Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd be more excited to see Reddit in Full melt down than I would be to claim my medium-powered silver rocket launcher :pac:

Anyway, I'm just waxing lyrical. Generally all Pre-order and Exclusive stuff (Red Bull Introduce a Friend) has been functionally "meh".

I mean if I remember correctly the Red Bull Sparrow as like 5% better than most sparrows, so that helped in SRL. But that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'd be more excited to see Reddit in Full melt down than I would be to claim my medium-powered silver rocket launcher :pac:

And that anger being fueled even more by Broman explaining why it's not a bad thing that it's just a re-skin either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Mickeroo wrote:
    Mod: If you're going to posts pictures of giant metal penises please don't embed them and instead mark them NSFW

Out of interest can you mark spoilers and NSFW tags on mobile, never could figure that bit out.

Anyway

I hope the new Raid is good and the new Social Space is nice.

I was thinking last night, that if they are leaving last gen behind, it will be so we can possibly have the following:
    • More than 12 players in Crucible at once
    • The new Plaguelands area is a seamlessly integrated large open world space without the need to go into "loading areas"
    • More Vault space
    • Better character UI and inventory and more control options maybe (Hold Down on the D pad to consume heavy synth etc)
    • Wanting to kind of "Trial run" the "new engine" so that if they intend to use is for a Full Destiny 2, that the whole thing won't go tits up
    • More Variks
    • Less bugs (sound cut out due to particle effects etc)

After makes a video asking if he should be angry or happy.

I like his fact based stuff.
    But man his opinion pieces he's got less of a spine than a snake lol,
    Was watching a twitch stream with him and the guy from planet destiny before and he changed stance on an argument 3 times based of twitch chat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

From the video it looks like the riad is gonna be up against a gigantic Robot/Ship type thing with a tonne of guns :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PlainP wrote: »
    It's not a real penis though it's a statue. How can it be NSFW?!
    jcd5971 wrote: »
    Out of interest can you mark spoilers and NSFW tags on mobile, never could figure that bit out.

You can but you have to type out the code so it's a pain. A spoiler would be
    Jon Snow is Keyser Soze [ /spoiler] (without the spaces inside the brackets) and linking an image as NSFW would be NSFW[ /URL] (again without the spaces).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyway

I hope the new Raid is good and the new Social Space is nice.

I was thinking last night, that if they are leaving last gen behind, it will be so we can possibly have the following:
    • More than 12 players in Crucible at once
    • The new Plaguelands area is a seamlessly integrated large open world space without the need to go into "loading areas"
    • More Vault space
    • Better character UI and inventory and more control options maybe (Hold Down on the D pad to consume heavy synth etc)
    • Wanting to kind of "Trial run" the "new engine" so that if they intend to use is for a Full Destiny 2, that the whole thing won't go tits up
    • More Variks
    • Less bugs (sound cut out due to particle effects etc)

They said new Crucible Mode..... Dare I suggest Private Matches !!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They said new Crucible Mode..... Dare I suggest Private Matches !!

Did Last Gen hold back Private Matches from Destiny cause of techy reasons?

I'm not saying that they did.

I'm just asking questions

1313_dances-with-smurfs1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭klose

The new enemy race looks like fallen on stilts, I appreciate the new area wont be just a rehash of the cosmodrome but it will no doubt still have the same vibe to it really wish we could have gotten some new planets. In any case, ill wait till the twitch stream (assuming they show some in game stuff) to board the hype train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd take private games over any new maps, there are 26 already...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did Last Gen hold back Private Matches from Destiny cause of techy reasons?

I'm not saying that they did.

I'm just asking questions

1313_dances-with-smurfs1.jpg

No idea to be honest. I'd just love to be able to set up a few games and have a good laugh seeing who's better :)

No idea to be honest. I'd just love to be able to set up a few games and have a good laugh seeing who's better :)

Clan 1 v Clan 2 v Clan 3
    Clan only Rumble

Think of all the spreadsheets and tables we could create to keep track of who are the Top Guns in each clan and from there a Monthly Rumble between each clans top 2 for the prized postion of Alpha Gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Here ya go

NSFW

I found that a bit tooo quickly didn't I?
    How long you been sitting on that gem ;)
    :eek::D

You never know when any of this sort of stuff will come in handy.

This is GOLD

dudeeile wrote: »
    This is GOLD

Nope. THIS is gold. :cool:

NSFW

Nope. THIS is gold.

Oh knave

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fecking knew the Jellyhorn would make another appearance, they could have waited until Destiny 2....

Doubt there will be any more subclasses or many weapons, I'm sure that's all being saved for D2...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Fecking knew the Jellyhorn would make another appearance, they could have waited until Destiny 2....

Doubt there will be any more subclasses or many weapons, I'm sure that's all being saved for D2...

I has wolves painted on the side.

I mean that counts as Lore in the game at this stage :P

I hope there are no more classes / subclasses. 9 is enough. More would just be a balancing and exploit prevention issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope. THIS is gold. :cool:

NSFW

I dont even want to know why you have these images handy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

They brought back the Gjallarhron :D. Maybe we will see Ice Breaker, and the Vex come back.

The expansion looks interesting, and a new raid will be welcome. Wonder will it be as big as the Taken King.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    They brought the Gjallarhron :D. Maybe we will see Ice Breaker, and the Vex come back.

The expansion looks interesting, and a new raid will be welcome. Wonder will it be as big as the Taken King.

I have a strange feeling the raid itself will be bigger than TTK :D

wes wrote:

Leaks indicate a 14 gb size download so smaller than ttk.

But who knows what elements they will be able to reuse from what's there already etc so. It's all speculation

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Leaks indicate a 14 gb size download so smaller than ttk.

But who knows what elements they will be able to reuse from what's there already etc so. It's all speculation

Well isnt this suppose to be what was been built around the time of HoW? If so a large portion of it is already installed on our systems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well isnt this suppose to be what was been built around the time of HoW? If so a large portion of it is already installed on our systems :D

In one of Kotaku's articles they say that the new raid was built from scratch and not the HoW one.

Well if Jason Schreier says it, i'm inclined to believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

As an Xbox user looking forward aswell to finally getting some of the TTK ps exclusive stuff, echo chamber strike/armour. Wonder if the latest stuff will still be locked, like the zen menteor (if its a year wait for that sure we'll be almost in Destiny 2).

Hoping aswell ROI is still considered year 2, hate to have to give up my red spectre :)

syboit wrote: »
    As an Xbox user looking forward aswell to finally getting some of the TTK ps exclusive stuff, echo chamber strike/armour. Wonder if the latest stuff will still be locked, like the zen menteor (if its a year wait for that sure we'll be almost in Destiny 2).

Hoping aswell ROI is still considered year 2, hate to have to give up my red spectre :)

Ah the Zen isnt that special...... the Jade Rabbit on the other hand :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love my Zen Meteor on those few occasions I manage to get that extra shot off :pac:

So what time is this on at, 5 or 6? and anyone have the link handy?

• Advertisement

Advertisement