Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Managed to get 5 of us into the same forge last night with 3 randoms. Serious amount of bounties and engrams dropping - had a bunch of blues turn into purples also. Good few ghosts, artifacts and weapons. Managed to go from 380 to 385.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Splicer keys drop when you kill a Brood wizard. 1 key drops per day.
    That's all I can get my hands on - so if I get locked out, at least I can get back in.

I just can't start an encounter :/

Edit: I'm wrong, I had a green offering in my inventory - apparently they won't drop in patrol if you have 1 in inventory.

Ok they didn't say that, this makes sense. Good old Bungie give you just enough info to enhance your frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

2 Siva Caches spawn after each boss, Normal and Hard. Unless your after a specific weapon, always go for the HM Cache. {I'm assuming that the HM Chest WILL NOT DROP NM Weapons. Need confirmation one way or t'other}
    (NM Cache is Capped at 385)

Vosik
    NM Weapons: Shotgun (Quantiplasm) / Fusion (Ether Nova)
    HM weapons: Sniper (Ex Machina) / Sidearm (Zeal Vector)
    Armour: Boots (HM is just the Spliced Version)

Zamboni
    NM Weapons: Rocket Launcher (Sound and Fury)
    HM Weapons: Machine Gun (IF Materia)
    Armour: Chest / Arms (HM is just the Spliced Version)

Aksis - Phase 1
    NM: Ghost / Artefact
    HM: Ghost (Amalgem Shell) / Perfected Artefact

Aksis - Phase 2
    NM Weapons: Auto Rifle (Genesis Chain) / Scout Rifle (Chaos Dogma)
    HM Weapons: Pulse Rifle (Steel Medulla) / Hand Cannon (Fever & Remedy)
    Armour: Helm / Class Item (HM is just the Spliced Version)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As others have said, the hardest part of the hard mode raid is the Voksis boss fight - staying alive a real challenge and though I know 1 person can throw two bombs, it becomes so much harder when one person dies.

We actually would have got the Zamboni done on our first proper run at it but too many people tried to just ignore the spider tank and get around it when it was down, rather than killing it. Think a couple of people got knocked by it and at least one part ended up under the Zamboni. A few more runs and we got it done without too much fuss.

Aksis - meh - I didn't find this any more difficult to be honest. It did take us a good while to get through the first phase, but I think that is just down to people forgetting about the turrets or not getting their timing right. It isn't really much more difficult.

Aksis phase 2 took about 40mins to get done. Damage on him was easy, but a few tired mistakes here and there kept dropping us a player and we tended to wipe rather than push on with 5 as these things tended to happen early in the run. On the run we got it done on it was comfortably done within the first 3 cycles. Two Tethers, a Weapons Bubble and (I think) three people going to town on him with a Dark Drinker (it was at least two) was causing loads of damage.

Got the Sniper (twice), the Machine gun, the Pulse, the hand cannon, an artifact and a chest piece - as well as exotic gauntlets (The hunter skip grenade ones) and a Jade Rabbit. Very disappointing that the exotic drops from the chests are capped at 385.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

As others have said, the hardest part of the hard mode raid is the Voksis boss fight - staying alive a real challenge and though I know 1 person can throw two bombs, it becomes so much harder when one person dies.

We actually would have got the Zamboni done on our first proper run at it but too many people tried to just ignore the spider tank and get around it when it was down, rather than killing it. Think a couple of people got knocked by it and at least one part ended up under the Zamboni. A few more runs and we got it done without too much fuss.

Aksis - meh - I didn't find this any more difficult to be honest. It did take us a good while to get through the first phase, but I think that is just down to people forgetting about the turrets or not getting their timing right. It isn't really much more difficult.

Aksis phase 2 took about 40mins to get done. Damage on him was easy, but a few tired mistakes here and there kept dropping us a player and we tended to wipe rather than push on with 5 as these things tended to happen early in the run. On the run we got it done on it was comfortably done within the first 3 cycles. Two Tethers, a Weapons Bubble and (I think) three people going to town on him with a Dark Drinker (it was at least two) was causing loads of damage.

Got the Sniper (twice), the Machine gun, the Pulse, the hand cannon, an artifact and a chest piece - as well as exotic gauntlets (The hunter skip grenade ones) and a Jade Rabbit. Very disappointing that the exotic drops from the chests are capped at 385.

Ehhhhh wtf????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

What's the sniper like?

Was going to ask about the exotics, got a 396 primary the other night from first chest, but ran the normal mode later on and exotic were capping at 385 for a few of us

syboit wrote: »
    What's the sniper like?

Was going to ask about the exotics, got a 396 primary the other night from first chest, but ran the normal mode later on and exotic were capping at 385 for a few of us

There was another Jade Rabbit drop and a Suros, both were also 385, and I got Hunter exotic arms from one of the chests as well that was 385. Maybe they were 'normal' mode drops, dunno - but out of the 4 drops I know of from last night all were 385.

Sniper is decent - the highest impact tier. I find the recoil better than Devils Dawn. Has the same perk as the raid rocket launcher - 3 rounds in the mag initially, four in the mag after reloading off an empty clip. No idea what it would be like for general use though, I am not a sniper - I only reliably use mine on the zamboni. It should put up big numbers vs Voksis I guess, with the fallen damage modifier too, but probably not at black spindle level.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Couldn't get past Voksis last night, we were "carrying" one lad who was a few light levels too low but to be honest we all died a few times before the first DPS phase.

Tried to switch it up a few times and moved from the left lane to the right lane and then back again to try and cover the under LL lad but the far charges kept messing us up.

Too many misses as well with the far ones trying to get them in without 1> taking damage & 2> rushing because thought the charge might disappear since we took time to clear adds.

Final Whinge: Thanks for my faction packages for my 4 arms all at 389 which stopped my planned LL grind to 391 for the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This is really taking the mickey now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Unquestionably the hardest part. Far more ads to deal with, and all seem to have incredibly accurate aim with those grenades. Easy to get swarmed while timing to throw bombs. Void machine gun became my choice after Nev mentioned it. Wasted all my heavy on him and OP on Vosik.

I was 100% guilty of several stupid wipes. I forgot about the turret several times, and then poor weapon choices meant I'd never recover health as it blasted at me. In the end I was sticking just below it, and jumping to one shot it woth a shotty.

On phase 2, the hardest part was avoiding the cannon while the captain had it. His shots from it were deadly. I was guilty of sticking my head out more than once causing early wipes. Things got a bit frantic with the bomb call outs, I picked up a bomb wondering was I throwing bomb 3 or bomb 4 (sometimes examining his shield to tell) and as I'd call it, someone else was calling bomb 3, then mine became 4!

The DPS on Aksis felt no different than normal mode. When it was going well, he seemed to be taking good damage. As Mitch said, swords and debuffs were helping.

Got the chest, sniper, the sidearm (instantly infused as it was a crap roll), and the machine gun. Machine gun in particular looks great and I think I'll be using it next run on Vosik captains.

• Advertisement

Myself and Generic had a good rhythm on the right with the captain and turrets in phase 1 of Aksis. Generic having self-res and a sword took care of the captain without any fear of causing a wipe. For my money, the left and right captains should are to be sworded - I don't find any other method as effective. Even G-Horn isnt as good, imo - as while it allows you to attack him from distance it also gives him more chance to shoot at you.

The idea of calling out the bombs is a good one, imo, as we need to make sure empowereds are moving back to their position after the 6th, but you are right - it did get a bit confusing and I think we got lucky a few times in terms of where Aksis teleported to and where we were. With 7 bombs, it might be a strat that needs to be revised - with empowereds being the ones to throw bombs (where there is an even spread) so that they will always be in/close to position. I thought overall we dealt with that fine last night. maybe out of luck though, dunno.

I might try a normal primary and a sniper on voksis next time around - as I really missed having the sword to deal with the captain on his boss fight. I had to use my tether every time on him just to keep him under control til we killed him. the one time i didn't use it was a nightmare (i think a sword would have sorted that situation but I was trying to kill him with a Raid Rocket Launcher.... USELESS)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you're on the left or right at Aksis and you're running Cannon and you're NOT using Raze Lighter or Dark Drinker to kill the captain you are doing it wrong and you're going to cause unnecessary wipes.

We should not have bothered calling out bombs 1-5.... Next time only call out if you have Bomb 6 and/or 7 ready imho

If you have issues with the Captain at Vosiks, use a Raid Void Shotty and/or Void Legendary LMG/(non-raid)Rocket, don't change to an exotic sword for the sake of 1 captain. Honestly not worth it, total overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you're on the left or right at Aksis and you're running Cannon and you're NOT using Raze Lighter or Dark Drinker to kill the captain you are doing it wrong and you're going to cause unnecessary wipes.

We should not have bothered calling out bombs 1-5.... Next time only call out if you have Bomb 6 and/or 7 ready imho

If you have issues with the Captain at Vosiks, use a Raid Void Shotty and/or Void Legendary LMG/(non-raid)Rocket, don't change to an exotic sword for the sake of 1 captain. Honestly not worth it, total overkill

I found it alot handier when I swapped my sniper out for a shotty for the captain. I had only one decent void machine gun and that tended to leave the captain with a tiny bit of health before needing to reload.
    You can do more than enough damage to the boss with OP. Sword might be handy for blocking those grenades though.

without calling out bombs 1 to 5, calling out bombs 6 and 7 might go wrong.

I think the problem is down to numbering - which is probably what you don't need to bother with. On the assumption people can be heard, simply saying BOMB OUT (or similar) should be all that is needed. We can all count.... We'll know when we only have two bombs left by his health bar.

I was using a heavy LMG on the Voksis captain, and it was needing a full clip to take him out (with help from yourself). Was also coupling a tether with a void (raid) fusion and it was taking a full clip, and more, to take him out. THEM FECKING CAPTAINS!

Also, to re-iterate.... going ham on Aksis with dark drinker is SUPER AWESOME FUN. and does a truck load of damage.

Bomb throwers should be looking at his health and being sensible with call outs. That my take on it. You can blatantly see when he will take 1 or 2 more bombs.

"Generics got a bomb, he needs 2 more hits, someone got the 2nd bombs? Yes ok, empowereds get in postion"

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

without calling out bombs 1 to 5, calling out bombs 6 and 7 might go wrong.

I think the problem is down to numbering - which is probably what you don't need to bother with. On the assumption people can be heard, simply saying BOMB OUT (or similar) should be all that is needed. We can all count.... We'll know when we only have two bombs left by his health bar.

I was using a heavy LMG on the Voksis captain, and it was needing a full clip to take him out (with help from yourself). Was also coupling a tether with a void (raid) fusion and it was taking a full clip, and more, to take him out. THEM FECKING CAPTAINS!

Also, to re-iterate.... going ham on Aksis with dark drinker is SUPER AWESOME FUN. and does a truck load of damage.

It sure is!

Final note: first full DPS phase when Aksis is left, and then running that ultra marathon across the area to platform 1 is horrendous!!

PetKing wrote: »
    Final note: first full DPS phase when Aksis is left, and then running that ultra marathon across the area to platform 1 is horrendous!!

was hard enough as a hunter - I fear that as a warlock.

But yeah, horrible. On one of them I had ran out of heavy ammo on the sword and instead of shooting him with something else for another few seconds I just turned and started that long run to the platform.

A problem of our own making though - nothing is actually stopping us from going to a closer platform (as long as we all do it together).

Loads of time.... as long as someone doesn't bounce on your Warlock head :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Raids eh, what're they like? Patrols are where it's at.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Raids eh, what're they like? Patrols are where it's at.

:pac:

When you ain't AFK'ing Nightfalls eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

When you ain't AFK'ing Nightfalls eh? :D

So spake the guru of blue orbing himself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dammit,bloody Archon Forge,got whatever the offering was and started up the forge,didnt jump in before the SIVA wall came up so didnt get to do the summon,what a noob:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EoinHef wrote: »
    Dammit,bloody Archon Forge,got whatever the offering was and started up the forge,didnt jump in before the SIVA wall came up so didnt get to do the summon,what a noob:(

Did you not have a key to open the door?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you not have a key to open the door?

Ive come across a door that needs a Siver key alright but i thought to summon in the forge you use a SIVA offering on a terminal and have a few seconds to jump into the arena before a wall appears and blocks entrance. I used the offering but never jumped into the arena,thought i could cheese it from the elevated platform:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ive come across a door that needs a Siver key alright but i thought to summon in the forge you use a SIVA offering on a terminal and have a few seconds to jump into the arena before a wall appears and blocks entrance. I used the offering but never jumped into the arena,thought i could cheese it from the elevated platform:(

You can use a key at the console to get in if you miss it initially or if you die and accidentally respawn instead of waiting for a res.

You can use a key at the console to get in if you miss it initially or if you die and accidentally respawn instead of waiting for a res.

Ah dammit,didnt know that. I actually hadnt got a Siver key at that point so wouldnt have helped but good to know i can do that thanks.

So the forge is where i need to be to start to get my light up? Currently at 340,wanna get up a little more before i start doing all the strikes

EoinHef wrote:
    So the forge is where i need to be to start to get my light up? Currently at 340,wanna get up a little more before i start doing all the strikes

I started into the heroic strikes around 344/45. It's the way to go at this stage once the Forge gives you decent ghost and artifact.

Ah dammit,didnt know that. I actually hadnt got a Siver key at that point so wouldnt have helped but good to know i can do that thanks.

If you are on your own in the forge don't bother putting a key in if you respawn behind the siva goop - by the time the key is accepted and the siva goop clears out of your way the game will have decided you have failed the challenge and end it anyway. A poor game mechanic, but thats how it is (or how I have found it at least). The same issue if you are there with a few people and you all die - you won't have time get back in before it 'wipes' you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The Forge is a great way to level up. I've only been able to get online for about an hour a night and I've already gone from 371 to 378 from running the Forge and 1 nightfall.

The only big problem is it's so hard to find people who want to run it. Every time I check it on patrol it's empty.

(Also, don't think I'll be chancing the NF again this week :pac:)

Advertisement