Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Supercell is probably my favourite gun in the game, possibly in part because it was the first Exotic I got I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Probably, but Normal holds nothing for me now.

Lah dee dah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Probably, but Normal holds nothing for me now.
    Lah dee dah!!!

59546665.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

*heroic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got all the guns and 8/9 of the armour (for 3 chars, not including helmet). That being said, feeling a bit burned out now -_-

• Advertisement

Those hunter gloves just want drop for me. And it's the gloves you really want. Though maybe the other armor bonuses will become more desirable in heroic mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Two Titan Boots and Warlock gloves. Needs more RNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I tried the HM shader at the kiosk on the raid gear. I was drooling at the mouth. All black with hints of red. Kitted out for my first Muse concert.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've been infusing most of the raid gear apart from the arms, it all looks crap apart from the warlock chest and if you don't look good in this game then what's the point darling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've been infusing most of the raid gear apart from the arms, it all looks crap apart from the warlock chest and if you don't look good in this game then what's the point darling?

Exactly. Shader compatibility ruined the Queens guard cloak. I have to wear a god awful FWC cloak to keep the original colour.

• Advertisement

The Taekwondo top? Jaysus no. So formless and unflattering

The honeycomb hunter is the shizz!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The Titan banner helm is lovely. I was stuck with that horrible dark blade helm for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Blue engrams are still decrypting at 340 for me ? I've only turned on the Xbox and was in after 6pm , were these not supposed to go to 365 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Blue engrams are still decrypting at 340 for me ? I've only turned on the Xbox and was in after 6pm , were these not supposed to go to 365 ?

Did you get the patch? Turning mine on soon

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

From the patch notes
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45338
    All changes to increase Light above 385 will take effect upon the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine

Which is 10pm here, really wish they told us this beforehand. Had my grind all planned out!

Daraa wrote: »
    From the patch notes
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45338

Which is 10pm here, really wish they told us this beforehand. Had my grind all planned out!

Ah right , only tried 2 blues so no harm

syboit wrote: »
    Did you get the patch? Turning mine on soon

Yep got an update alright but decryption is the same at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

another 4 hours to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Make sure that it's actually updated. Foxer and Swamp had to hard reset for the update to appear. I've had purples decrypting at 385 and exotics above that.

I think it's the forge, strike chests etc that won't be dropping anything higher until 10.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Make sure that it's actually updated. Foxer and Swamp had to hard reset for the update to appear. I've had purples decrypting at 385 and exotics above that.

I think it's the forge, strike chests etc that won't be dropping anything higher until 10.

Just had an engram decrypt at 384 so can also confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Logged on this morning. PSN maintenance ffs. There wasn't afaik but that's what the PS4 was telling me. Eventually got on to decrypt about 15 legendaries (3 of which changed to exotics which seems a hi ratio) and 3/4 exotics.
    Ranked the Titan up 3 LLs and the hunter 2 didn't log on as the Warlock. Wait was worth it. Gim happy.
    It's the collect xp/rank up factor that has me hooked on games like this, I'm sure. COD's fault.

Got all 3 of my characters hitting 389 now - Titan can go to 390 iirc but I can't remember the build. Looking forward to giving the raid a go tonight.

Have another couple of faction packages due tonight I think - still have to finish the weekly Shiro quest on my warlock and hunter which will get me a vangaurd package on both of them.

Did a good bit in the forge last night and got a few 390/391 ghosts and 3 391 artifacts. Could't get a boot drop to save my life from faction packages though so its the boots holding my characters back now. 1 pair of 387 boots (that I got last week) and everything else is 385.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Got all 3 of my characters hitting 389 now - Titan can go to 390 iirc but I can't remember the build. Looking forward to giving the raid a go tonight.

Have another couple of faction packages due tonight I think - still have to finish the weekly Shiro quest on my warlock and hunter which will get me a vangaurd package on both of them.

Did a good bit in the forge last night and got a few 390/391 ghosts and 3 391 artifacts. Could't get a boot drop to save my life from faction packages though so its the boots holding my characters back now. 1 pair of 387 boots (that I got last week) and everything else is 385.

I got my hunter to 390 using faction packages and the forge (got a nice 393 ghost from that). I had to decode one exotic engram to get arms as they would not drop. I then transferred the weapons and infused the hunters armour to my titan to make him 390. All the faction drops for him were 390 - so just kept choosing armour to get more 390 armour. Did the same with my warlock.
    Petra and Variks also drop 390 gear. I carried over one weekly crucible bounty and that gave me a 391 primary.
    When doing the forge don't forget to grab shiro's bounties, some serious vanguard rep from those!

nevelator wrote: »
    I got my hunter to 390 using faction packages and the forge (got a nice 393 ghost from that). I had to decode one exotic engram to get arms as they would not drop. I then transferred the weapons and infused the hunters armour to my titan to make him 390. All the faction drops for him were 390 - so just kept choosing armour to get more 390 armour. Did the same with my warlock.
    Petra and Variks also drop 390 gear. I carried over one weekly crucible bounty and that gave me a 391 primary.
    When doing the forge don't forget to grab shiro's bounties, some serious vanguard rep from those!

I picked armor loads from the faction packages I had, just had no freaking luck on getting boot drops. Got a load of chests, arms and helms.

Also still lacking on primary 390s (and heavy too). Only got one primary weapon from drops last night, at 389, so my choices for the raid tonight will be 390 OP or 389 Chaos Dogma. Unless I get a primary at 390 from a faction rank up tonight (will have two). For the Heavy I have a 390 Dark Drinker and 389 Raid Rocket Launcher - then it is down to 386 and 385 stuff.

I expect the raid tonight will help sort me out on this stuff a good bit though - i was just hoping to have a more balanced set of 390 weapons heading into the raid.

nevelator wrote: »
    I got my hunter to 390 using faction packages and the forge (got a nice 393 ghost from that).

Played a bit of Forge last night - the first 2 drops I got were Artefact and Ghost :) Forge is great craic and definitely worth a go. As you said, the Shiro bounties give you some serious Vanguard rep too.
    I managed to collect 2 vanguard packages yesterday and will probably get another by the time I run the NF (if I run the bloody NF).

I'm having no luck getting Siva offerings though. Myself, Salty and Rossi ran the Forge last night but I only got 2 green offerings drop. The lads put in at least 2 Purples, 1 blue a good few greens but the offerings just weren't dropping...

Well I got like 11 hours sleep. No drops. F**ks sake Bungie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Weren't they supposed to drop with a patrol - the one where you use the axe. Sure this was supposed to have been patched the patch before last but they never seem to drop for me.
    The old walk to the forge trick is what I use and it seems to be successful more often than not.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Weren't they supposed to drop with a patrol - the one where you use the axe. Sure this was supposed to have been patched the patch before last but they never seem to drop for me.
    The old walk to the forge trick is what I use and it seems to be successful more often than not.

Splicer keys drop when you kill a Brood wizard. 1 key drops per day.
    That's all I can get my hands on - so if I get locked out, at least I can get back in.

I just can't start an encounter :/

Edit: I'm wrong, I had a green offering in my inventory - apparently they won't drop in patrol if you have 1 in inventory.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote:

Forgot to pick up fresh Shiro bounties before hitting the Forge last night. Feck. Cashed in my exotics and got crap. Should have waited til later in the week. Feck. Heavy weapons holding me back. Feck. Exotic shards is short supply. Feck feck feck!!

Advertisement