p9nw/list_of_the_splicer_intel_relay_keys/

Didnt realise you can get more of these, I used one myself and noticed then there was another in my inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

This is impressive,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRCiX0OsDgM

they do some amount of damage to Vosik both times.

Forever 369 :( I've had a 365 artefact for about a week now, no artefacts dropping for me:

Iron Banner - Rank 5 (stayed on 1 character): No artefact.
    1 x skeleton key & chest: No artefact.
    1 x Eris Morn rank up package: No artefact.

God damn it Bungie!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Forever 369 :( I've had a 365 artefact for about a week now, no artefacts dropping for me:

Iron Banner - Rank 5 (stayed on 1 character): No artefact.
    1 x skeleton key & chest: No artefact.
    1 x Eris Morn rank up package: No artefact.

God damn it Bungie!!!

I'm stuck at 380. A bloody 365 ghost is holding me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm stuck at 368. Need to do more NF's and do a bit of raiding in the coming weeks.

Still need to finish the last raid. Left it at the sisters part so might ask for a bit of a hand on that one of the days.

Ya, I feel you.

The worst part was getting loads of drops from IB but they were all for the same light level.
    Got 2 shotguns, 2 autos's, 3 class items, hand cannon and scout rifle - all for 370 / 371. Which was the same light level as my current gear.

Great drops but no use for levelling up.

yeah the artefact/ghost holding you back kills you on drops.

Got a reasonably decent ghost from DO (for my LL) today. Went for the weapon and it gave me a 381 ghost as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Quaranitines only show up in 3 areas, Giants Husk, Archons Keep and Rocketyard.

Assassination patrols show up in Lords Watch, Archons Keep, Rocketyard and Divide.

The sleeper stimulant mission dropped last week but I'm stuck trying to get a warsat on Earth. It took bloody long enough on Mars but one finally dropped last night. Have the destiny timer app but every time it's the alternative to a warsat.

Any advice? Any place more likely than not to drop a warsat on earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Or switching primary/secondary/exotic armour during an IB match, leaving you 1 or 2 LLs below your max making your drops redundant..**** leveling up system.

quad_red wrote: »
    The sleeper stimulant mission dropped last week but I'm stuck trying to get a warsat on Earth. It took bloody long enough on Mars but one finally dropped last night. Have the destiny timer app but every time it's the alternative to a warsat.

Skywatch but you'll probably be attacked by Urzock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

quad_red wrote: »

There used to be always one dropping in the Mothyards. For me that was the most likely place to get it.

You might get lucky on forgotten Shore too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Or switching primary/secondary/exotic armour during an IB match, leaving you 1 or 2 LLs below your max making your drops redundant..**** leveling up system.

Yeah for trials/IB it's a right pain as you can't necessarily run with your best pvp stuff if you want your drops to be good.

• Advertisement

Got a reasonably decent ghost from DO (for my LL) today. Went for the weapon and it gave me a 381 ghost as well.

I have a Crucible and FWC rank up packages waiting to be opened. Just waiting for the artefact to drop first!

Advertisement