Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Last Exit thing was just an Easter Egg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Cormac... wrote: »
    Last Exit thing was just an Easter Egg

:( , the whole of reddit was on tender hooks all morning thinking this is the start of the next black-spindle/sleeper simulant hidden quest. Quite a few threads going around about the green "slowed" smoke in the wretched eye strike aswell.

I think the most interesting thing was the video on reddit showing the guy who was able to get into the ketch thats parked out on the highway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLfZVotwVM, they make it look so easy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got this eventually, and I just got my Gjallarhorn. Pretty fun to use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

With HM dropping tomorrow night some people might find this handy for Aksis phase 2.
    Obviously don't read if you want to go blind :)
    Its about the Empowered -> Supercharge Mechanic.
    Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So how are you all looking for the Heroic Raid tomorrow?

I haven't yet decided if i will go warlock (ugh - but self rez) or Titan for it.

Also thinking I might change from my final phase tactic of "I'M TAKING THE CANNON LEAVE THE CANNON ALONE IT IS MINE" and let the other person with me take it and use my Dark Drinker on Aksis directly instead. Depends if the other person has a dark drinker. I reckon cannons and dark drinkers (where you have them) will be required for DPS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think I'll plug away at raising my light level before I try the raid. Only at 349 light iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Going to tackle it on Wednesday so I can give it a proper go at doing it in one night.

I'll go NS Hunter and be a cannon person. I've saved a load of Siva Fragments to get double drops so hopefully will level up a bit. (Having actually typed this i'm thinking the second chests will only decrypt at 385 so might have been pointless to save them)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So how are you all looking for the Heroic Raid tomorrow?

I haven't yet decided if i will go warlock (ugh - but self rez) or Titan for it.

Also thinking I might change from my final phase tactic of "I'M TAKING THE CANNON LEAVE THE CANNON ALONE IT IS MINE" and let the other person with me take it and use my Dark Drinker on Aksis directly instead. Depends if the other person has a dark drinker. I reckon cannons and dark drinkers (where you have them) will be required for DPS.

Time to Grind out my Dark Drinker. Also, Grind out 380/385.

Who's up for NM Raids still??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Dark drinker is not the only option.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »

True, I've been using the sleeper. It's just an incentive to finish off the other two swords quests.

As an alrounder and high dps option what other options are there?

I use dark drinker to take out the cannon holding captain. Previous choice was gjallerhorn. Don't personally think sleeper is good vs captains, line of sight issues. Dark drinker is the highest dps option vs Aksis as far as I know, apart from the cannons. Raze lighter doesn't come close to dark drinker for Aksis dps, but is better vs the captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

As an alrounder and high dps option what other options are there?

I use dark drinker to take out the cannon holding captain. Previous choice was gjallerhorn. Don't personally think sleeper is good vs captains, line of sight issues. Dark drinker is the highest dps option vs Aksis as far as I know, apart from the cannons. Raze lighter doesn't come close to dark drinker for Aksis dps, but is better vs the captain.

Well he's been dropped many times by teams I've been with and not a dark drinker in sight so what does that tell ya.

Gally, raze, sleeper are all good options. Yes dark drinker provides most dps but not essential.

Well he's been dropped many times by teams I've been with and not a dark drinker in sight so what does that tell ya.

Gally, raze, sleeper are all good options. Yes dark drinker provides most dps but not essential.

I'm not saying it is essential for taking him down - but for max DPS I am either going to go cannon myself or go ham with Dark Drinker and let the other person use the cannon.

If you want MAX DPS - which could be an issue in heroic mode as opposed to normal mode - Dark Drinker does more damage than any other weapon in the game.

I'm not saying it is essential for taking him down - but for max DPS I am either going to go cannon myself or go ham with Dark Drinker and let the other person use the cannon.

If you want MAX DPS - which could be an issue in heroic mode as opposed to normal mode - Dark Drinker does more damage than any other weapon in the game.

Used the dark drinker myself last night on the final phase, took me 2 swipes to take out a captain , must look at options on the sword. I thought I could take the captain down last week with one swipe from the razer-lighter. Good fun using it on aksis though, and its nice to be using weapons you generally wouldn't use too often.

syboit wrote: »
    Used the dark drinker myself last night on the final phase, took me 2 swipes to take out a captain , must look at options on the sword. I thought I could take the captain down last week with one swipe from the razer-lighter. Good fun using it on aksis though, and its nice to be using weapons you generally wouldn't use too often.

I generally need a second normal swipe for the non void captain with the dark drinker - but I don't find that an issue. And the higher DPS vs Aksis would be why I would go for that rather than the one hit vs the captain (with raze lighter, and I don't have RL....)

I generally need a second normal swipe for the non void captain with the dark drinker - but I don't find that an issue. And the higher DPS vs Aksis would be why I would go for that rather than the one hit vs the captain (with raze lighter, and I don't have RL....)

I was using the raze last week at vosik/zamboni for clearing captains, but think I'll switch to dark drinker now instead. Just need to settle on a legendary special now. Used fusion last night and very handy for shanks.
    Are the perks for the raid sniper known yet?

syboit wrote: »
    I was using the raze last week at vosik/zamboni for clearing captains, but think I'll switch to dark drinker now instead. Just need to settle on a legendary special now. Used fusion last night and very handy for shanks.
    Are the perks for the raid sniper known yet?

I don't have a Raze Lighter, so I don't have the choice - but I like the ad-control nature of the darkdrinker. At the Zambone I like being able to control a captain and the mobs around him, or more than one captain in close proximity.

Raid sniper bonus perk is same as the rocket launcher as far as I know.

Spray and Play and then that faster reload again with a bigger cartridge when empty. Think it comes with Quick Draw too. Not sure if it is LDR/1KYS class or the higher impact class.

If we make it to aksis tonight, I will be going with Chaos Dogma, fusion, Dark Drinker - and either be cannoning or swording asksis. Thats the plan anyway, a change to mechanics might change the plan (and we mightn't get there)

Torn between starting Hard Raid tonight given it'll be 10pm start or waiting till I can have a good run at it tomorrow and instead knocking out 3x NFs and some other bits tonight after 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Torn between starting Hard Raid tonight given it'll be 10pm start or waiting till I can have a good run at it tomorrow and instead knocking out 3x NFs and some other bits tonight after 6pm

I'm waiting til tomorrow I think. No monitor run starting early would be the job.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I can see it kind of throwing my whole week I have a late night at that tonight. I love a bit of sleep :D

Yeah, I can see it kind of throwing my whole week I have a late night at that tonight. I love a bit of sleep :D

The other half is on nights tonight and tomorrow so i'll be good to run either night. My assumption was a few hours tonight (finishing up by 1am latest) and seeing how far we could get in that time. But if there isn't a run with the usual lads tonight I will continue with nightfalls/archons forge/weekly bounties for the night. I'll be on from 7 messing about with all the various activities.

chirst - the nightfall is Bond Brothers with Solar burn. (and grounded, juggler). FCUK THAT SH1T. Thats a hole pile of nope. All those cabal and charizard doing solar damage on a solar burn? NOPE.

Hopefully it will be changed along with the patch - as we have seen before - or I won't be doing any Nightfalls this week!

chirst - the nightfall is Bond Brothers with Solar burn. (and grounded, juggler). FCUK THAT SH1T. Thats a hole pile of nope. All those cabal and charizard doing solar damage on a solar burn? NOPE.

Hopefully it will be changed along with the patch - as we have seen before - or I won't be doing any Nightfalls this week!

If only we had Elemental Primaries eh? Bring back VoC and Fatebringer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'd chance it with my sunsinger alright. I like pain, it gives me pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

What way are drops working? Can you do normal and go hard.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You could in every other raid couldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

If only we had Elemental Primaries eh? Bring back VoC and Fatebringer.

Or some sort of Arc auto with a chain effect.

Or some sort of Arc auto with a chain effect.

True dat true dat.

• Advertisement

Probably, but Normal holds nothing for me now.

Advertisement